Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Junthors Trip Report!!! (probably my only one... so check it out)

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
    So the tour is about the history of the Big Guy and the history of Disneyland? I'm a big history buff.
    yeah...

Granted in this day and age.. most of the information can be found online. I've heard a lot of it before. But there is something cool about it and hearing things in Walt's voice.

Ohh and We also got to see an original piece of the Enchanted Tiki room.

It was a flower and due to it's age and the oils that human hands have the CM's have to handle it with gloves... I got to hold it and mess with the Audio-animatronics in the back to see how it worked. that was cool as well.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

I am sold on this tour.

I can't belive all the stuff on this tour. Do you ride the caboose in the end? I would hate to start my tour off that way. Everything else would seen anti-climactic.
      Originally posted by Grumpee
      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
        I am sold on this tour.

I can't belive all the stuff on this tour. Do you ride the caboose in the end? I would hate to start my tour off that way. Everything else would seen anti-climactic.

yeah the end was the trip back to main street where we ate lunch (late lunch/dinner)
        All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Until the last time we were at Disneyland, just before the 50th I didn't know they had a tour. Also we were with our kids, and it was go go go. My son happened to be 7 at the time, and thought the Matterhorn was the best thing since a tacobell bean burito with nacho cheese, and so there wasn't time. Now that we will be going in February, I'll have to find away to bribe my wife to take the kids for three hours. Ari will be 10 so maybe he'll like to go. After everything I've heard I really want to check it out.
          I like the Prime Minister of Japan love theDinosaurs and love to ride the train just to get to that part.
          Sidenote: it seems if any part of the park could use alittle fixing up that would be it.Is their any word on that?
          Dave

Comment

I am sold on this tour.

You gotta do it Duck. First you go down Main Street. Then you go to the Tiki Room and play with some of Walt's Toys. I'd imagine after that you get to ride Lillian's Caboose. Awesome tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
              yeah the end was the trip back to main street where we ate lunch (late lunch/dinner)
              That makes sense. I guess they figure everyone will work up an appetite during the ride. If it were me though, I'd try my hardest to totally relax so I can really enjoy it.
              Originally posted by All4dISNEY
              Words hurt.

Comment

Sadly we got to eat lunch in the Gallery. Too bad no one else will get to.

Hey Junthor, did they have Walt's chili and cornbread available for lunch? Although, I wouldn't want to ride the caboose after the chili. Closed quarters and all. LOL!

Comment

Ok I'm officially sold on the tour! Great report Junthor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
                    That makes sense. I guess they figure everyone will work up an appetite during the ride. If it were me though, I'd try my hardest to totally relax so I can really enjoy it.
                    I hear ya! I'd almost want the CM to be quiet so I could really soak up the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      You gotta do it Duck. First you go down Main Street. Then you go to the Tiki Room and play with some of Walt's Toys. I'd imagine after that you get to ride Lillian's Caboose. Awesome tour.

wow, that sounds exhausting. I can't think of a better way to end a tour than relaxing in that fancy caboose.....and it doesn't hurt that thousands of people see me riding it.

Comment

wow, that sounds exhausting. I can't think of a better way to end a tour than relaxing in that fancy caboose.....and it doesn't hurt that thousands of people see me riding it.
                        I know. Seeing people hop on gets me so envious. Oh well, some day I'll get my turn in the driver's seat (Caboose).

Comment

Sadly we got to eat lunch in the Gallery. Too bad no one else will get to.

Hey Junthor, did they have Walt's chili and cornbread available for lunch? Although, I wouldn't want to ride the caboose after the chili. Closed quarters and all. LOL!
                          No they got rid of it.... The Tuna was Great though. I would have gotten the chili though. I was looking forward to it until I heard they got rid of it.

I hear ya! I'd almost want the CM to be quiet so I could really soak up the ride.

When we first got in the Lilly Belle, She was talking about Small World. I must Admit... I don't remember a word of it.. all I can remember thinking is... "Shut up about Small World and tell me about what I'm riding in" Which she did get too. But like I said.. I don't remember anything of what was said about Small World

Comment

This is a great tour for first-timers to Disneyland. What better way to celebrate the first time you come, than a ride on Lillian's caboose? Imagine how awesome the pictures would be...really a great memory.
                            Words hurt.

Comment

Ooops! Sorry, double post.

But I wanted to say, I had lunch in the Gallery when I went on the tour. Didn't have the chili, though. I think I had chicken salad.
                              I'm not a fan of tuna...not my kind of meat.
                              Words hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
                                No they got rid of it.... The Tuna was Great though. I would have gotten the chili though. I was looking forward to it until I heard they got rid of it.
                                That's too bad about the chili it was Delish! I guess the tuna is fitting too, seeing that Walt did have people on his tuna boat back in the day. Was it chicken of the sea?

Seems odd that now you can ride his caboose which you couldn't while he was alive and they serve tuna now and you can't go on his tuna boat. Strange how Disneyland keep evolving.

Comment

Twice as good ACat! lol.

Comment

Better a caboose smelling of tuna than chili.

Disney made a smart menu change.

Comment

Twice as good ACat! lol.

(sssshhhhh! I fixed it already!)
                                      Words hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post

(sssshhhhh! I fixed it already!)

Bob Barker approves of this post. All cats should be fixed.

Comment

Better a caboose smelling of tuna than chili.

Disney made a smart menu change.
                                          Too bad they don't serve the Monte Cristo on the tour. Mmmm, ... a really good combo of warm, gooey, yet meaty and sweet.
                                          Words hurt.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X