This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philharmagic or Muppet Vision?

In anticipation that Disney actually pushes forward with the much needed DCA re-do, I am wondering what you all would think of if they replaced Muppet Vision 3D with Mickey's Philharmagic? I have never seen it, but I hear it is a delightful 3D show. Either way DCA still gets another Orlando transplant, but I would much rather see a new breath of life on Hollywood Studios/ Pictures Backlot (whatever it's called) with Philharmagic. Your opinions?

Re: Philharmagic or Muppet Vision?

I neither want Muppet*Vision 3D or Mickey's Philharmagic.

If we must endure yet another 3D film, they ought to give us something new.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Mickey's Philharmagic. I'll gladly pick something Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck over Kermit anyday. Plus, I have seen both shows and have enjoyed Mickey's Philharmagic alot more.
      Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I am a big Muppets fan, loved the show since I was a kid.

But I vote for "Donalds" Philharmagic hands down.

a much much better show.

Comment

Every theme park has to have at least one 3D film (and one simulator on top of that). DCA has two. Enough already. I would like to see another type of attraction in that area.

Comment

I like Philharmagic better, but it would be nice to get a totally new show.
            Kenny the Pirate
            AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
            Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
            Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
            Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Honestly, although I'd LOVE to see Philharmagic someday, I'd choose Muppet Vision. There's so little being done for the Muppets license (Kermit and co.--not the Sesame Street group) it saddens me to see so little being done to keep them relatable to younger groups of people (not that I'm very old myself, mind you). : /

Comment

I am a bigger fan of Muppet*Vision 3D.

I am curious as to how Mickey's PhilharMagic will be pulled off in the Muppet Theater. Mickey's PhilharMagic uses a much wider screen. My experience is only from Florida, but the theaters do not seem to have much in common aside from screen and animatronic in the rear of the theater.

Comment

I love both shows but Philharmagic was so amazing I'd love to see it at DCA or anywhere in Disneyland.

Comment

I really like Muppets, leave the theater and show.
                    Just ADD Mickey's Philharmagic ~ AREN"T THEY SUPPOSE
                    TO BE EXPANDING DCA?????? Don't take away one of the
                    best themed attractions in DCA ~ Build a new building for
                    MP.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The Millionaire building sits vacant and they plan on taking away Muppets. Odd choice.

Comment

Philharmagic hands down, that was one of the few things I really liked in WDW. I would like the Muppet Vision much more if it were not for that stupid little gadget thing. If it were more just muppets it would be a lot better.

Comment

I'd much rather see Philharmagic if I had to choose between the two. Muppets just aren't Disney to me.
                          <o>

Comment

After visiting WDW, that was the only attraction I really wished we had here on the west coast. So I vote yay!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Comment

Being that I have never seen Philharmagic I would have to say Muppet Vision. I would hate getting Philharmagic and then I think its a piece of garbage.

Comment

Philharmagic is such a better experience then Muppets. It has allot of effects that make you feel more part of the film then anything. I hope they bring this incredible 3D show to DCA soon!
                                Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                  Being that I have never seen Philharmagic I would have to say Muppet Vision. I would hate getting Philharmagic and then I think its a piece of garbage.
                                  I think most people agree that Mickey's PhilharMagic is very well done and quite enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                    Both shows are quite enjoyable.

I believe the real issue isn't with which show is better or more enjoyable, but the fact that ANY show or film attraction at Disneyland has a very short shelf life compared to WDW. This is due to the large amount of repeat guests - APs, locals, etc.

Considering Disneyland prides themselves on "originality" and creative history, Muppet*Vision is the last thing that Jim Henson worked on. This film is over 16 years old, but it's originally located in what was supposed to become a "Muppet Studios" area of the Disney-MGM Studios. Sadly, after Mr. Henson's death the plans fell through. However, the attraction still remains over 16 years later in nearly its original state. And soon the film will be updated to digital projection.

And as enjoyable as it is, Philhar originally opened in 2003. This film is now four years old. I can see it being placed in the Disneyland Resort, but when? Muppets went there when it was 10 years old. So will they do the same with Philhar? And if so, how long will you enjoy it until you want something new?

Comment

I like the idea of Philharmagic since it screams Disney characters my family had nothing but great reviews from seeing it in Fla. A bit of Disney magic is needed at DCA. But I also agree that the Muppets are under used , disney has got one of the most classic outside of Disney / Pixar properties around and at times I have wondered why did they go thru the expense to obtain the Muppets without using them and promoting them? It seems to me on the backlot at DCA there should be room for both shows , Millionaire building ...shows really could dominiate the backlot. All three major buildings or four if you count the beloved anaimation building could be a tribute to the arts.The Muppets, the philharmaigic in the Millionaire building, ALadin of whatever disney show of the time in the Hypernion theater, ect...throw in a couple of good themed rides like tot and where goog to go. Its not always about the rides the shows are an excellent experience and what better area than the backlot.

Comment

I would rather see something new, but I would pick Philharmagic over Muppets.
                                        sigpic
                                        Home away from Home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X