Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morrigoon's "Two, Two, Two TR's In One!" Report (10-7 thru 10-14)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrigoon's "Two, Two, Two TR's In One!" Report (10-7 thru 10-14)

Okay kiddos, here's my long-overdue-it's-about-dang-time trip report! I'm covering from Gay Days Sunday through today, so bear with me here... this is a *lot* of photos!

I arrived at the parking structure, and discovered the cute Halloween themed signs they had for the levels:

And since the line was totally backed up on my level, I used "the stair trick" to get down to a less-used escalator (what can I say, I have no patience!)

I had to wait for a tram, leaving me too much time to think about things. Things like.... I'm sorry, HOW MANY legs does a spider have again?

I guess that was the spider equivalent of cartoon fingers?

At the meet, Dusty addresses the assembled crowd to explain a few things about the wonderful FREE quest that people were participating in

And then to beckon us all over to the castle for a group photo

To be continued....

(and continued...)

(and continued...)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Morrigoon's "Two, Two, Two TR's In One!" Report (10-7 thru 10-14)

After the meet, I headed over to DCA with Chernabog, Alphabassetgirl, and Cherny's friend to catch some Taste Pilot's goodness and see the legendary Toy Story Zoetrope.

Onward!

Wait! It's *gasp!* (in your best Heimlich voice) CANDY CORN!!!!!

Taste Pilot's lovin' (or at least an onion shaped like a heart)

Eat your heart out! (I did)

TBC...

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Nice shots and what fun did we have on that day. Thanks.

Comment

And here it is... the Toy Story Zoetrope!

You can start to get an idea of how motion is achieved through incremental changes from model to model:

Really, pictures don't do it justice, this is several feet across... even standing still, it's impressive.

After that, we took a ride on ToT

And then messed around a bit in the store at the exit (relax, those are just Jack pillow/plushies

Chernabog sports the latest in West Hollywood thug wear and says, "Whassup ma homo?" (The fur gloves are an absolute MUST for Abbey drive-bys this time of year)

Ugly picture, cute tiara (but I'll stick with the big ones from now on, I think)

Eeek!

I made a new friend

Then Chernabog made a new friend

Oh wait... NOW it makes more sense, LOL

We made another visit to the zoetrope and I got some Sleeping Beauty pics in the lobby

We don't see enough of these guys... I'd love to see a troupe of them dancing in the parades, wouldn't you?

Since I'm an old person (okay 30, but I feel older sometimes!) I was worn out by 5, so I dropped Cherny off at his hotel, which, as luck would have it, was immediately adjacent to the Fujishige strawberry farm (think future 3rd gate)

Anybody else notice Pixar getting equal billing on the buses?

END (of that day)

More to come!
        Last edited by Morrigoon; 10-14-2007, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Hahaha, fantastic!! The "Got Head?" cracked me up!! LOL

Comment

Wonderful! Love the "Got head?" and "Head" ! Too funny!

Comment

So then I came to the park Friday night. Got a couple great pics off the parking structure roof

Hooked up with a couple nice MCers who were in the park with friends

And guess what we did (after the train ride above)? Small World!

After all, soon it goes down for Holiday, and then we may not see "normal" IASW until 2009!

Can you spot what's missing in this picture?

Cowabunga, little dude! (oops, wrong park!)

Say bye bye postcards!

Clearly, some folks are disturbed at the prospect of losing the postcards. Well... or they're just disturbed

Even the CM's say, "Bye bye postcards!"

And the postcards say "Bye bye" back

No, thank YOU

Comment

No night at DL would truly be complete without a ride on Space, now would it?

And hugs... lots of hugs

Look who we found at the Space Mtn exit! It's Trekkie Dad and his lovely bride.

END (of Friday)

Comment

The heck, you say. No way those are Jack pillow/plushies. Cherny has forsaken Lindsay for this year's celeb he will become on the 31st, Jessica Rabbit.

Please, may we have some more? :beg:
                  "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                  raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

You're not going to believe this, but I ended up going to DL on Saturday too! I know that photographer seemed a bit familiar *hyuck!*

But here was something UNfamiliar... anybody else notice the new map stand by the tunnel? I actually think this is a great idea - guests needing a foreign language map will be less intimidated by being able to walk up to a stand and grab a map rather than having to figure out that they could go to City Hall and then having to ask for one.

After the parade, they briefly opened up the back passageway behind the Main Street stores. It was suggested they probably do this because the parade has show stops along the way, which would block guests from exiting. Considering how soon the passage closed, I'm guessing that's it

END (of Saturday)

Comment

Good morning (or time-before-the-noon-meet), Micechatters! Your host today is SpiderDuck, er.... Daisy

And I come bearing treats!

Back again for more, eh?

Miss Adelaide makes an appearance

And the cutest widdle MCer who ever lived came as well!

Hey [email protected] I saw you at DL

Comment

LUNCHTIME!!!

Italian was on the menu

Yeah, that's exactly what I think when heading to an Italian restaurant... I'm gonna feed my kid Cuban food!

But with lunch out of the way, it was time for the Single Riders Meet (and more CANDY!)

Apparently such a crowd at the wishing well attracts attention. We have a close encounter of the Disney kind

And I get a hug from Dan!

Yo, Charles!

And being as we're such a friendly bunch of people, our new friend from DL Security hung out and chatted a bit (or was it a lineup? We crazy internet people can be one scary bunch, can't you tell?)

Not to worry ma'am, I've got the Single Riders under control...

I don't know, between you and me, I think Charles is plotting something... look at that twinkle in his eye, and the mischievous look on his face!

Comment

Looks fun, wish I could of been there!!

Comment

It's a Small World... even if we're not a small group

Rocking the tiara look

In case you were wondering, Jingles is the "lead" horse on the King Arthur Carousel

Never noticed this before... is it a Florida import? (I mean, clocks... Sleeping Beauty?) Well, they're pretty anyway.

You know, we just can't get enough of the Toy Story Zoetrope, back to DCA we go!

The boys take a moment of silence to remember "The Old Disneyland", followed by the ceremonial spitting on Paul Pressler's stone

Did I mention CANDY CORN!!!! (It's everywhere. Which is cute... for about 5 minutes. But hey, theming in DCA!)

Heimlich make an appearance during the (awful awful) show in front of the hub cap

Yes, kids, they even have candy corn corn...

Comment

Cutest. Kiddo. EVER. Matt Hammand and QuiltLover are lucky to have him!

After the zoetrope, we watched the animation in the lobby for a bit while waiting for our chance to draw Tigger

So what do you think happened next? If you guessed "We drew Tigger", you'd be correct!

Comment

And then it was time for an early dinner at Plaza Inn. Our table had a great view of a great window (is it just me, or are the simpler windows the best ones?)

Yo.

Bert and Mary were very gracious. You could tell they were in a hurry, yet they still went out of their way to create some magical moments before they disappeared

Some of the group had fastpasses for HM. The standby line was so long that we opted to hang out rather than get in line. But hey, hanging out is what we do best!

Actually, it's what he does best

But we're pretty skilled at it too, in our way.

Woo... spooooky!

Fantasmic crew continues to ready the waterfront for the show

What was I saying? Oh yeah, "Woooooo.... spoooooky!"

I really get amused by the silliest things... like the tallest escalator telling you to take the stairs

(To be fair, the other side was operational and moving upward. But it was still funny!)

THE END

No, really.

I mean it this time.

That's it.

Comment

Great pics Morrigoon. Thanks.
                                  Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Comment

Great report! Thanks so much.

Comment

Nice pictures. I was cracking up because in EVERY shot that I was in you got my back! )

Well I guess I won't be as famous as some of you other MC'ers then!

Comment

Great pictures and report. I cannot wait to see the zoetrope in person.
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X