This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me- I have lost my mind [Christmas at Disneyland]

I went to disney world last Christmas from December 24th to January 3rd. I am taking the family to Disneyland this Christams from December 27-January 1st. Besides going at the crazy time of the year, I have never been to Disneyland- Can you please help me thorugh the mine field of Christams week at Disneyland resort (does ariving early help as much as at DW, what days is capacity usally reached). I am staying at Orange County Hyatt. Thanking you all in advance.

Re: Help me- I have lost my mind

here is a good thread if you have been to WDW and not DLR

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...0.html?t=30900
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

1. Capacity can be reached every day during that time. So, go early, every day. Stay in the park (Disneyland, that is -- DCA won't have such problems) if you intend to stay for fireworks or Fantasmic!.
      2. 12/31 will be an absolute zoo.
      3. 1/1 won't be as bad.
      4. Do Fantasmic! one night and fireworks another. No need to try to push them both the same night.
      5. Do late shows of Fantasmic! if possible. There can be up to three shows.
      6. Some swear by "RideMax," which is an online site that you pay for advice on how to get through a day with the maximum amount of ride-riding.
      7. One one morning, do all the Fantasyland attractions. Should take about two hours. Peter Pan is a long line, so try that first. (Or, contrarily, do all the others, then get back to PP.)
      8. Do note that you can do everything in five days. And there are very few attractions at DL that are the same as the counterpart in WDW. Splash, and maybe Soarin'. There are lists around here noting similarities and differences. The ones I know:
      a) POTC is longer.
      b) HM at that time will have a Nightmare Before Christmas makeover, and the elevator ride is slightly different.
      c) Space Mountain is one track, not two.
      d) Small World will have a Christmas makeover, and the boats are in channels (water not everywhere).
      e) Castle is smaller, without a restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
        here is a good thread if you have been to WDW and not DLR

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...0.html?t=30900
        Great thread link there.
        Nerdy correction: I believe ABC (parent company at the time Gulf and Western) DID "invest" in Disneyland, as Walt traded air time for a piece of the park. I believe that Walt bought that interest back some time later.

Comment

Great help- please keep it coming

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
            Great thread link there.
            Nerdy correction: I believe ABC (parent company at the time Gulf and Western) DID "invest" in Disneyland, as Walt traded air time for a piece of the park. I believe that Walt bought that interest back some time later.
            I think that was the case as well only I heard It was more that ABC wanted to broadcast the opening of the park so they invested in the park so they could secure the broadcast...

but yeah .. same story..
            All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

OMG. At WDW does it really take 30-60 minutes just to get from your hotel to and from a park on average?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                OMG. At WDW does it really take 30-60 minutes just to get from your hotel to and from a park on average?
                Depending on where you're staying, yes it can take that long. And it depends on the buses and the crowds.
                So, you get up a little earlier, or you wait until that deluge has subsided.

And this is not a problem if you have a goal of doing certain things on a certain day and you get 85% of them completed. It can be a big problem if you have reservations for breakfast at or near a park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X