This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Disney's California Adventure signature icon

could very well be a remade Carthay Circle Theater (based on Al's article). Isn't that a bit anti-climactic?

I can just imagine merchandise celebrating the Disneyland Resort, where they butt up Sleeping Beauty Castle next to a phallus-shaped theatre.

I say, should the Imagineers stick with the California concept, the Bear Mountain should remain as its icon. I mean, look at the state flag...

I like the uniqueness of this icon, as much as Epcot's Spaceship Earth and Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life.

Stick to something ORIGINAL and Disney-originated.

*These are my genuine thoughts, not directed at any specific person.
    Last edited by Anakin; 10-18-2007, 08:57 AM.
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Re: The NEW Disney's California Adventure signature icon

Art-deco movie palaces work for me.

Comment

It's better than what we have now.
      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

I agree with Anakin. I like most of what I've seen so far, but the idea of this movie palace being the yang to the Sleeping Beautys Castle's yin... I'm not yet convinced.
        That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

I think just like MGM using the hat and the water tower and the Chinese Theater (for a time) we'll see both the Bear and the Carthay used for DCA.
          WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

It doesn't "WOW" me but it doesn't "YUCK" me either like that sun there now. 10 times better than that gold tin foil mess there now.

Comment

I've always really liked Grizzly Peak, and I think it's an awesome winnie.

I think it fits even more so now with the new setup. If you look how the new entrance model utilizes the shapes of the plaza and directs you to the mountain

Comment

I personally think it will work wonderfully. Especially with the link the theater has with Disney history. And it isn't a definite thing that it will become the icon either. The park icon is something that will be chosen more by the guests. It is the castle that people remember from DL. What the icon for DCA will end up being remains to be seen. That model photo really shows that the two, theater and mountain, are going to work together.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I think that is the best icon for the new park. Congratulations to Disney for recreating a Hollywood icon that introduced the world to some of the greatest films in movie history such as Snow White and Gone With The Wind.

The actual theatre is now long gone -- as long as I have been alive. Thanks in the highest regard for Disney to bring this back for us all to celebrate Walt Disney and the glory of Hollywood.

Comment

Well if you look at what Al said in his article, and i quote

Bob and John Lasseter want to pursue the Walt Disney angle completely, especially at the front of the park.
                    A mountain that resembles a bear may not be what they are looking for to be the icon of the park.

I like the idea. In my opinion the theater would be perfect for the icon of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      It doesn't "WOW" me but it doesn't "YUCK" me either like that sun there now. 10 times better than that gold tin foil mess there now.
                      Exactly how I feel.
                      That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

sigpic

Comment

Disney MGM Studios

The Original

Disney's California

Comment

^^ Nice prag thanks. I love the old stop light. That's be a nice touch to the new creation.

Comment

I hope Disney remembers to include drunk and half-naked midgets on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

Awesome!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

How convenient. Disney's recycling program doesn't just end in glass, plastic, and paper...
                                *People JUDGE me too quickly...

Comment

Those are already depicted in Snow White's Scary adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                                    How convenient. Disney's recycling program doesn't just end in glass, plastic, and paper...
                                    The other concern is that Disney has already made a movie theatre the centerpiece of one of the company's parks when the Chinese Theatre opened at the Disney MGM Studios.

I also don't appreciate the fact that the Pan-Pacific Auditorium entrance at the Disney MGM Studios is apparently being duplicated at D.C.A.

Haven't people been complaining about D.C.A. lacking imagination over the past six years? Is copying the Florida park the answer to that criticism?

Comment

Haven't people been complaining about D.C.A. lacking imagination over the past six years? Is copying the Florida park the answer to that criticism?
                                      It would seem a cloned movie theater is an incredibly appropriate icon for DCA, which, of course, is the problem.

Comment

The other concern is that Disney has already made a movie theatre the centerpiece of one of the company's parks when the Chinese Theatre opened at the Disney MGM Studios.

I also don't appreciate the fact that the Pan-Pacific Auditorium entrance at the Disney MGM Studios is apparently being duplicated at D.C.A.

here we go again

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X