• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jgooss
    replied
    Re: Anyone Else want to Demo Toon Town?

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    The great thing about Launchpad was that he never allowed constantly crashing to get him down. I think he'd be a great host for a Star Tours-type attraction.
    Sounds like something that should definately go into DCA.

Disney... are you listening?

Leave a comment:

• EmeralineDragon
    replied

Originally posted by Jgooss View Post
    Those are great ideas!!! I certainly miss Ducktales. Launchpad was a reason for me wanting to be a pilot!!! Without all the crashing of course.
    The great thing about Launchpad was that he never allowed constantly crashing to get him down. I think he'd be a great host for a Star Tours-type attraction.

Leave a comment:

• Jgooss
    replied

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    As long as we're dreaming, I want Toon Town to get a Darkwing Duck E-ticket. Flying the Thunderquack* over St. Cannard, villains on all sides, Launchpad possibly crashing us at any moment...yeah, that's the stuff.

*I would also accept racing through the streets of St. Cannard on the Ratcatcher.

Those are great ideas!!! I certainly miss Ducktales. Launchpad was a reason for me wanting to be a pilot!!! Without all the crashing of course.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Demolish? NO!

Fix up! You bettah, you bettah, you bet.

Leave a comment:

• EmeralineDragon
    replied

As long as we're dreaming, I want Toon Town to get a Darkwing Duck E-ticket. Flying the Thunderquack* over St. Cannard, villains on all sides, Launchpad possibly crashing us at any moment...yeah, that's the stuff.

*I would also accept racing through the streets of St. Cannard on the Ratcatcher.

Leave a comment:

• disneysnout
    replied

No Way!

Leave a comment:

• Jgooss
    replied

You guys all bring up great points about Toon Town.

After google earthing the site it is pretty small. But i think there is till room for improvement. Maybe it doesn't need to be completely torn down, but it does need some TLC and something else besides Roger Rabbit to draw people in.

I love the idea of restaurants themed to Toon town. I also love the idea of bringing back some classic cartoons.

Someone also said to plant massive amounts of trees!!! I am 100% in agreement. Lets get that place back and in tip top shape.

Now all we have to do is wait for DCA to be finished and then TL. But after that I think we are in line next. In 2020 be prepared for the new and better Toon Town!

Leave a comment:

• thejoshualee
    replied

I'd like a free demo of toon town.

Seriously, I like the place but I'd like to see, say, Donald's boat and Goofy's house torn down and something worthwhile put in their place.

Leave a comment:

• bloodnswash
    replied

I don't want to see ToonTown demolished. But I would like to see some serious work being done to it.

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied

I love, love, love, love, love the theming of Toontown. It just needs more actual attractions and less McDonald's Playland stuff. Demo Donald's Boat, Chip n' Dale's Treehouse (is there even anything in there anymore?) and Gadgets Go-Coaster and put in some family attractions themed to classic cartoons - ones the whole family can enjoy. (And, in a perfect world, an E-ticked thrill ride, too .)

It isn't just kids who like cartoons - especially the classics.

Leave a comment:

• Hippie
    replied

Originally posted by TwilitWings View Post
    Like most of the other opinions so far--keep Roger Rabbit/re-do the rest. It'd be nice to get an eatery in there (a sit-down "House of Mouse" like the Sci-Fi Diner at WDW, perhaps?).
    It would be so AWESOME to have a restaurant themed after the "Ink and Paint Club". So awesome.

And I have to take back what I said about the quick tunnels. They would be better suited for Fantasyland. Where? Where they have that princess show now. That is a great spot for the quick tunnel ride AND the Beauty and the Beast ride (my dreams)

I like the concept of Toontown, and I like the interactive stuff there, but it just needs some attention. Stuff looks run down, and I am sad to see the bounce house gone (but hated that I was never short enough to use it. I gotta say that the playground they have now was very popular this past weekend with the kids. I was surprised to see so many kids running around and truly having a good time on that.
    And Chip n Dale's tree is so sad now

Leave a comment:

• Quacky4Donald
    replied

I'd like to see some actual money and effort get pumped into the "land" first before making the decision to remove it completely. I originally thought the latter should be done, but after thinking it through more thorougly (sp?) the past few months I think the area could be amazing if some time, imagination, love, and a good chunk of funding got pumped into Mickey's ToonTown.

...Joe...

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Originally posted by The International View Post
    They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons
    No, that is not the story.

The story is that the Toy Story toys are in fact childhood toys. Woody the toy was based on a TV marionette. Computer animation is only used to convey that story. Same with Astro Blasters. Buzz Lightyear isn't a cartoon, he's a space ranger.

In the story of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the characters are actually cartoons, living in both a cartoon world and a real world.

Leave a comment:

• TwilitWings
    replied

They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons, and they were acting in "Toy Story" just as Roger was acting with Baby Herman in the film-within-a-film at the beginning of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."
    They are? Huh, I've never heard that before. I always thought that they were, in fact, animated toys (forgive the unintentional wordplay) and that the whole "Midway Mania" thing was simply an alternate universe--i.e. a child's imagination setting the toys off to a new adventure, although Andy's Room is the "hub" so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• The International
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
    The characters in Midway Mania are toys, not toons.
    They're toons. They look like toys, but they are toons, and they were acting in "Toy Story" just as Roger was acting with Baby Herman in the film-within-a-film at the beginning of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

I don't even think Roger Rabbit is all that great. Been on it twice and still don't think it is worth the wait or the walk over twice to use a fast pass.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Toontown needs a new dark ride. Come to think of it, Midway Mania would've been perfect, but that's not going to happen.
    Midway Mania fits better in Paradise Pier than it does Toontown. Toontown is based on the universe that is inhabited by toons created by Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

The characters in Midway Mania are toys, not toons.

Leave a comment:

• TwilitWings
    replied

Like most of the other opinions so far--keep Roger Rabbit/re-do the rest. It'd be nice to get an eatery in there (a sit-down "House of Mouse" like the Sci-Fi Diner at WDW, perhaps?).

Leave a comment:

• Hippie
    replied

Originally posted by Jgooss View Post
    Not to stop the constant bashing of DCA...
    What does "demo"-ing Toontown have to do with DCA?

What Toontown needs is an indoor/underground (either) rollercoaster based on the quick tunnels in Gummi Bears. Yes yes yes

Leave a comment:

• The International
    replied

Toontown needs a new dark ride. Come to think of it, Midway Mania would've been perfect, but that's not going to happen. I'd also like to see the Jolly Trolley up and running again because it added so much visually to the land but I doubt it's a high priority nowadays.

I really like Toontown. The land itself is themed very well and I love walking around looking at all the architecture and visual gags. Roger Rabbit is a great ride and has one of the best queues in the park (so much so that I often hate to use Fastpass!) and the Coaster is fun but short.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X