This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the End of "Golden Dreams"?

Well, I'm guessing that the Little Mermaid ride and Grotto are moving into where Golden Dreams Theater lies and the proposed new theater which was going to house Golden Dreams in Sunshine Plaza will be instead filled in with with the Carathay theater featuring The Walt Disney Story. So does that mean that this is the end of Golden Dreams?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Is this the End of "Golden Dreams"?

Sounds like it.

Hopefully Disney will place it on a DVD for those fans of the film.

Just don't expect me to buy a copy!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Yep! :yea:

Whoopi, go get your own theme park, for crying out loud!

Comment

Hooray!

>>Hopefully Disney will place it on a DVD for those fans of the film.<<

...But not before Song of the South, So Dear to My Heart, The Monkey's Uncle, Dr Syn Alias the Scarecrow, The Incredible Journey, Sammy the Way-Out Seal, The Sign of Zorro, Escapade in Flornce, The Horsemasters, Kidnapped, The Wonderful World of Color, The Mickey Mouse Club, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

Re: Is this the End of &quot;Golden Dreams&quot;?

Damn, Whoopie just doesn't belong in the park, first Superstar Limo, now Golden Dreams. Im just waiting for Rosie O' Donnel to get out of the park, lol.
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Fun fact: when Disney completed the film they didn't bother to make copy's of the original and thus the film used in the park is the only golden dreams in existence. also the projection room is equipped with a protective case that covers film reels when the fire alarm is activated.

Comment

Whoopie is one thing that I sure won't miss from the refurb.

Now, if we can just get her off of the Tram at USH...

Comment

I don't mind seing it go....
                It was fine for most of it, but durring the montage at the end I was thinking just show Walt Disney and be over with it.
                Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

Originally posted by Mtsplash View Post
                  I don't mind seing it go....
                  It was fine for most of it, but durring the montage at the end I was thinking just show Walt Disney and be over with it.
                  I think Disney was trying to avoid him while creating DCA in the 90's. It sure seems like it.

Comment

Move out Whoppi... move in Steve Martin... just wait... this is going to be interesting!
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Golden dreams has run its course. I will miss the building. Has a nice look for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                        Damn, Whoopie just doesn't belong in the park, first Superstar Limo, now Golden Dreams.
                        How 'bout a map to youuuuur house Drew Carey?
                        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

And it's also the last time you'll see Golden Screams as well.

If you're happy to see that God-forsaken piece of garbage go, then gimme a "HELL YEAH!"

Comment

People always ridiculed/hated this movie, and frankly, I don't blame them. While I personally thought the movie was great, I really think it suffered from its location and appearance. Here you have the Palace of Fine Arts building, which is a beautiful building, but instead of a dark ride inside, you have a show. Now, with California Screamin' and other large attractions looming in the distance, who is going to stop and watch the show, especially trying to sell everyone on the fact that Whoopi Goldberg hosts the show!

Golden Dreams should have taken a page out of Main Street's design, and devoted a theater for the movie ala Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln or The First 50 Magical Years w/ Steve Martin.

I'm not saying it would have packed in the show with guests, but I would anticipate it possibly getting more traffic than its current location. It would also be a nice segue into the park, offering a glimpse of what California culture is comprised of. Naturally, this would have required a strong conjunction with thematic principles in the rest of the park's attractions. I just don't think this can be accomplished anymore with Little Mermaid and Cars going in. I'm not cynical about these additions, but wish more planning went into the placement of Golden Dreams.
                            "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Comment

Golden Screams sucked.

However Golden Dreams was the only Epcot style edutainment Anaheim really ever got.

I liked it. It could go on DVD and be teachers' instructional material though.

Comment

You may not always see her, but just remember, where ever you go, Queen Califia will be lookin' out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                  Yep! :yea:

Whoopi, go get your own theme park, for crying out loud!
                                  Unfortunately, as long as they sell "Jack Sparrow Dreadz" at the resort, we will always be reminded of Whoopi. Just be glad they don't adorn the resort of that poster of Whoopi in the bathtub filled with milk!

Comment

One dream
                                    We come from everywhere with just one dream
                                    This home is where we all can share in just one dream

One day
                                    I still believe if we can see the possibilities
                                    The world can be a better place

So many miracles are happening around us every day
                                    Look to the mountaintop, not the mountain in your way

Side by side, heart to heart
                                    We can finish anything we start
                                    Anything can be done
                                    With just one dream

Sometimes
                                    The hardest thing to do in life is try to understand
                                    The reason why we have to cry

One friend
                                    You know that's all it takes is just one friend to lend a hand
                                    A helping hand, that's all it takes

So many people miss the miracle of what it is to care
                                    Love is what brings us all together, anyway

Anything can be done
                                    With just one dream

Hand in hand, we can do
                                    What it takes to make our dreams come true
                                    Each of us, if we trust
                                    In just one dream

We are the wings
                                    We can fly into forever
                                    Like a promise of the sun
                                    We're born to shine

We have the strength
                                    We can change the world together
                                    Build a stairway to the stars we can climb

Anything can be done
                                    With just one dream

Hand in hand, we can do
                                    What it takes to make our dreams come true
                                    Each of us, if we trust, in just one dream

In just one dream

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
                                    Last edited by Anakin; 10-17-2007, 10:51 PM.
                                    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X