This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Disney Slice

So I know we all have our favorite attractions... but every attraction is made up of "slices" that when put together make up the whole. My question to everybody is which slice of a disneyland attraction is your favorite.

For me personally, its the battle scene in Pirates. I think it is amazing how real that scene looks... you actually feel like you are outside, in the middle of the sea, sailing right thru that battle.

A close second is the Auction scene in Pirates. I remember when they made the Auctioneer more advanced in movement. And I love the dialouge at that scene.

So those are my favorite 2 slices of disney attractions. What are yours?

Re: Favorite Disney Slice

The ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion.

The Blue Bayou scene (not the restaurant) on POTC.

The skeleton at the wheel on POTC.

The city down below on Peter Pan.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I like the grand finale of Splash (with the chickens on the riverboat) and the Big Mara room in Indy (with fire in her eyes).

But there are lots of great slices in Disneyland, aren't there? Great thread idea!

-Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

Originally posted by bloodnswash View Post
        The ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion.
        That is indeed a good one. I was somewhat disappointed to see the ghosts dancing on the pack[ages in the HM Holiday. I think ghosts would be smarter than to dance on top of christmas gifts.

Comment

The skeleton at the wheel on POTC. (as well)

The countdown to Space Mt.
          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBoySC99 View Post
            That is indeed a good one. I was somewhat disappointed to see the ghosts dancing on the pack[ages in the HM Holiday. I think ghosts would be smarter than to dance on top of christmas gifts.
            the one thing that bugged me in HMH was how the ghosts were dancing though the Huge Christmas tree....
            All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

When an Outdoor Vendor hands a churro to me and when an Attractions Host asks, "How many in your party?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                Great thread idea! -Dusty
                I agree!
                "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say the Stretching room in HM. I also love the burning city in Pirates.

The TOT Lobby in DCA is pretty darn awesome too.

Comment

I love the graveyard in Haunted Mansion, especially at the Singing Busts (us barbershoppers can't get enough harmony). There's so much going on that it's almost overwhelming.

My other favorite is just past the Gates of Doom on Indy, where you come around the corner and see the temple for the first time. The giant Mara head shooting lasers, the flames, it's impressively massive. To top it all off, you get the sweeping musical score highlighting the impact of the scene. It all makes for such a cinematic experience that it epitomizes what makes Disney great to me.
                    -SilentDante
                    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Flying over The Neverland in Peter Pan
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Flying over Neverland in Peter Pan, and going past the T-Rex on Thunder Mountain

Comment

The ending scene in Splash
                          The battle scene in POTC
                          The ballroom in HM
                          I'm not a huge fan of Thunder Mnt (bad experience as a chid), but I do love the lift with the waterfall.. so colorful.
                          <3 Chloe

Comment

I love the entry/exit point of the Disneyland Monorail. You know how it is, you leave the station and the monorail goes through the trees and you now find yourself along Harbor Blvd before the beam veers right into DCA. Then when the monorail returns to Tomorrowland, you are once again at Harbor Blvd and enter the trees to find yourself inside Disneyland again. It's like going through a portal. Or being Alice and going through the looking glass. It even feels like escaping the world.

Comment

Seeing all the Disney Vacation Club carts everywhere.

Each cart reminds me often how poor I am, and how lucky I am to have saved half-a-year's wages and tips to spend even ONE day at the place Where Dreams Come True.

Just motivation enough to start saving for a TWO day stay. In 2011. Fine, 2012.

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
                              Last edited by Anakin; 10-17-2007, 11:50 PM.
                              *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Tinker Bell at the end of Soarin. I always yell, "there's Tink.

I also get a little nervous, and excited when I see the Vultures at the end of Splash Mountain. I then, hold on tight.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

The ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion, especially during HMH when they have something interesting and unique sitting on the table.

The graveyard in the HM during it's regular season.

The Bayou on Pirates, the skull when it says "Dead men tell no tales" and the town scene where the woman is chasing the guy around in circles.
                                  Christina

Comment

IT's funny, but most of the favs are from Pirates and HM. Rightfully so. I hope imagineers take this into consideration when they are designing the new rides at DCA. Great slices are what we remember as children and fondly reflect on as we get older.

Comment

I have a few favorite Disneyland slices:

-The Tiki Chant in the Tiki Room (and thunderstorm)

-The attic scene in Haunted Mansion

-Going over the bridge in Indiana Jones

-Ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion

Comment

Brer Bear butt when you are about to go down the dark flume hills on Splash and the river boat. I sing along EVERYTIME. I think the other people in the log find me annoying.

Haunted graveyard.

Haunted attic scene, the old one....I do!!!!

HTH mirror, saying goodbye.

Flying over the Orange fields in Soarin' of CA

Great thread!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X