X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k_peek_2000
    replied
    Re: Tower 13, 10/13: What waaasn't that?, Random Weather, and Biscuit Jokes galore

Yay! It was an awesome trip!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CaitlinMcFly
    replied
    Re: Tower 13, 10/13: What waaasn't that?, Random Weather, and Biscuit Jokes galore

I ran out of pictures.
    The last parts of the day were a blur of crowd. We tried to get into the French Market but the line was out the door and around the corner, Cafe Orleans was the same (No! I wanted gumbo!) so we finally got over to Stage Door, which had a bearable wait. BassBone dashed into Golden Horseshoe and said that the line inside was no worse and there were actually tables, so we ended up eating there.
    The chili was almost as good as the gumbo, and I was able to get some cake from Brad. Then he got up on stage and danced and I didn't get a picture I AM SO SORRY BRAD and then we somehow were able to get over to Tomorrowland right before the fireworks. We hit Star Tours and then watched the end half of R...DCT, then stood around and wondered what to do next. There was nothing that didn't have an hour line, and it was about 10 at night.
    BassBone and his gal were both sore and exhausted so they bid us adieu, and seeing nothing worthwhile that wouldn't take forever to get to, we found a decent spot for F! and sat and rested for a half hour. I almost fell asleep, but we enjoyed the show. At this point Stitchon had to meet up with his family, and it was just me, WeWants, Betty, Brad, and k_peek. We went on Pooh which had a -gasp- 3 minute wait, then over to HMH which had maybe a 20 minute wait. It passed quickly, and WeWants' dad met up with us. It was almost closing and Betty's ride was there, so we walked her out to the Harbor pickup lot, then the rest of us dragged ourselves to the tram and to the parking structure.
    I hope you enjoyed my fairly minimalist TR, and maybe some other people can fill in the blanks I missed.
    Have a great day, all!!

Leave a comment:

• CaitlinMcFly
    replied

The sun came out by the time we were going to lunch, and we decided on Taste Pilot's, which was new to me and a few others. We played 'who can get their food first' and I forgot who won. BassBone I think.

k_peek and OneChick in the long line at Taste Pilot's.

Disney1978 and Betty

Look!!! Good theming!!! Yaaaay!!!

Lunch was productive for WeWants. She made some modern art.
    Lunch was pretty uneventful. The burger I got was amazingly good, as were the fries, and I was surprised by the fairly decent prices of the food in accordance with the tastiness of it. We sat outside and chatted about everything from pop culture to books, and I pulled out the book BassBone loaned me and read some random pages aloud. Finally, we all dragged ourselves from the comfort of the hard metal chairs and walked back over into HPB.
    "You know, if you guys don't want to finish the 13 today, I won't be disappointed. I'll finish my 50 trips later," I shouted sincerely as we picked our way through the uncharacteristally large crowds. Everyone was rather indifferent either way, so we approached the abandoned hotel once more.
    The wait was 50 minutes.
    We used our remaining fastpasses, which had a slow moving line and was in the roundabout FP queue.

Pretty pretty.

Our last time. We were tired of the lines. *rimshot*
    I saw Michael again as we left, and he said even he was surprised by the crowds that day. I told him about our surrender and he understood, and then wished us luck for the rest of the day. He asked when I was coming again and I said I didn't know, and he wanted me to tell him when I was at 50 rides for the year. As he was struggling with the lower alpha exit doors closing on him, I bid him farewell and we head off to do some other things.

Betty hadn't been on Monsters so we did that...

...and Muppetvision, because it would be gone within a few years....

They were all taking pictures of me taking pictures of the stuff in the queue so I took a picture of them taking pictures of me taking pictures of the stuff in the queue.
    As we exited the show and went off towards the Animation building--

Gasp! The door to the Millionare building was open!!! Stitchon and I pulled out our cameras quickly and snapped some shots like the Disney Dorks we are.
    We showed Betty the sights in that building (as she was new to much of it, she hadn't gone since DCA opened) and then OneChick met up with her familia and bid us goodbye. We went over towards Paradise Pier and then Disney1978 saw some pins she wanted to buy and decided to leave us since she had plans soon after anyway. Something about the Disney Character Warehouse, I think

Goodbye Disney1978!!! We'll miss you. Until next time
    On the way to PP, I noticed something that bothered me.

Okay. It says the Lucky Fortune Cookery is in that direction, except only the building is still there. The restaurant itself--the only real piece in DCA that really covered the Asian cultural impact on California--is gone.
    Sigh. They could have at least done something with that.
    Anyway, we went over to the Sun Wheel of Doom and squeezed seven people into one swinging car. And WeWants decided to be evil and make it swing more. And BassBone almost killed her.
    It was just after sundown when we got off, and we all hit the bathroom and decided to go over to DL to meet up with BassBone's girlfriend and to eat dinner.
    On the way there, guess who we saw?

More soon.

Leave a comment:

• Micoofy Duck
    replied

always fun tr's!

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sane as a hatter. Yep. Perfectly sane.

Leave a comment:

• disneyballerina
    replied

Wow, you guys are cra-zee.

In a good way, of course.

Leave a comment:

• BassBone
    replied

I had much much fun! My pictures will be later, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

Fun report so far! Sorry you had a rocky morning, but I'm glad you're okay.

Leave a comment:

• CaitlinMcFly
    replied

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
    I hope you get better.
    I'm okay--it was one of those things were I was either going to end up in the hospital and/or needing surgery, or I could just go home because it was nothing. Thank heaven it was the latter. Thank your for your concern, though

Leave a comment:

• CaitlinMcFly
    replied

As usual, when me and my friends get together, things get crazy in the best possible way.
    Having so many MC'ers at one table, we all had our cameras out and were snapping pictures of each other and the things around us.

Seriously, of each other. It's BassBone!

Disney1978 and ThatOneChick

Brad_Chowen, who is recovering from death (aka a serious cold) and WeWantstheRed'ead

Betty and me. I don't know what the crunk I'm doing, but like I said, I was tired and sick and recovering from a panic attack so I have an excuse XD
    BassBone handed me a book that I had asked about and we placed our drink orders, making jokes about everying almost immediately. We had a really great server whose name I didn't catch, nor did I get a picture of him (Quick!!! Someone!!! Post a picture of him!!!!) but he was very attentive and friendly despite him having a bad morning, so he told us.
    We got our food and began to eat. With pretty much every entree you get two bicuits, which I didn't know. None of us really wanted ours, and we ended up giving most of them to Brad for some reason even though he didn't want them eaither. And so began making as many jokes we could about biscuits--pretty much everything we could think of. For a good 10 minutes solid.
    God, my friends are weird.
    When it came time to pay the bill we had enough money for it all but WeWants wondered aloud if we could tip him in bisciuts. We didn't.
    We finally got ourselves heading over to DCA when I got an alert on my phone that I had a voicemail. It was Stitchon saying he was there, right after rope drop, near the exit to Tower.
    At this point it was 10:30. I felt really, really, really bad about making him wait.

The 'or' in 'California'
    We met Stitchon at the exit and waited for or group to get back from the first potty break of the day. While waiting, Lewis from 'Meet the Robinsons' came up to me and tried to pantomime with me. I suck at charades, so he ended up hugging me and staggering away dazedly (as if in love) on his way into the heart of HPB. Still not used to the silent flirting.
    The group came together and we went on Tower for the first time. The line was 40 minutes, but first thing in the morning there's always a sweel. Granted the alpha shaft was down still, but it always speeds up.
    ...Right?
    In line for the first drop in the lobby, I said how I hoped that we'd see my favorite person in the universe, Michael the bellhop. No sooner did the words pass my lips when we saw him standing in the lowers library queue. We shouted "Hey!" to each other in greeting (repeatedly) and went into the uppers librabry queue. The lovely Koree was there, and we chatted for a bit. Apparently she and a few other people had gotten awards for what they did on July 13th for us (I always forget to fill out the compliment forms, I need to, and I'm glad someone did), and I said congrats.

Numbah one...
    I got a call from k_peek_2000 saying he was on his way, and we got some fastpasses to use later and got back in line. Which was still 40 minutes and in the switchbacks in the extended queue. It was moving, but, well, still a 40 minute wait.

Number two. I don't know either.
    k_peek was waiting for us at the exit but I didn't know where, and as we came out of the exit shop to look for him a light rain was falling. Lewis from MTR was there again, and he ran past me and took my umbrella. I faked crying into my hands when I was realyl giggling uncontrollably, so he ran back over and gave it back. I thanked him and WeWants shouted that a picture was in order. He put him arm around me tight and the picture was taken, and Lewis took my hand and kissed it. I smiled at him and said I had to go because I was looking for someone. He staggered again as if in love and waved goodbye to me as he went backstage. We found k_peek after that, and we got another fastpass and got back in line. That went rather fast but people were still packing in, so the time didn't go down at all.

People I love.

We were lost....Number three.
    That's pretty much how it went. The lines were long, I saw Michael the bellhop again and we stood there chatting for a while about how the apha shaft was open again and how this was going to be a tough day, and we went on it two more times before lunch, using one of our fastpasses.

Four....

Five....
    And in a moment, we'll continue with lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

I hope you get better.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Oh bellhop princess Sorry I missed you but I couldn't find you guys.

Leave a comment:

• CaitlinMcFly
    replied

And now....BellhopPrincess's Trip Report!!!
    This week has been exciting for me in many ways. I've been extremely giddy about the prospect of Saturday--not just going on Tower 13 times and hitting my 50 rides for the year, but because I'd be doing it with a circle of people I love to no end. Unfortunately, the other end of the excitement was the possibility of not being able to go Saturday due to a personal health crisis that required almost immediate attention. I'm okay now according to the doctor, but things were so busy Friday night with the doctor's appointment and filling my new perscriptions that I didn't have time to shower because I was doing laundry and last minute planning. I was still up at 11:30 that night getting my stuff together--something that normally happens at least two days before the trip.
    What does this have to do with Saturday?
    Well, I'll be honest with you: that morning did not go well.
    I've had bad insomnia lately, so I hit my snooze four times before I finally got out of bed at about 6:45, only to discover that I had a wickedly bad sore throat and a headache as if I had been up crying all the night before. I took a shower and got out at about 7:20 (I'm bad, I know, but I'm working on it) and got dressed and did all I needed to. My hair was still damp when I left my San Gabriel Valley home at 7:50 to pick up my friend ThatOneChick (who is new to MC but hasn't been around much at all). The sky was dark gray. I didn't have a good feeling.
    I picked up OneChick and we stopped at a Starbucks in Walnut which took far too long because they forgot about her order. I still needed to stop and get WeWantstheRed'ead from the OC before we could get to Anaheim and eat. As we were getting back in the car to finally head over the hill, I got a text from BassBone saying that he and Brad_Chowen were already at teh meeting spot. It was 8:20. I was having a minor panic attack. We got WeWants and took the freeway and surface streets and a train and a ship and a rickshaw and a rocket and a roman chariot and a steamboat before we finally got close to the resort.
    Okay, so I exaggerated a bit, but my dad decided to take the most roundabout way to get from Placentia to Anaheim I've ever seen that we might as well have stopped for all of the above.
    As we got to Ball and Harbor I realized that my friend Betty was supposed to meet with us and I hadn't heard anything from her all morning. I called her (which was good because she was lost) and I was able to direct her to where BassBone said he, Brad and the recently arrived Disney1978 were going to eat since he knew we'd be late.
    OneChick, WeWants and myself wandered around Downtown Disney and the chosen restaurant, Rainforest Cafe, and didn't see anyone except for Betty. BassBone wasn't answering his phone and I was getting pissed, so there are no pictures of this. Finally we went back into Rainforest to just sit down and eat by ourselves and hope that we'd find them sooner or later. Just then I see BassBone come into the gift shop in RFC and I ran over to him--they were there, hidden in a corner where we didn't look. We sat down, introduced those who hadn't met, and ordered food.
    With the next post comes the pictures. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by CaitlinMcFly; 10-14-2007, 03:09 PM. Reason: wrong MC name for somebody...oops

Leave a comment:

• k_peek_2000
    replied

I regret not bringing my camera now =/ Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing the pix. I had an amazing time! BTW, I have no idea what the biscuit joke is. lol

Leave a comment:

• Tower 13, 10/13: What waaasn't that?, Random Weather, and Biscuit Jokes galore

Starting the initial post on my mom's laptop as I upload pictures. As usual, my Flickr is updated (link is in my siggy below the icons and above the myspace link) if you want a taste, but I'll start TR'ing on the big computer because I hate Vista and this laptop is impossibly difficult to operate.
    Any of my ToT13 buddies who want to start posting pictures, feel free. I really didn't take too many yesterday. I need to eat and take some asprin so I don't pass out because I got the flu again yesterday....But I'll be TR'ing soon. I promise.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X