This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland water question.

I have had a previous thread before about the water used in Disneyland's RoA and Jungle Cruise.

But I now have a new question, I know iunorder to make the water darker they use a formulated blue and yellow dye known as Aquashade. I have some aquashade and do not get the same results, the water remains clear but a tinted green. So does anyone know if the water in RoA has any other dyes mixed with it or if the water is just naturally extremely murky?

Thanks for any help

Re: Disneyland water question.

If they left it semi clear then the tracks the Columbia and Mark Twain move on would be visable as would the Fantasmic stuff and any other things they have in the water.

My GUESS is that they use the solution in a way as to purposfully make it "murky" to hide the various peops and equipment in it.

Comment

Uh, hello?

You forgot one more ingredient.

Duck urine and feces.

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
      *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
        Uh, hello?

Duck urine and feces.

Disregauding the ducks, I just want to know how they get it to be murky, I know that the river is not THAT dirty because I dont even think state regulations would allow it.

Comment

Great question!
          I asked one of the men on the canoe ride and he said look around you...don't you see all the ducks?! and then the other man said they use a formula that makes it even darker so they can easily hide the tracks.

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
          I have had a previous thread before about the water used in Disneyland's RoA and Jungle Cruise.

But I now have a new question, I know iunorder to make the water darker they use a formulated blue and yellow dye known as Aquashade. I have some aquashade and do not get the same results, the water remains clear but a tinted green. So does anyone know if the water in RoA has any other dyes mixed with it or if the water is just naturally extremely murky?

Thanks for any help
          "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Such a positive person you are...

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
            Uh, hello?

Duck urine and feces.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Such a positive person you are...
              That's what my future twin son said.

*People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Another thing is that they have more water than you do. If you increase the amount of water that you look through, it will be darker or foggier. I'm assuming you only have a glass of it while the ROA have about 4 foot deep (I think) river.

Comment

Originally posted by cdkihano View Post
                  Another thing is that they have more water than you do. If you increase the amount of water that you look through, it will be darker or foggier. I'm assuming you only have a glass of it while the ROA have about 4 foot deep (I think) river.
                  That is a good point, but in the ponds around the moat, mine are about the same depth as them and they still achive that effect, while mine just turns a clear green.

Comment

How about MORE Aquashade?
                    Or is the Aquashade you are using tranasparent? Maybe there is industrial strength version not available to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                      How about MORE Aquashade?
                      Or is the Aquashade you are using tranasparent? Maybe there is industrial strength version not available to the public?
                      I pour it in and the water turns pure green, but the bottom is still visible, its green...just not murky.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why exactly are you trying to achieve murky water?

Also, Disneyland's bodies of water have minimal filtration, so a lot of that murky-ness could probably be attributed to that as well as the Aquashade.

Comment

While I don't recommend genuine duck, er, stuff, I suspect you need to get some suspended solids in your water.
                          Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                          : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I remembered this from Jungle Cruise Antics.

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            [CENTER]Fun with Water Colors.

Considering this is MiceChat I highly doubt I am spoiling the magic. Jungle's water is not naturally green. Some true rivers are, I found that out while researching the boat names. It depends on the content of the river, silt, local plants, if it is rocky (makes it clear) or muddy. In any event it's dyed green, usually overnight. However there have been some cases where they've dyed it while it's running.

Back side of..... um nevermind- On a couple occasions they decided to pour it in backstage and let the pumps drop it over S.Falls. The thought was that it would dissipate in the water and you wouldn't know, it would look a little greener is all. The reality is that it would clump up on top of the falls, really build up, then it was as if DuckZilla ate a bean burrito or something up there! It was always random, and usually timed to when you did the "Backside of Water" and then as you pointed that falling wonder was in their snapshot!

Beautiful Blue- On occasions they have grabbed the wrong bag of dye. It's rare, but it does happen. My best memory was of Benny. As I approached the falls from the front I see this massive bright blue water falling. Bright blue... couldn't miss it. Underneath I hear Benny " Ladies and Gentleman the worlds largest flowing glass of Kool-Aid... um no drinking please." A couple trips later I snagged a boat and I was under when Benny was approaching. I thought I had him. Suddenly I hear "Ladies and Gentleman 2000 flushes, does wonders for your plumbing and makes ours blue!". So for any junior Skips... that's why it was tough to get me to drop the mic, because I was used to Skips ad-libbing.

Mystery Color- For some reason it was decided that the over the falls method wasn't quite the effect they wanted. SO they talk me and 2 guys into taking an empty boat. I drive, they shovel out the dye behind me. This would have been perfect, except the bags didn't have labels. The first large spot on the river was the Elephant Pool... shovel shovel... splash splash... what the... It was RED, and it looked horrible. One of them commented that it would dilute and a boat was gaining on me so we floored it. They tossed a little here and there. At the Hippos I think one of them was sensing that they were running out of time so he just dumped a whole bag in. I pulled around the corner but was trapped by a slow Skip so there I sat. Behind me I could hear the boat approaching the Hippos

"You know kids, hippos are extremely gentle creatures, hardly ever attack, very peaceful OH MY GOD THEY BLEW UP A HIPPO... DUCK RUN RUUUUUUN! BANG BANG"

I laughed all the way back to the dock. They were right it did dissipate, in about 2 hours.
                            Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

Originally posted by eeyore_lady View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, why exactly are you trying to achieve murky water?

Also, Disneyland's bodies of water have minimal filtration, so a lot of that murky-ness could probably be attributed to that as well as the Aquashade.
                              This is a fountain with a ton of pipes/wires at the bottom and I would like to disguise it to give it a nicer look and more natural look with the aqua greenish color.

Comment

Jungle naturally is clear, but with a LOT of leaves and debris being churned up in the water. I posted a while back what happens when they get the color wrong... look in the Antics thread. As far as formula, all I know is it came in a big cement style sack and they just shoveled it in!
                                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                  Jungle naturally is clear, but with a LOT of leaves and debris being churned up in the water. I posted a while back what happens when they get the color wrong... look in the Antics thread. As far as formula, all I know is it came in a big cement style sack and they just shoveled it in!
                                  I have been told that Disney uses Aquashade (liquid) and Aquashadow (powder bags) and it is a mix between blue and yellow dyes. Was what you were throwing in the water a powder form?

Comment

You might try a product called "cloud X". It is used in the theater ( Blue Man Group) to give water a "murky" look.
                                    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                                    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                                    Originally posted by steamboatpete
                                    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Thanks for the info... I've tried doing various searches on it but nothing seems to be coming up for cloud X

Comment

All I know is that when we did canoe races, that water was gnarly.
                                        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X