This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA announcement NOT HAPPENING!

According to a reliable source, there will be no DCA announcements Wednesday. I don't know what happened but one rumor is that Disney noticed that Al Lutz spilled the beans and there intentionally not going to do it now out of spite.

Re: DCA announcement NOT HAPPENING!

How trivial on Disney's part. If that's the truth.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
      How trivial on Disney's part.
      Not really- Al posted a rumor, a small number of people here believe every-single word out of his mouth (no idea why though). Maybe something will happen on Wednesday, maybe it won't... no one knows except Disney.
      -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
        Not really- Al posted a rumor, a small number of people here believe every-single word out of his mouth. No idea why.

Disney doesn't care. Maybe something will happen on Wednesday, maybe it won't... no one knows except Disney.
        Sorry, I edited my post to say that if the rumor is true, that is trivial.
        -Jack :geek:
        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Too bad, cuz the other 20 million die hard fans might not find out.

Comment

Why did you have to spill the beans Lutz!!!!! I would have preferred to have been surprised on Wednesday. Ughh... I hope this isn't true. Say it ain't soo!

Comment

http://www.forumspile.com/No-Darth_Vader.jpg
              Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-15-2007, 11:06 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.
              sigpic
              Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
                Not really- Al posted a rumor, a small number of people here believe every-single word out of his mouth (no idea why though). Maybe something will happen on Wednesday, maybe it won't... no one knows except Disney.
                Darkbeer posted about this first and has a link to another website where the news about the announcement not happening was posted. So it does not have to do with MiceChat worship of Al.

Comment

Some how I doubt very much that Disney would change their plans just because of an internet leak.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    Darkbeer posted about this first and has a link to another website where the news about the announcement not happening was posted. So it does not have to do with MiceChat worship of Al.
                    LOL! It's the same group of Disney-fans that post everywhere. Then they quote everyone and their mom and act like it was official.

Fun reading though.
                    -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Goin2DL View Post
                      Some how I doubt very much that Disney would change their plans just because of an internet leak.
                      Bingo! I think to many people give Al more power than he actually has. Don't get me wrong... I love Al...I've met Al... but just because someone leaks info on a fan website doesn't mean that a multi billion dollar corporation is going to change the way it does business or will change its already layed out plans.

And even if they did delay the announcement because of it (which would be so jr highish) that in no way means that the plans themselves won't go ahead as scheduled. The plans are set, the money released, timelines drawn up... official announcement from Disney or not, the show will go on.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by Goin2DL View Post
                        Well, according to Al's last update, they do make changes based on what we say on the internet....
                        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Sorry... but who cares if they make an official announcement or not... I would rather see action, dedication, imagination, and actual theme then hear a well written rehearsed speech about what they plan to do before they cut the budget.

Also do not underestimate the power of the internet, and these boards. I can cite examples, including the posts of several Thunder CM's, that brought specific details to light for DOSH. People read these boards, even if they do not post, and what they read can easily be emailed to others.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Que Sera, Sera

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                              Sorry... but who cares if they make an official announcement or not... I would rather see action, dedication, imagination, and actual theme then hear a well written rehearsed speech about what they plan to do before they cut the budget.
                              But I wanna hear how amazing the Year of a Million Dreams is for doing all this new dreaming in dreamy California! I also want to see dancing and confetti!

I think it is more that since the Disney Decade the official announcements have usually come after work has begun. To make a big speculative announcement, a la the Disney Decade ones, would be too large of a step, but one right before action would be wonderful news for Disney geeks across the globe to chew on.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X