This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessary Closing?

In order for DCA to complete the new Plaza, which looks awesome by the way, will they have to close down DCA for a few months to get the main things in place? then open it back up again and wall-off the areas needed to be worked on?

or will they just leave it open "we are open during construction. pardon our dust" kinda thing?

just wondering.

Re: Necessary Closing?

Al said that there would be a temporary entrance through the Who Wants to be a Millionaire Building.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

They should close DCA all together until it is ALL done. It wouldn't be worth it to close most of the sections off and some rides open.

Comment

DCA will remain open during the entire refurb period.

As mentioned above, they will build a temporary entrance while they work on the main entrance area.

But everything else will just be refurb walls in certain locations.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

It's gonna be weird in a couple years when people are getting all nostalgic on the boards about the original California Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Reeder View Post
            It's gonna be weird in a couple years when people are getting all nostalgic on the boards about the original California Adventure.
            Nostalgic about stucco.

Comment

Remember Golden Dreams? That used to be a very good show, especially the giant statues of Whoopi. Let's start a petition to bring Golden Dreams back!

-is what we are going to be saying in 10 years.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
              HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
              ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
              FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                -is what we are going to be saying in 10 years.
                Not me. Only the DoMs are.

We'll still be complaining about the upgraded park though, that's a given.

Comment

I am so all over the idea of closing the park during renovations. If the game plan is 5 years to get it done, why not close it , remove all of us guest start kickin butt to get it done in 2 1/2years also economical its kind of a wash- yes disney loses the revenue for 2 1/2 year, but as cost of labor, materials etc rise over a 5 year period they will rise less in 2 1/2 years. Of course its a negative image shutting something down , but put the preview center in the esplanade, throw in some teasers like ride vehicles as they become avaliable,some pre openning for purchase souvineers, and they will have the masses at the gates for openning day, weeks, months , the first year may have to be by lotto or Priority entrance only !

Comment

It will be just like when they were redoing Tomorrowland for 1998, except this story stands a chance at having a happy ending.

Comment

You can't close MY theme park.

Where will I go for my Halloween sweets from Candy Corn Acres?

How will I visit my drama classmates from East High's production of "High School Musical 2 - School's Out?"

Where will I get my free tortilla during the annual celebration of my birth?

How will I enjoy a place that takes out the theme in "theme park?"

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
                      *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post

Where will I go for my Halloween sweets from Candy Corn Acres?

How will I visit my drama classmates from East High's production of "High School Musical 2 - School's Out?"

How will I enjoy a place that takes out the theme in "theme park?"

You forgot about the park that will put the FU back in FUN for you!

Comment

I am laughing so hard my artificial ribs hurt.

You go, Koutesu.

*These are my genuine thoughts, directed at a specific person.

Comment

I'm wondering where they'll put vital services (Guest Relations, stroller & wheelchair rental, etc.) that are in the main entry plaza currently while they're re-do-ing it? I can see a lot of people who are average-level mad about all the construction becoming FURIOUS once they find out the thing under construction first is the place you'd go to voice your complaint.
                            "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

I think Guest Services should be hidden behind the Maliboomer, as far away from the Main Entrance as possible.

We should have to work hard to have our complaints heard.

It could be marketed as another tour, "Disney's Hide -n- Seek," where a Guest will have to search for vital services (restrooms, Guest Relations, Central First Aid, stroller/wheelchair rentals) with an old map of the Hundred Acre Parking Lot.

Sign me up.

Comment

I think Guest Services should be hidden behind the Maliboomer, as far away from the Main Entrance as possible.

We should have to work hard to have our complaints heard.

It could be marketed as another tour, "Disney's Hide -n- Seek," where a Guest will have to search for vital services (restrooms, Guest Relations, Central First Aid, stroller/wheelchair rentals) with an old map of the Hundred Acre Parking Lot.

Sign me up.

They should take out ALL the restrooms to make more room for attractions, shows, parades, restaurants, and.......................... GIFT SHOPS!!!

You can get a free tortilla without having to be the day of your birth. YOu GET a free PACKET of tortillas on your annual celebration of your birth.

Comment

Strollers are easy, just set up a tent. They have done it before.

As for Guest Relations, they can move that to Guest Services next to the Disneyland Entrance for things like Club 33 reservations (aka outside the gates).

Or even better, who says the turnstiles have to be at the "emergency gate", they can placed them inside the area, and then place a tent on the east end of the current building housing Lost and Found, and then the CM's can still access the building from the current employee entrance. This way it is outside of the turnstiles, so folks can access it without "entering" the park thru the turnstiles.
                                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Reeder View Post
                                    You KNOW it's going to happen.

Comment

You know when you misread something. I thought the title was Necessary Clothing? My first thought was, yes clothing is necessary at Disneyland. Then I thought, maybe you were wondering what type of clothing to bring during a certain time of year for the weather. Then I started reading the thread, it had nothing to do with clothing.
                                      San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

Originally posted by DISNEYJUNKIE View Post
                                        I am so all over the idea of closing the park during renovations. If the game plan is 5 years to get it done, why not close it , remove all of us guest start kickin butt to get it done in 2 1/2years also economical its kind of a wash- yes disney loses the revenue for 2 1/2 year, but as cost of labor, materials etc rise over a 5 year period they will rise less in 2 1/2 years. Of course its a negative image shutting something down , but put the preview center in the esplanade, throw in some teasers like ride vehicles as they become avaliable,some pre openning for purchase souvineers, and they will have the masses at the gates for openning day, weeks, months , the first year may have to be by lotto or Priority entrance only !
                                        So if they closed it for 2 1/2 years, where would the CM's go to work?
                                        I want my cake back!
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X