Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm suffering from severe Post DLR depression.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm suffering from severe Post DLR depression.

*sigh*

I loved last week. I wanna go back... I spent 6 days in the park... (TR coming I promise) Now I'm sitting back at my desk and all I can think about is how much I wanna be back walking down Main Street.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Re: I'm suffering from severe Post DLR depression.

So MANY of us suffer from this....very common!! The thing that helps me the most (even if not much!) is to begin planning the next trip...no matter far away...start a countdown, even if the date is "iffy"....we all need a "dream" to focus on....and another trip to DL is one of the best! Hang in there....you are not alone!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
      *sigh*

I loved last week. I wanna go back... I spent 6 days in the park... (TR coming I promise) Now I'm sitting back at my desk and all I can think about is how much I wanna be back walking down Main Street.
      I hear ya!
      "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I get the same way too. Lucky for me I live close enough to go every weekend, though I didn't make it this time because of my Mom's birthday and I'm fighting the urge right now to leave work and go to Disneyland ...

Comment

I know exactly what you're talking about. Going back to school after three fantastic days at Disneyland with your family can be really tough for a fifth grader. Boy, that was not a fun day...

But anyway, I still get the same thing a little bit, all these years later. Best thing for it is to listen to some Disneyland tunes, plan the next trip, and cry a little. You'll feel better soon! Ish!

Comment

I hear you! Not easy at all. Going to Disneyland honestly feels like going home. I will never forget going for the 50th and having the CM at the turnstyle saying "Welcome Home." Needless to say, my wife and I miss it very much when we aren't there.

Originally posted by ssturgeo View Post
            The thing that helps me the most (even if not much!) is to begin planning the next trip...no matter far away...start a countdown, even if the date is "iffy"....we all need a "dream" to focus on....and another trip to DL is one of the best! Hang in there....you are not alone!!
            That's what we do. The day after we leave we are already starting to plan our next trip. They are usually 12 - 18 months apart but we start right away. Picking dates, thinking of what hotel to try next, or what holiday to visit for.

The other thing that keeps us going is the great trip reports you all post. Seeing the park throughout the year as it changes is so wonderful and I'm grateful for all the time you guys put into taking and sharing photos.

Hang in there buddy, you'll be back home soon.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
              *sigh*

ME TOO!! Not having an AP stinks! Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!

Comment

It is profound how the depression hits. But I do discover, I'm more positive after a visit and more willing to put some extra time at home and at work. It's like, "you've had your fun--time for the payback."

Guilt is my life, I guess.

You do gotta look up. I won't be able to get out to either park for some time, so I'm planning some 'micro-trips' in the meanwhile to keep me (distract, maybe) humming along.

Hang in there. We do have the edge because we can talk to people here on the boards who feel exactly like we do. Think of those poor blokes who don't have these boards!

Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

This usually happens to me, but not as soon. The buzz I get from being at the resort for a week seems to hold me over for a good month or two before the DL 'depression' sets in. Unfortunately, I can't go back when I feel like it due to the 3000 miles between me and it. Blah.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X