Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizziemichelle
    replied
    Re: December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

I probably should add to my last question about ride line wait times... We'll be in Magic Kingdom, Disney World, rather than Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Lizziemichelle
    replied

Can anyone give me an example of the average wait times on popular, moderate, and low line rides in mid-December? I think we will be there the week before most kids are out of school, but I'm still worried about huge crowds, especially since we'll be there Sat Dec. 22nd (we also will be Mon the 17th though). I'm also curious if anyone knows what I might expect at Blizzard beach for wait times on Wednesday, December 19th. Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

I will be there this year on the first week of December (with MC friends and hubby!) and also next year, to celebrate my wedding anniversary (20 years!) and also with MC friends! We've already planned a year in advance! Yahoo!!! I LOVE Christmastime in DL. This will be my 3rd trip this year so far. I love it!

Leave a comment:

• samsma
    replied

I love going in the early part of December. In my opinion,it is one of the best times ever! Our next family visit will be the first few weeks of December next year ( I know a long time to go), and I will also get to meet up with a huge group of my girlfiends from MC at the same time! Double the fun!

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

And especially Dec. 26-31, that's when Rose Bowl fans come in droves.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by DebiTasha View Post
    Anyone know what "capacity" is?
    I know it, but I am not sure if I am allowed to share this type of information. What I know is, onec the park reaches capacity, they add a third Fantasmic! show!

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

How does one find out whats going on during the year? we are planning a trip the first week of December also, ( Next year) it would be awsome to know what to expect as far as crowds, and conventions and things such as cheerleading and so forth .

Leave a comment:

• DebiTasha
    replied

Anyone know what "capacity" is? I could swear DL reached it Friday night! What a zoo, and people were still streaming in when we left around 8:30!

Leave a comment:

• TrojanSkippa
    replied

Early December usually isn't that bad. It only really starts to get nuts the last week of the year, Disneyland has been known to reach capacity between the 25th and Jan 1st.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

December 16th on is considered "peak season."

Leave a comment:

• GrimmGreen
    replied

i was there Dec 23rd 2 years ago , and i was one of the nicest trips i have ever had , little to no crowds all day

Leave a comment:

• JeffYardDog
    replied

Noe that DL closes early on Dec 3 and 4 for the Cast Party

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...darMonthlyPage

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

We went over the 8th one year (during the week) and it was wonderful. No crowds, no lines, but all the christmas fun. I don't think that the fireworks went every night, and there weren't a zillion characters out, but still plenty to have fun.

Leave a comment:

• eeyore_lady
    replied

Hahaha, I just realized that I sound like I'm trying to avoid families and kids... moreso just the long lines that come with massive amounts of happy families.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by eeyore_lady View Post
    Yeah, I'm basically assuming that anywhere between December 12th and December 30th would be bad timing, because that seems like the time frame when kids are out of school and family trips will have started. But I just need to make sure before we decide on reservations.
    Good, My Birthday is before that I want to visit the park during the winter time. Who wants to go with me?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• eeyore_lady
    replied

Yeah, I'm basically assuming that anywhere between December 12th and December 30th would be bad timing, because that seems like the time frame when kids are out of school and family trips will have started. But I just need to make sure before we decide on reservations.

Leave a comment:

• JangoFett
    replied

Best time to go will be the week after Thanksgiving. We were there that week last year and it was fantastic. NO LINES. All the Christmas decorations were up. It is the best DLR trip ever for us.

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

I would not go the last two weeks of December. My experience has been on December 27...NEVER again!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bluejake01
    replied

Weekdays at the very start of December are quite nice usually.

Leave a comment:

• December Disneyland: When does it start to get REALLY crazy?

My husband and I are wondering if we go in early December if we will be less likely to deal with huge droves of Christmas vacationers, or if it's pretty much busy from beginning to end. Anyone have an idea? I know nobody can know for sure, but I've not gone there at this time of the year and I'm sure some of you have.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X