This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of care for the Diarama (Merged)

It seems a shame with everything at Disneyland being fixed up, that one of the attractions to appear at the Worlds Fair has been completely forgotten. I am referring to the diorama of the Primevil World, and the Grand Canyon diorama. It seems it has all but been forgotten. In my opinion one of the most visually appealing attractions at Disneyland, has just been left alone to collect dust. That is not a pun. Last time I was there I remeber seeing dust collecting on the animals and paint starting to pell off the walls.
    It remains a tradition on our trips to make it one of the last rides we go on and in the past it has always been a great way to end the day.
    I understand it may not be the most thrilling part of the day for many, but it is a shame that one of Walts signature attractions should suffer from a lack of care and modernization. If Al reads this I would strongly encourage him to look into this.
    Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-17-2007, 02:29 PM. Reason: Sorry can't spell
    Dave

Re: Lack of care for the Diarama

Oh my BUDDHA!!!

It's D-I-O-R-A-M-A!!!

Unlike DIAR-RHEA!!!

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
    Last edited by Anakin; 10-17-2007, 02:36 PM.
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

I agree with you.
      Primeval world in particular has some amazing "eye candy".
      Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

Agreed Dave. It needs work, a lot of it. We'll see if it get the attention it needs.

Comment

I am a little disappointed with Al. You would think with all his attention to detail like the Mark Twain, that he would have noticed the sorry shape of what I feel is one of Disneyland's most historical attractions.
          Dave

Comment

It has been covered and discussed on here before. If I recall the general consensus was that it really does need a good refurb or even modernization.

Disney Co. apparently hasn't noticed.

Comment

I thought I saw some missing animals from the Grand Canyon part last week. Maybe they were getting cleaned up and they are doing a few at a time.

(And I first read it as diarrhea too, Anakin!)

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                I thought I saw some missing animals from the Grand Canyon part last week. Maybe they were getting cleaned up and they are doing a few at a time.
                or maybe they have finally disintergrated into dust due to lack of care.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                  Disney Co. apparently hasn't noticed.
                  Waddaya mean? Just recently (like around 50 years ago) these guys were working hard on the Grand Canyon Diorama:

And what about the "Walking In Disney Custodial's Footsteps" tour, where Guests of every age get to "lend-a-hand" at keeping Primeval World dust-free?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                    I thought I saw some missing animals from the Grand Canyon part last week.
                    Just how did you do this???

Comment

I'd rather view into the backstage area behind Space Mountain than peer through bullet holed glass at a bunch of taxidermies. They've been on display longer than they were ever alive. I think that's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                        Just how did you do this???
                        Oh brother! How anal are you! I saw the space where I have normally seen animals.

Comment

IT really is a tragedy to see such visually stunning area begin to look like the carnivals walt was tring to avoid.
                          Dave

Comment

This makes me sad. When I was a tiny child, the Grand Canyon/Primeval World dioramas were my primary memory of the park. I don't think I even realized they were at Disneyland, I just wanted to go see the dinosaurs!
                            Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                            : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Don't forget...

They were both going to be removed and become a part of Yesterland, but thanks to the movie Jurassic Park, and a renewed interest in dino's, it was saved to live another day.

Sure, it is in a sad state, but the alternative would have been worse.

Enjoy! (it while you can)

Comment

The dinos are OK but the taxidermies are old and disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                  The dinos are OK but the taxidermies are old and disgusting.
                                  I actually agree (to a point). It ain't 1965 anymore. I can see better mounts at my local Cabella's store. Its time to refurb the diorama with animatronics and move the whole thing to Frontierland.
                                  Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
                                    I actually agree (to a point). It ain't 1965 anymore. I can see better mounts at my local Cabella's store. Its time to refurb the diorama with animatronics and move the whole thing to Frontierland.
                                    Totally agree...it could be part of a much larger-scale new E or D-ticket for Frontierland. And having taxidermy sitting there...yuck.

But for the "Grand Circle Tour" itself...so much more should be added to make the trip more visually stimulating, and relative to the lands it's connected with. I've read that there used to be some sort of animal on top of a rock as your train would pass by Jungle Cruise...does anyone happen to have a picture of this?

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                      Don't forget...

They were both going to be removed and become a part of Yesterland, but thanks to the movie Jurassic Park, and a renewed interest in dino's, it was saved to live another day.

I've never heard that story before. Not saying it isn't true, but...

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                        Don't forget...

I would say if that is a rumor it is probably true to a certain extent. My son who is 9 loves the dinosaurs even though they are outdated by today's scientific discoveries.

The last time we were at Disneyland we had gotten off the matterhorn and he wanted to get on the train at Tomorrowland for no reason other than the fact that he wanted to see the dinosaurs.

If this part of the ride eventually needs to be sacrificed in order to expand an "E ticket" out that way I hope they do salvage the dinosaurs. Maybe they can put them on TSI or something!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X