• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Thaddeus Toad Esq
    replied
    Re: Silly background people!!!

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    So..

Back in September, I took my godson to Disneyland for his 2nd birthday. We were looking for places to take pictures and found the teacup.

A lovely couple was sitting in there, probably people watching and waiting for the rest of their party to come back from where ever they were.

Anyway..

I kindly ask them if I could take a picture with my godson in the teacup.

They say sure.

I was thinking that they'd get OUT of the cup to allow us to have a moment for the picture. Instead, they scootch off to the side of the cup and remain there.

Not wanting to cause a scene or be snotty about it, I decided to let it go. Why would I kick someone off just for a picture?? I'm not that mean!

I'm assuming they misunderstood my intention for using the teacup because when they say my mom with the camera they were like "oh.. you're gonna take a picture.. we better hide.."

Hence.. this is the picture..

It's rather amusing. I have to tell people that the couple in the back aren't making out.. they were hiding from the camera.

Which leads to my question..

Do you have any pictures where the people in the background are more interesting than the people or things you are taking a picture of????

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

As a CM, I always find my way into the guests' photos with bunny ears, funny faces, etc..........

It's not same as a guest though.

Leave a comment:

• mariezp
    replied

I don't have one where people joined us but a few years back when we had been waiting in line at Mickey's house for his autograph my DD tried to pose in a photo with some people we did not know. It was pretty funny. We had been watching the movie while waiting our turn. When they opened the door to see Mickey my DD raced in and automatically posed with Mickey when the photographer started taking pictures, without looking behind herself. The people were laughing. When we caught it on video you can hear them saying "She's not with us." Of course, she was just clueless.

Leave a comment:

• scrappydawg
    replied

Cute idea, Giddy!

Leave a comment:

• Duck44
    replied

Before taking this photo, Zoltar snuck up behind me.

Leave a comment:

• mikeland
    replied

Maybe they were waiting for the cup to spin.

Leave a comment:

• bluejake01
    replied

I remember when I was a kid and times were different with the characters. It wasn't un heard of to have several families worth of kids all posing with the characters at the same time...and no one really seemed to mind too much. Now it's all organized and formal for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• sdmom
    replied

You are nice and the people are not clueless, they were lazy and rude or purely selfish.

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

Probably APers.

Leave a comment:

• jane2073
    replied

Once my mom and I were at the MK (back in the mid-eighties). I had a new camera and wanted to take her picture with one of the characters. The first one we saw was the White Rabbit. My mom went up to the WR at the same time as two kids (from two different families). There were no lines, so you just kind of went up when there was no one there. I am trying to tell my mom that there are two other kids in the picture but she said "Just take the picture!"

Months later she is looking through the pictures and came across the WR one. She asked about the two kids and I told her that I tried to tell her at the time. We just laughed and laughed.

So the bottom line is that we have this nice family picture of The WR, my mom and two kids we don't know. They are posing together but obviously looking at different cameras.

Years later my mom and dad went to MK and took a picture of my mom with the WR. He sent me a copy and called it "Alone at last."

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
    Thank Goodness for art packages like Paint Shop Pro. You can digitally remove all offending material. Works a treat on Splash Mountain photos.
    True that, thank goodness for Ride Photo Edit on many rides that has photos to delete any offending behavior.

Leave a comment:

• geoffa
    replied

Thank Goodness for art packages like Paint Shop Pro. You can digitally remove all offending material. Works a treat on Splash Mountain photos.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    So..

Back in September, I took my godson to Disneyland for his 2nd birthday. We were looking for places to take pictures and found the teacup.

A lovely couple was sitting in there, probably people watching and waiting for the rest of their party to come back from where ever they were.

Anyway..

They say sure.

I was thinking that they'd get OUT of the cup to allow us to have a moment for the picture. Instead, they scootch off to the side of the cup and remain there.

Not wanting to cause a scene or be snotty about it, I decided to let it go. Why would I kick someone off just for a picture?? I'm not that mean!

I'm assuming they misunderstood my intention for using the teacup because when they say my mom with the camera they were like "oh.. you're gonna take a picture.. we better hide.."

It's rather amusing. I have to tell people that the couple in the back aren't making out.. they were hiding from the camera.

Do you have any pictures where the people in the background are more interesting than the people or things you are taking a picture of????
    Wow, just WOW!! THAT is funny, hahaha! Talk about "clueless".

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

Some people just don't have a clue...

Last week while in Toon Town, the kids wanted to get a pic of themselves on the Trolley. It was a rare sight to begin with, and they had it parked mid track for photo opportunities. Since it was empty, I thought that it would be a great idea. As they were sitting down and starting to pose for the picture (with me standing there with the camera), and no one else around, this couple and their 3 or 4 year old son just hopped right on up there and start to let the kid play with the steering wheel. Right in front of the kids.

Not to be rude, I just stood by while they had their fun, figuring that they would move on in a few moments. Nope, not them. They decided to take a snack break right there on the Trolley. They even moved over to the bench next to my kids. After a few polite gestures (like asking the kids to smile, straighten up, fix their hair, etc...) the idea just never got through their thick skulls that maybe, just maybe, someone (who were there first) might want to take a nice family photo.

Finally, after the clueless family just wasn't getting it, we decided to leave and go back to it after we visited Mickey at his house. Good idea.

Somehow, I never have a problem calling line cutters out, since they are doing something that is obviously wrong. But in this case, I just didn't have it in me to call these folks out.

I'm sure that they were simply just...Clueless...

LOL

Sweet pic, by the way!

Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

That is a hoot!!!!!!!! Why did they stay? That is too funny!!!! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Um...interesting idea. I'll have to take a closer look at my pictures now and see if there is anything interesting in the backgrounds! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• thejoshualee
    replied

That's awesome!!!
    Most people would throw a fit. You are a nice one I guess. And the photo is all the better for it.

Leave a comment:

• Giddy4Aladdin
    started a topic Silly background people!!!

Silly background people!!!

So..

Anyway..

They say sure.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X