X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip to the DLR

Hey Everyone...

I just had a great trip to Disney.

I arrived in Anaheim Wednesday, checked into the hotel, and made a quick stop in the park to buy an attraction poster at the Disneyana Shop.

I then had to get in my car and fight traffic to pick up my friend at LAX.

We had dinner at the Block of Orange... probably should have just gone to Downtown Disney, but I wanted to try something different, and I am not a big fan of the restaurants at DD. But then again Dave and Busters wasn't very good.

Thursday, we woke up early and walked to the esplanade, arrived at 9:15 and the lines were already backed up to DCA.

It was so crowded, DCA opened at 9:30... so we walked on Soaring and Screamin.

Then we had to run to make our reservation at Cafe Orleans. We shared an order of Pomme Frites (yumm, my first experience) and we each had the Monte Cristo (double yumm).

We enjoyed the rest of our day, but the matterhorn shut down just when we got near the front of the queue. We waited 45 minutes while they reset the ride.

The park hours were extended until 9 because of the large crowds, but we were both tired and left after the Parade of Dreams.

On Monday, I had to brave the I-5 disaster to get my friend from Bakersfield to LAX. All lanes were open and I breezed to L.A. Since I was upset my mini-vacation was over, I made the trek to Disney for a brief visit. I had a waffle cone at Burrr-Bank Ice Cream, and I bought some pins, and went on a few rides as I waited for traffic on the 5 to thin out.

The weather was not good yesterday... overcast and cold... made me yearn for the summer... and yearn for Wednesday and Thursday when the weather was as perfect as could be.

Just some observations from my trip.

DCA--a) I found Candy Corn Acres to be extremely tacky. And the show they have there, extremely annoying--It looked and sounded like something you would see at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. And that is NOT a good thing.

b) That never-ending loop of "The Candy Man" music in that area of the park, took away from my overall experience because I love the music that usually plays there. Its not that I can't handle the change, its just that the version of the song they chose is so bad you want to race away from that area of the park as fast as you can.

c) Why in the world are the Block Party Bash banners being left to wither away in the breeze. If I am not mistaken, that parade is history at DCA.... so why are the banners still up... faded and tattered?

d) the sun wheel was the most terrifying 8 minutes of my life.

Disneyland-a) I loved the autumn colors around the park. So much better in DL than at DCA. I guess this is typical though.

b) Cafe Oreleans was fun--especially sitting outside on a gorgeous so cal day.

c)Haunted Mansion Holiday was OK. I am not a huge fan of Nightmare B/f Christmas so maybe I didn't appreciate it.

Overall--as someone who has been a fan of DCA normally, I didn't feel much love for the park this time around. Thats how much I hated Candy Corn Acres.

What ever happened to the off season? It seemed the crowds were larger than a weekday in July.

And finally... after this visit I realize there is nothing better than Disneyland in the Summer.

All in all a great trip... but DCA is rapidly losing favor in my book.

Re: My Trip to the DLR

I'm glad to hear you had a great time. Mmmmm, Monte Cristos...

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
      If I am not mistaken, that parade is history at DCA.... so why are the banners still up... faded and tattered?

You are mistaken. It's still playing in the park in it's final weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
        Then I stand corrected. I didnt see it on the program sheet, must be a weekend only thing. They should still get rid of those banners and replace with HSM.

Comment

Curious? How many times have you been to silver dollar city- the production budget for "headin west" would rival smaller disney stage shows.

Comment

Then I stand corrected. I didnt see it on the program sheet, must be a weekend only thing. They should still get rid of those banners and replace with HSM.
            I do not believe it is playing mon - thurs especially with the shortened hours due to the Halloween Treat thing, but is it still around Fri and weekends.

Last week was fall break for several school districts around the country (I believe Utah, Arizona and including mine in Santa Clarita), which contributed to the large crowds. Thursday was especially bad it seemed. Glad you had a nice trip!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
              Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
              I do not believe it is playing mon - thurs especially with the shortened hours due to the Halloween Treat thing, but is it still around Fri and weekends.

Last week was fall break for several school districts around the country (I believe Utah, Arizona and including mine in Santa Clarita), which contributed to the large crowds. Thursday was especially bad it seemed. Glad you had a nice trip!
              Disneyland.com's calendar shows that they will still be running it on Friday December 7th. Out of the three days my family and I will be there, (Wed, Thurs, Fri) that is the only day they are having it.
              Christina

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post

My friend from Kansas came out because of Fall Break as well. I never had a fall break in High School in San Francisco or at USC... I feel short changed. Its a shame they didn't have longer park hours since it was overwhelmingly crowded.

Comment

[quote=GoldenBoySC99;2243903]And finally... after this visit I realize there is nothing better than Disneyland in the Summer.
                  quote]

You said it dude! Disneyland is always crowded to me, so summer crowds are part of it! Go as a single rider on the rides that have them, use fast pass on others, and wait til after dinner time (when it's kid's bedtime) to ride the longer line rides and you're fine!

LOVE the summer!
                  :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X