This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney's California

The more I think about it, putting more Walt in the park is great. He is such an iconic figure. If you have to put "California" in the park, celebrating elements of the state when it Walt came to California to pursue his dream seems much more interesting.

Question - do you think there were ever discussions along this line as they were originally designing the park? I ask because if it did, I just don't see that Eisner would be willing to put the spotlight on Walt. It seems to me that Eisner wanted to be/replace Walt.

I guess I am encouraged that Iger is willing to celebrate the man who started all this!
    The Mur

Re: Walt Disney's California

>>I just don't see that Eisner would be willing to put the spotlight on Walt. It seems to me that Eisner wanted to be/replace Walt.<<

Eisner wanted the founder "phased out," and did his best to do so. Fortunately Eisner's "best" was not good enough.

Comment

Walt's journey from the mid-west in the 20s and 30s, in search of success out west, particularly in California and Los Angeles, was a fairly consistent dream among thousands at the time.

Walt's story was repeated many times by many others, and may transcend being merely the story of an un-employed animator searching for greener pastures, to something much more about what the California Dream is all about.

Comment

Good, now we can have Walt's dream in there rather than Eisner's dedication.

Comment

The press release states:

"Nowhere in the world are Disney Park guest more fascinated and passionate about Walt Disney than in California... A new visual icon, inspired by Los Angeles' historic Carthay Circle Theater... will house a next generation "Walt Disney Story" featuring Walt's California experiences and his entertainment legacy."

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            The press release states:

"Nowhere in the world are Disney Park guest more fascinated and passionate about Walt Disney than in California... A new visual icon, inspired by Los Angeles' historic Carthay Circle Theater... will house a next generation "Walt Disney Story" featuring Walt's California experiences and his entertainment legacy."
            Sounds like a good thematic fit. Unfortunately, only one of the very few I see in DCA. Additionally, I hope the Red Car doesn't turn out to be a 'red herring'; merely a 'set decoration' for the concept art.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
              Sounds like a good thematic fit. Unfortunately, only one of the very few I see in DCA. Additionally, I hope the Red Car doesn't turn out to be a 'red herring'; merely a 'set decoration' for the concept art.
              Be optimistic here.

Comment

I just said the same thing on the RED CAR thread.

Comment

Wait, there's more...

"Red Car trolleys reminiscent of the old Pacific Electri Railway will travel up and down the main street."

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X