This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: finding love at disneyland

sub_voyage_fan I am in the same boat as you are. I keep getting turned down and I'm not sure why. But I am confident that I will find a girlfriend at disneyland. I think it's the best place to start looking. I believe that once you buy them a churro and a pair of mickey ears, you pretty much have it in the bag.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not looking. But MiceChat meets would be a good place to start. At least you know you have something in common.

Comment

Can't personally speak to the last 20 years or so...but in the old days...Disneyland was a great and locally rather well-known spot to "pick up" girls. Thanks in part to the General Admission ticket that locals loved and which only cost a few bucks.

In the 1960's and 1970's...Tomorrowland was a huge teen hang-out, especially at night. There was lots of entertainment and dancing and once you connected with someone, it was a short stroll to Disneyland's own "Tunnel of Love"...Adventure Thru Inner Space!

The Skyway was another popular attraction for getting to know one another.

Another popular thing back then was something that was known as "Line Chumming." This took place in any number of long switch-back queues where you passed the same people over and over again as you went forward and back in the long lines. You saw someone you liked coming toward you and said "Hi." Then in a few minutes you saw them again and said something else and perhaps had time to chat as the line stalled briefly. By the 3rd pass you were usually set and had someone nice to sit in your lap and hug on the Matterhorn.

I often advised my friends who were having trouble getting to first base with a girl...to take them on the Mark Twain at night. Not only was it romantic...but there was nothing else to see or do but make out!

I also felt back then that Disneyland provided "easy pickings" for young gals from out-of-state that were overly excited about visiting California for the first time and were looking for a little adventure. And you didn't need Adventureland to help you out in that regards.

Yep...many a short and long-term relationship was had at The Happiest Place on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
          Go to meets, go to events, and go with the intent of having fun, not of finding someone.
          That's been my philosophy. Wish me luck! I really wish I could make it to more of the single rider meets.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
            But a few months ago , I witnessed two Micechatters who had just met falling in love!:love:
            :blush: :wave:

It can happen.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Yeah. Back when I was a teenager we called the Haunted Mansion the Mack Shack. Maybe kids today still call it that. There was a lot of anonymous making out on Friday nights.
              Now, I REALLY want to work the Haunted Mansion! :lol:

Don't try. Girls can tell when you're trying and it doesn't really do it for them, in general. It took me a long time to figure this out. Just go to the park and have fun. Go to meets, go to events, and go with the intent of having fun, not of finding someone. Eventually these things just happen. I don't think you can force it.
              That's what I do, I go to the park to have fun, not pick up girls. If I do flirt with a girl, so be it!

Originally posted by fantoongal View Post
              i met and fell in love with my husband at disneyland.....

of course we were working....not guests
              There was a rule that the CMs have, the three D's: Don't Date Disney!

We gotta all remember: DISNEY IS A FAMILY PARK, NOT A PARK TO CREAT A FAMILY!!

Comment

Originally posted by startours1 View Post
                sub_voyage_fan I am in the same boat as you are. I keep getting turned down and I'm not sure why. But I am confident that I will find a girlfriend at disneyland. I think it's the best place to start looking. I believe that once you buy them a churro and a pair of mickey ears, you pretty much have it in the bag.

its funny that so many people are in the same situation. everytime i go to the park i secretly hope that i'll meet someone and occasionally a conversation will start in a line or waiting for a parade but nothing that lasts past that wait. i'm hoping to one day find a boyfriend at disneyland... and why not? you'd always have something to talk about and a fallback date plan haha!
                Katie :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                  Another popular thing back then was something that was known as "Line Chumming." This took place in any number of long switch-back queues where you passed the same people over and over again as you went forward and back in the long lines. You saw someone you liked coming toward you and said "Hi." Then in a few minutes you saw them again and said something else and perhaps had time to chat as the line stalled briefly. By the 3rd pass you were usually set and had someone nice to sit in your lap and hug on the Matterhorn.
                  This happened to me one time, but it was the Log Ride at Knott's!

Comment

I had sorta a situation: I was waiting for the fireworks to start, 2 hours or so. I was chatting up with this family from Sacramento. They had this beautiful daughter, around 20s, I guess. I talked and talked with until the fireworks started. After the fireworks, they were heading to see Fantasmic!, I told them I already found a spot, my secret viewing spot and they can find me there if they needed to. Later on, they found me, and the daughter and mother, I believed joined me there. We talked a little until the show started and after the show, I never saw them again.

Comment

I highly recommend to those who are hoping to find someone at Disneyland to just start going to MiceChat meets, especially single rider ones. The important thing is to not be so obsessed with meeting someone that you forget to have fun with the people around you and you never know, one of those people may be someone you have a lot in common with and you start hanging out or calling one another up to meet at Disneyland. As someone who met the love of their life at Disneyland because of a MiceChat meet, I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about, but even still, it took over a month from the day we met at DL to the day we started dating. With a lot of calling one another up to meet at the park to hang out in between.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                        When I was seventeen I met this crazy girl in line for Indiana Jones. She just kept talking to me then we rode together (I sort of ditched my family) then we rode the Haunted Mansion and we started to make out.

Then she tried to "go further" and I stopped her... then she started to cry and begged me to forgive her. I tried to say something but then she said something about not loving herself very much and she always tries to substitute that with what she can get from guys. I told her that she was pretty and she started crying again....
                        Dude... thats nuts! Thats the kind of chick the will go Fatal Attraction on you. Watch your back!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldDuckFan View Post
                          Dude... thats nuts! Thats the kind of chick the will go Fatal Attraction on you. Watch your back!!
                          I do. every day. It's been ten years now and I'm married (to a girl I met at Disney World), but I know she's just waiting to pounce.
                          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                            :blush: :wave:

It can happen.

Love has changed you. You don't call or hang out with the bro's anymore.

Whatev
                            Originally posted by Grumpee
                            I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=EgQHfGIZ5QE

Comment

I thought I found love at Disneyland once...

Turns out I had indigestion from one too many turkey legs.

Seriously though man, just go out and have fun with people. You never know if someone you meet isn't for you they may have a friend who is. If you focus too much on meeting someone and "falling in love", then you'll miss out on all the other fun you could be having. I did that for a long time, and it wasn't until I stopped that I met a great girl. If you're still in High School, just wait till you get to college....girls all over the place. And if that doesn't work for you, just get a job working at Disneyland. Cause it's like we used to say

If you can't get a date working at Disneyland....you can't get a date.
                                :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

I met my last long-term boyfriend at the DLR...he was working at Tower and was flirting very obviously with me. I thought he was totally adorable so I went on again at the end of the night to see him, and I did! I gave him my number and he called a few days later (ugh, boys and those stupid rules). We dated for four months before ending it, but a year later we're still really close.
                                  And for me right now...well....let's just say the fireworks can make for some pretty magically perfect moments with someone you care about :blush:
                                  dreams. come. true.

Comment

Well... at Gradnight my senior year my best friend kissed me during the fireworks and confessed his love... I unfortunately didn't feel the same way... and felt horrible about it because it would have been a terribly romantic story... three years later we are still close and he has the lovliest girlfriend ever...
                                    <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                                      Love has changed you. You don't call or hang out with the bro's anymore.

Whatev
                                      Actually, blame that more on work. I have to start heading back to random threads, I know.
                                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                                        But a few months ago , I witnessed two Micechatters who had just met falling in love!:love:
                                        I resemble that remark :love:

And it's true... you can go to DL with nothing but friendship on your mind and end up finding out he's really your soulmate.
                                        anything's possible.
                                        Good luck and yes, try the single rider meets!
                                        Good morning, son
                                        In twenty years from now
                                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                        It was pain
                                        Sunny days and rain
                                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

lol

I think I might be a bit young for looking for love right now. IMO having a date at DL or WDW would take away from the exploring I'd like to do when I'm in the parks.

Course I'm only 14 and the ADD kid of the class. :whistling

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
                                          Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                                          So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
                                          Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X