Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
    But the Caboose is left the way that Walt's wife left it.
    I always thought it was weird that Walt's wife had a special caboose. You wouldn't think he'd put her at the end of the train. And while it's fun to ride, I wonder if Walt would be okay with so many strangers riding it.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
      I am amazed with all the wood in the caboose.

Great photo
      I think that's my favorite shot. The plaid is obviously enjoying herself. I would, too, getting such a cushy ride, day after day!
      Words hurt.

Comment

Very nice shots of the station. Thanks for sharing.
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

I love riding the DLRR but I hate the smell in the "Grand Canyon/Primevil world". Did the caboose have enough ventilation? Or was it musty like the cave past tomorrowland?

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
            I always thought it was weird that Walt's wife had a special caboose. You wouldn't think he'd put her at the end of the train. And while it's fun to ride, I wonder if Walt would be okay with so many strangers riding it.
            I think after awhile, he must have gotten used to the all the people in and out of her caboose.

Comment

the way it was explained to us was the she wanted a nice and comfortable way of showing guests around Disneyland because Walt was always walking them around. Something like that.

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              I love riding the DLRR but I hate the smell in the "Grand Canyon/Primevil world". Did the caboose have enough ventilation? Or was it musty like the cave past tomorrowland?

I don't remember smelling anything .. the windows were open in the caboose though. The smell still might come in.
              All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                Awwwwwwwwwwwww.............. lucky!!! I am so envious!!! Great report though!
                I know how you feel.

My mouth dropped when I saw that caboose.
                that photo is neat cause you can see the masses behind the plaid waiting to jump in that caboose.
                Originally posted by Grumpee
                I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                  I think after awhile, he must have gotten used to the all the people in and out of her caboose.
                  There are so many people who would have loved a go...he could have made so much money if he'd just charged for a ride on her caboose.
                  Words hurt.

Comment

I don't remember smelling anything .. the windows were open in the caboose though. The smell still might come in.

Thanks Jun.

There have been threads here talking about the smells of Disneyland. I relate with the scents there as much as anything. I remember the smell of Club 33 on that tour. Now I'm hoping to ride the Lily Belle. I'm sure you appreciate being able to get on that Disney Treasure.

Comment

There are so many people who would have loved a go...he could have made so much money if he'd just charged for a ride on her caboose.

The Lily Belle was very special to Walt. If I remember correctly he only let a selected few ride her. Near his death I don't think he got to ride the Lily Belle very often.

Comment

True. Walt was a giver, though; he understood the appreciation some have for a good caboose--and just think of the thousands of appreciative fans who have already been touched by her caboose. Walt was the man.

Comment

Is the caboose handicap friendly? For those who can't get up easily?

Comment

Thanks Jun.

There have been threads here talking about the smells of Disneyland. I relate with the scents there as much as anything. I remember the smell of Club 33 on that tour. Now I'm hoping to ride the Lily Belle. I'm sure you appreciate being able to get on that Disney Treasure.

I do... I consider myself very lucky to ride on that piece of history.
                            All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Is the caboose handicap friendly? For those who can't get up easily?
                              If I remember correctly, it was made well before the ADA went into effect. Sad to think some people won't be able to ride it, but in order to keep it like it was intended to be ridden, I say don't tamper with it.

Cool to think it's just as it was back in the old days. Showing a little wear perhaps, but still a great ride.

Comment

I do... I consider myself very lucky to ride on that piece of history.

I think the next time I do the tour I'll make sure i'll be able to get on the Lily Belle. Even better, I'll try and ride her outside of the tour. More intimate and I won't have to shell out the $50 to ride her!

Comment

I think the next time I do the tour I'll make sure i'll be able to get on the Lily Belle. Even better, I'll try and ride her outside of the tour. More intimate and I won't have to shell out the $50 to ride her!
                                  Don't cheapen the experience. In my opinion, Junthor rode that caboose properly....under supervision. That caboose would get torn up if anybody and everybody could ride it.

Comment

Nice photos. I love the photo of the Flower arrengment in front of the park. I think that maybe the best part for me. I had two questions:
                                    1. What is a Monte Cristo?
                                    2. We have a 7 and a 9 year old are they too young for the tour?
                                    Dave

Comment

Don't cheapen the experience. In my opinion, Junthor rode that caboose properly....under supervision. That caboose would get torn up if anybody and everybody could ride it.
                                      There is always someone watching or I could imagine what might happen. I think you only go once around the park. Considering all of the tunnels and dark spots I wonder if that's enough time to properly get your fill. Either way, it'd be one hell of a ride.

I'd like to hear from a CM that keeps an eye on it. I'd wonder how many people who get that privilage actually know they are on a bonefide piece of history. It brings a warm feeling thinking of Uncle Walt looking down and really smiling seeing people riding what he cherished so much when he was alive. I also heard Walt rode it quite a bit and Lillian loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
                                        Nice photos. I love the photo of the Flower arrengment in front of the park. I think that maybe the best part for me. I had two questions:
                                        1. What is a Monte Cristo?
                                        2. We have a 7 and a 9 year old are they too young for the tour?

1. Monte Cristo = Heaven. Deep fried Ham, turkey & swiss dusted with powdered sugar and you can dip in blackberry jam. Sounds odd, gotta try it.

2. I wouldn't bring kids that young, but I don't think there is a requirement.

Comment

There is always someone watching or I could imagine what might happen. I think you only go once around the park. Considering all of the tunnels and dark spots I wonder if that's enough time to properly get your fill. Either way, it'd be one hell of a ride.

I'd like to hear from a CM that keeps an eye on it. I'd wonder how many people who get that privilage actually know they are on a bonefide piece of history. It brings a warm feeling thinking of Uncle Walt looking down and really smiling seeing people riding what he cherished so much when he was alive. I also heard Walt rode it quite a bit and Lillian loved it.
                                          Amen.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X