• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Official -- DCA Accouncement on WSJ Online

Originally posted by Chris Lang View Post
    I gotta say it's a poorly written article.... Even for WSJ

For those interested, here's a link:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1192...googlenews_wsj

(From the way it was written, I was positive it was fake. I guess I was wrong)
    You sure like calling people's bluff, don't you? Remember my FNSV prank?

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
      You sure like calling people's bluff, don't you? Remember my FNSV prank?
      It's always odd when a new user joins any discussion board quotes an article but doesn't give a link. Forgive me for not drinking the koolaid.
      Visions Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lang View Post
        It's always odd when a new user joins any discussion board quotes an article but doesn't give a link. Forgive me for not drinking the koolaid.
        Nah, it's alright. I was suspicious too actually, but I did a quick search and I found two other articles which were shorter but are announcing the same thing.

Not to mention Al (who despite the naysayers might just be reliable after all ) links to the WSJ article in his editor note.

We can say confidently that the truth is now out there.
        Last edited by 2DieFR; 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
          So Al was right...
          yep! Kinda makes me want to tell a few people on
          other boards to eat Al's shorts. . . . .

But I wouldn't want to have Al go without shorts.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I am sorry but how does this article make it official. The article has many innacuracies and most of the information she gave is heresay.

She clearly makes it apoint to say constantly "A person in the Know". If it was anything official the information would clearly say that the information is coming from the Walt Disney Company. Even the quotes from Jay Rasulo are old.

Is Al wrong --- NO
            Is the expansion and investment coming -- Yes

but not until the Walt Disney company releases a statement is it Official

Comment

I hope they ditch Mulholland Madness completely rather than just retheming it. I'm surprised they aren't considering putting in Crush's Coaster since it fits in with the sea-side theme of the pier. Although I would prefer a fixed turtle shell rather than having it spin.:yuck:

I still would like to see a new version of The Great Movie Ride going into Hollywood Pictures Backlot, One that is strictly themed to Disney movies.

I think the Tortilla factory and the bakery should eventually be scrapped and put some dark rides in their place.

I wonder if we'll see a WALL-E attraction in the future?

Comment

Al tends to have fairly accurate information (I'd say 90-95%, based on several years of reading his articles)...a lot of people just don't want to give him credit because of his-er-writing style

They need to lay off of the Pixar. I didn't find Cars to be all that classic...in fact, it was the one Pixar film that kinda disappointed me.

Indiana-Jones-style? I thought it was going to be like Test Track...

Disney needs to just stop, sit down and decide what their themes are...then work on adding in new attractions.

Cars can work in it's current theme, as a huge part of California is driving after all...I just hope that the story from the film doesn't overtake the attraction.

And yes, I know people are complaining about the appropriateness of The Little Mermaid, but I think it could work if they work with the theme well enough. Yeah yeah, the story is Danish...do they ever clarify that in the film? Nope.

We need non-film-based attractions! That doesn't make them automatically great, but there's just no...creativity, like the girl said. No imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                  Disney needs to just stop, sit down and decide what their themes are...then work on adding in new attractions.
                  Even if DCA turns out to be a hodgepodge of different ideas, which is kinda what it is now anyway, it'll still, hopefully, be much improved after this massive upgrade.

Sure, it won't be like TDS where every attraction contributes to the overall theme of the park and where little feels out of place, if anything.

Hopefully after fixing DCA they'll start work on a 3rd gate that was planned correctly right from the start.
                  Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                  That doesn't make them automatically great, but there's just no...creativity, like the girl said. No imagination.
                  That quote probably stuck out to me the most and if you could pinpoint one thing wrong with DCA, that's it.

Comment

Did you read Wednesday's LA Times article, that just went up?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...la-home-center

Rob Doughty, a Disneyland spokesman, declined to comment on the plans. Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger is scheduled to appear today at a news conference to provide details.
                    It is happening, and being officially announced...

And why, check the LA Times article, the Anaheim elections have a MAJOR part of why it is being announced NOW....
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Disney Chief Executive Bob Iger is scheduled to appear today at a news conference to provide details.
                      There you have it...

Thanks for the info Darkbeer.

Now, how about some concept art Bobby!?

The Preview Center would be a nice addition and could even help create the excitement needed to help "persuade" voters.

Will Disney announce the new hotels for the Anaheim Gardenwalk yet? Or is that their Ace card?
                      "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                        That doesn't make them automatically great, but there's just no...creativity, like the girl said. No imagination.

That quote probably stuck out to me the most and if you could pinpoint one thing wrong with DCA, that's it.
                        And out of ALL of DCA, Paradise Pier is the most unimaginative. It's the part
                        of DCA that that girl said "You can find anywhere"

LA Times mentioned that Disney is trying to give DCA a HEART.
                        And that DCA was the Brainchild of Michael Eisner. That would make
                        DCA BRAINLESS, I suppose. And obviously no one had the COURAGE
                        to stand up to Pressler and Eisner during the conception and birth of
                        this built on the cheap park. All the meantime Guests have been
                        Clicking their Ruby Slipper Heels together saying "There's No Place
                        Like Disneyland, There's no place like Disneyland, There's no place
                        Like Disneyland! Thanks goodness the Wicked Witches of the
                        East and West, Eisner and Pressler are "Dead", But now comes just
                        the beginning of the Billions that are needed for the clean up and
                        aftermath of these Wicked Witches. Of course DL is also trying to
                        clean up the destruction wrought upon Tomorrowland in 1998, as
                        well as the HR and salary problems the 1st began with Eisner and
                        Pressler.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          It is happening, and being officially announced...

And why, check the LA Times article, the Anaheim elections have a MAJOR part of why it is being announced NOW....
                          Obviously that Lutz guy mentioned in the article isn't a DoM...:whistling

Comment

wow is the right word lol.

Comment

So is YAY! :yea:

Comment

yay lol.

Comment

Anyone want to bet the new park will be called

Walt Disneys Adventure park?

Entry and hollywood backlot will combine and themed to a Hollywood of the 1930's. Something Disney would have seen.

Grizzly is themed toward Disneys love of nature and the Nature Wonderland shows. Maybe the Grizzly Soarin area will be renamed to Natures Wonderland

Pier area is a themed area to a period when Walt use to take his daughters too amusment parks this time done with the Imagineering touch

Bugs and Carsland become the new Disney Future area with Pixar related attractions

Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Brisal73 View Post
                                    Anyone want to bet the new park will be called

Walt Disneys Adventure park?

Entry and hollywood backlot will combine and themed to a Hollywood of the 1930's. Something Disney would have seen.

Grizzly is themed toward Disneys love of nature and the Nature Wonderland shows. Maybe the Grizzly Soarin area will be renamed to Natures Wonderland

Pier area is a themed area to a period when Walt use to take his daughters too amusment parks this time done with the Imagineering touch

Bugs and Carsland become the new Disney Future area with Pixar related attractions

Just a thought
                                    Thoughts and theories that were the subject of an older Jim Hill article...
                                    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

I have always considered DCA to be the Bizarro version of Disneyland: a cold, empty, lifeless clone. Disneyland is warm and alive. Walt's personal touch can be felt almost anywhere. DCA has always had the feel of being at the mall. Everything is off-the-shelf, paint-by-numbers. It feels rushed and incomplete. Let's hope they really do take the time to imagineer the park the way it should have been from the very beginning, lest we end up like this again:

(in case it went over your head, putting lipstick on a pig doesnt make it any more beautiful.)

Comment

Tony Baxter's Little Mermaid dark ride lives!!!!!

Tokyo Disneysea level environment themeing is coming!!!

Cars e-ticket will be on the scale of the Indiana Jones adventure or better!!!

DCA 2.0 = TRUE SECOND GATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                                          Tokyo Disneysea level environment themeing is coming!!!
                                          Hey, not so fast there...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X