This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another DCA makeover thread: Sun Wheel

So Mickey Mouse or the Sun? What would you rather have on the wheel?

Also, are they planning on using some of the wheel's lighting effects as part of the World of Colour water show? It would be neat to see. This also makes me wonder if the wheel will be closed during the show.
    Sun
    35.62%
    Mickey's face
    64.38%

Re: Yet another DCA makeover thread: Sun Wheel

I'd prefer neither. The sun is ugly, and Mickey just seems awkward. Can't they come up with another option?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I guess if the sun will be removed, they'll rename it? Mickey's Wheel?

Comment

One thing about themeing it mickey. It's the scariest ride in either park. I hope parents know what their kid is dragging them on. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
          One thing about themeing it mickey. It's the scariest ride in either park. I hope parents know what their kid is dragging them on. LOL!
          we didn't when we took a 5 year old and a 2 year old on it

needless to say... we nicknamed it the Ferris Wheel of Death.

I've never LOL'd so hard....

btw.. does anyone have a pic of the mickey version?
          All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
            I guess if the sun will be removed, they'll rename it? Mickey's Wheel?
            I think on one of the plans given to the media (here in some thread or other...too many, cannot keep track) I saw it labeled as "Mickey's Fun Wheel". Fun...IF YOU LIKE TO DIE! :lol:
            Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
            : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
              btw.. does anyone have a pic of the mickey version?

More new DCA art: here

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

OMG I hated it.

Comment

how do people not know what they're getting in too.. i mean it's huge... you see the cabins slide and swing.. I didnt think it was scary. thought it was quite fun.

Comment

They said they're retheming the midway with Disney Characters, Mickey Wheel makes as much sense as anything else they're going to do. Here's hoping for a Donald Game/Ride
                    "It was worth it if you learned something."

Comment

Leave well enough alone. Add the nice Victorian load area and high tech LED light package. Taking away the sun and adding Mickey is wasting money in my opinion.
                      WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Here's an idea: by day there's a sun and it transforms to a moon by night. Perhaps the big smiley moon form the Silly Symphony cartoons Santa's Workshop and Night Before Christmas?

Comment

I could go with the Mickey wheel as long as they stabalize the head so it doesn't spin... make it like the old cartoons that had that star effect behind him!
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I love it!!!

Comment

They need to Get Rid of the ferris wheel, altogether!
                              Along with the whole non-themed "pardise pier" theme.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

If they're planning on making the midway games and surrounding rides (like Mulholland Madness) centered around the "classic" Disney characters then it only makes sense to have their lead character most prominently displayed. This also creates something that Disneyland doesn't have: including the fading Toontown, there really aren't any RIDE attractions based on the classic short-cartoon characters anywhere in the DL park. Modifying both the Sun Wheel and Mulholland Madness would accomplish this. Of course there's better themed and more expensive measures they could take but hey, at least Mickey isn't a Pixar character!
                                I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Comment

I think it will go great in Paradise Pier. Because obviously the the new theme for Paradise Pier is an old California boardwalk with a disney twist. For example-

-Old dark ride the Disney twist is it's themed to The Little Mermaid
                                  -Midway games the Disney twist is it's themed to Toy Story
                                  -Wild Mouse ride the Disney twist is it's themed to Goffy's Sky Skool
                                  -Feris wheel the Disney twist is it's a Mickey Mouse Fun Wheel

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

Comment

I didn't vote because I don't know. The sun is kind of ugly. The Mickey face actually looks good, and in fact better.

But I am a little reluctant with Disney sticking Mickey faces all over the park. They started this little trend back when they re-did the Autopia and I didn't like it then. I think it's because to me Disney rides should stand for themselves, and unless directly related to a movie they shouldn't have to stick Mickey faces all over it to magically force people into thinking they are on a Disney ride -- Does the Mickey head on California Screamin' all of a sudden aquit Disney of being accused of turning a Disney Park into Magic Mountain? Just the same -- having Mickey on a Ferris Wheel is not going to magically turn it into a different ride -- it is still a Ferris Wheel.

I am not talking about hidden Mickeys here. That has gone on for a very long time. Although I am not one of those people who go crazy over finding hidden Mickeys either. They are cool if you notice or find one but that shouldn't be the focus either.

Comment

It should be noted that the Sun is moving to where the mouse ears are now.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                                        OMG I hated it.
                                        HIDEOUS!!!!! Leave The Sun!!!
                                        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X