Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

My husband and I are wondering if we go in early December if we will be less likely to deal with huge droves of Christmas vacationers, or if it's pretty much busy from beginning to end. Anyone have an idea? I know nobody can know for sure, but I've not gone there at this time of the year and I'm sure some of you have.

Re: December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

Weekdays at the very start of December are quite nice usually.

Comment

I would not go the last two weeks of December. My experience has been on December 27...NEVER again!!!!

Comment

Best time to go will be the week after Thanksgiving. We were there that week last year and it was fantastic. NO LINES. All the Christmas decorations were up. It is the best DLR trip ever for us.
        You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Yeah, I'm basically assuming that anywhere between December 12th and December 30th would be bad timing, because that seems like the time frame when kids are out of school and family trips will have started. But I just need to make sure before we decide on reservations.

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore_lady View Post
            Yeah, I'm basically assuming that anywhere between December 12th and December 30th would be bad timing, because that seems like the time frame when kids are out of school and family trips will have started. But I just need to make sure before we decide on reservations.
            Good, My Birthday is before that I want to visit the park during the winter time. Who wants to go with me?!?!?!

Comment

Hahaha, I just realized that I sound like I'm trying to avoid families and kids... moreso just the long lines that come with massive amounts of happy families.

Comment

We went over the 8th one year (during the week) and it was wonderful. No crowds, no lines, but all the christmas fun. I don't think that the fireworks went every night, and there weren't a zillion characters out, but still plenty to have fun.
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Noe that DL closes early on Dec 3 and 4 for the Cast Party

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...darMonthlyPage

Comment

i was there Dec 23rd 2 years ago , and i was one of the nicest trips i have ever had , little to no crowds all day

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

December 16th on is considered "peak season."

Comment

Early December usually isn't that bad. It only really starts to get nuts the last week of the year, Disneyland has been known to reach capacity between the 25th and Jan 1st.
                        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Anyone know what "capacity" is? I could swear DL reached it Friday night! What a zoo, and people were still streaming in when we left around 8:30!

Comment

How does one find out whats going on during the year? we are planning a trip the first week of December also, ( Next year) it would be awsome to know what to expect as far as crowds, and conventions and things such as cheerleading and so forth .

Comment

Originally posted by DebiTasha View Post
                              Anyone know what "capacity" is?
                              I know it, but I am not sure if I am allowed to share this type of information. What I know is, onec the park reaches capacity, they add a third Fantasmic! show!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X