Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happens to the Electrical Parade during Construction ???

Didn't you guys hear? They're sending the Electrical Parade over to my place here in Santa Rosa. If you wanna watch it you'll have to pay the fee to come on in! Good luck!

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
      The Electrical Parade is on the schedule right up to Jan 27th (7:45pm) So, they are extending it till the end of January---so far.
      Ah, you're right about it being on the schedule. Something about that may eventually change, as logistically, it doesn't work when you have Parade of Dreams starting at 6:30pm. (Many of the performers in EP come from POD.) My guess will be adjusting parade times for either POD(earlier) or EP(later).

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
        "Remember Brake Light Tragic?"
        Fixed!

Comment

Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
          Ah, you're right about it being on the schedule. Something about that may eventually change, as logistically, it doesn't work when you have Parade of Dreams starting at 6:30pm. (Many of the performers in EP come from POD.) My guess will be adjusting parade times for either POD(earlier) or EP(later).
          ... they do?
          THAT's why POD runs at 6:30 on weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
            ok whatever i spoke to an IMAGINNER (whos working on the World of Color Show) he's a close friend of mine and told me that World of Color is going to replace Electrical Parade in 09. It is going to be shipped out in pieces to HKDL and open in the summer of 09 as well, they are trying to get Electrical Parade back to Disneyland Park but if they don't get the go it will stay at HKDL for a 5 year run. Believe it Or Not say what you want this is true!
            There's more than one version of the parade that currently exists, and one of those versions is already at HKDL. Tokyo had a version of the original that ran as well......that's the one that's either (a.) already sitting backstage at HKDL, or (b.) will eventually be shipped there. It's definitely not our version that's leaving for Hong Kong.

Oh, and it's Imagineer.
            "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

I hate hearing the recording in DCA saying "Disney's Electrical Parade." Talk about lame!
              But I'm not sure if it could work in Disneyland anymore. Think about it: two parade showtimes, two or even three Fantasmics, and the fireworks. I don't think it would fit in with the afternoon/night crowds. And how would it work at night when people are lining up for the fireworks?
              The only way it could work is if it only showed on nights without the fireworks...which would be pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                ... they do?
                THAT's why POD runs at 6:30 on weekends!
                Let me explain it for you then:

Currently:
                2nd POD starting at 6:30pm, EP at 8:45pm (2hr, 15 min gap)

January 2008 weekends (according to Disneyland.com):
                2nd POD starting at 6:30pm, EP at 7:45pm (1 hr, 15 min gap)

So according to the Disneyland.com calendar, now CMs will have 1 hour less than they currently do for the turn-around. And don't forget, this gap is for the time between step-offs for the parades. That doesn't include the time it takes for POD to perform 3 show stops.

Comment

I know that, I just didn't know there was cross-u for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
                    Are you sure? I always thought the two parades were completely separate and didn't share anything, much less performers.....in common.

I can't imagine being a character in POD, and then running and having to change costume for the Electrical Parade !
                    2007 Photos:
                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                    More 2007 Photos:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                    2006 Photos:
                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Since there are not any parades in the off season they could offer it than when alot of us out of towners come to stay.
                      Dave

Comment

How about this - while the parade is a classic (more so in it's original form), lets lay to rest the wonderful relic and have this BILLION dollar company actually fork out some money for a BRAND NEW nighttime parade for preferably DL park? huh, how about that?
                        It's time to move on- let Steven and the team at DCE and DLR work their magic.

Come on people...and Disney - no more excuses.

Paging Mr. Lasseter - don't you want new and innovative entertainment too?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X