Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    There is always someone watching or I could imagine what might happen. I think you only go once around the park. Considering all of the tunnels and dark spots I wonder if that's enough time to properly get your fill. Either way, it'd be one hell of a ride.

I'd like to hear from a CM that keeps an eye on it. I'd wonder how many people who get that privilage actually know they are on a bonefide piece of history. It brings a warm feeling thinking of Uncle Walt looking down and really smiling seeing people riding what he cherished so much when he was alive. I also heard Walt rode it quite a bit and Lillian loved it.
    If I was a CM, I would request 'Caboose Duty.' I'm sure it would be hard to get in that position but once there you have the joy of watching others experience the caboose. That's a job with benefits!
    Originally posted by Grumpee
    I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
      Nice photos. I love the photo of the Flower arrengment in front of the park. I think that maybe the best part for me. I had two questions:
      1. What is a Monte Cristo?
      2. We have a 7 and a 9 year old are they too young for the tour?
      1. As aashee already said.. Heaven....

wikipedia has a good link about it but with an ugly picture IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo

2. You could.... But they might be a bit bored. This is primarily an information tour (although we got to ride the Jungle Cruise and Watch the Enchanted Tiki Room)

It lasts 3 hours or so and you do pay full price for kids... ($59)
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
        1. As aashee already said.. Heaven....

wikipedia has a good link about it but with an ugly picture IMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo

2. You could.... But they might be a bit bored. This is primarily an information tour (although we got to ride the Jungle Cruise and Watch the Enchanted Tiki Room)

It lasts 3 hours or so and you do pay full price for kids... ($59)
        How does this caboose compare to others? I, unfortunately, have not had the privledge.
        It sounds(and looks) really nice. Is this typical in a caboose?

please excuse my stupidity on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
          How does this caboose compare to others? I, unfortunately, have not had the privledge.

Though I also have not had this specific experience, I hear that coming early is a pre-requisite.

Comment

It'd be cool to be a CM on the Lily Belle but I'm sure it would get boring really fast. And imagine being in the caboose in the summer. All hot and sticky and watching it for a full shift. Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              Though I also have not had this specific experience, I hear that coming early is a pre-requisite for riding.

Honestly, I'd wait over an hour to ride that beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                Though I also have not had this specific experience, I hear that coming early is a pre-requisite.
                My cousin came too early so they told him to be patient and return later. He did only to find a packed tour.

Never underestimate the drawing power of the caboose.....and you're still not guaranteed a ride.

Comment

My cousin came too early so they told him to be patient and return later. He did only to find a packed tour.

Never underestimate the drawing power of the caboose.....and you're still not guaranteed a ride.

That would make me sick. Watching people get on and off and then not being able to ride it yourself. Cruel Hoax I'd say! A tease to boot!

Comment

I've never been in any other caboose so I couldn't be able to tell you.. sorry.
                    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

It'd be cool to be a CM on the Lily Belle but I'm sure it would get boring really fast. And imagine being in the caboose in the summer. All hot and sticky and watching it for a full shift. Yuck!
                      I think (I might be wrong) But they are just the regular train CM's I don;t think they are in it unless someone is in the Lilly belle. Again I might be wrong..

There wasn't another CM with us besides the plaid. Who by the way told us a cool story about the Prime minister of Japan riding in it...

Comment

I think (I might be wrong) But ithay are just the regular train CM's There wasn't another CM with us besides the plaid. Who by the way told us a cool story about the Prime minister of Japan riding in it...

Was the CM there when the Japanese Prime Minister was riding? That's pretty cool. I wonder if he understood what the CM was talking about when he was on it.

Comment

Thanks for the advise about the tour. Now, that I think about it, I'm one of those type who loves to read eveything on musuem tours. The boss (my wife) and kids hate going with me. Maybe I could go on my own and they could do something else. How long is it, and what do they show you?
                          As far as the monte cristo I could feel my Artaries clogging just looking at it. Where do they sell it?
                          Dave

Comment

I think (I might be wrong) But they are just the regular train CM's I don;t think they are in it unless someone is in the Lilly belle. Again I might be wrong..

There wasn't another CM with us besides the plaid. Who by the way told us a cool story about the Prime minister of Japan riding in it...

Can we hear the story? Or do we have to pay for the tour?

I get choked up thinking about how Walt never got to see so many important people enjoy his wife's caboose.

Comment

Thanks for the advise about the tour. Now, that I think about it, I'm one of those type who loves to read eveything on musuem tours. The boss (my wife) and kids hate going with me. Maybe I could go on my own and they could do something else. How long is it, and what do they show you?
                              As far as the monte cristo I could feel my Artaries clogging just looking at it. Where do they sell it?

Sold at the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans, both in NOS.

Comment

I get choked up thinking about how Walt never got to see so many important people enjoy his wife's caboose.

It is incredible to think of the history that has touched that area. Wonderful thinking politicians, actors, and common people like you and me get to enjoy what Mr. Disney put his heart & soul into. Fitting tribute to Walt's passion.

Now, if only us common folk got to enter Club 33.

Comment

Was the CM there when the Japanese Prime Minister was riding? That's pretty cool. I wonder if he understood what the CM was talking about when he was on it.

No the CM I was with wasn't there during the Visit. This was a number of years ago I think not too long after the Dinosaurs was put in.

The Japanese Prime minister Rode through the Grand Canyon/Dinosaur part of the Train ride and I guess he was just amazed. After he left, he was asked what his favorite part of his trip to America was, (not his favorite part of Disneyland, but America.) The Japanese Prime Minister said "The Dinosaurs at Disneyland.)

I guess it doesn't have to do with the Lilly Belle so much, but he was riding it when he saw it.

It was 3 hours long and We walked though the Opera House, Main Street, NOS, a visit in the lobby of Club 33, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Adventureland.

The only place we didn't visit was Toontown and Tomorrowland. ( that was my only gripe about the tour really is that we didn't even touch Tomorrowland.

It included a lunch as well.

the link to find out more about the tour is here

Comment

So the tour is about the history of the Big Guy and the history of Disneyland? I'm a big history buff.
                                    Dave

Comment

So the tour is about the history of the Big Guy and the history of Disneyland? I'm a big history buff.
                                      If you are a history buff and love Disneyland, the question is: Why haven't you done it yet???!!!

It was well worth it. You get a lunch with it too. Bring someone to watch the kids. I'd say over 10 is a better age for the tots.

Comment

After he left, he was asked what his favorite part of his trip to America was, (not his favorite part of Disneyland, but America.) The Japanese Prime Minister said "The Dinosaurs at Disneyland.)

I guess it doesn't have to do with the Lilly Belle so much, but he was riding it when he saw it.
                                        Thanks Junthor! I can't help laughing at his riding the Lily Belle, everything going dark, and him Screaming at the top of his lungs "Godzilla!!!". It's funny that no one thinks about the dinosaurs anymore and it being his favorite part.

I'll let him stay with the dinosaurs, I'd rather ride in the caboose!

Comment

I loved your report - I'm glad you had a great time!
                                          sigpic
                                          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X