This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your oldest Disneyland Souvenir

I know this is slightly off topic but I can't get the image out of my head of Steve on a slow day, bored at home, flashing his badge and creating his own theme music..."Steve G, STATION AGENT!! dah da dum dah dah!!!"

Ok, back to our regulary scheduled thread.

Now we're posting pictures, I'll have to see if I can take some decent ones of my memorabilia...it's not a station agent badge or PotC prop (grumble, grrr) but I am proud of them.

Comment

Not really Disneyland specific, but it is Disney. I have one of the Epcot coins that they gave out while Epcot was still under construction.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I have a faux door hinge from the castle, the Tomorrowland side. I did not take it, but I have it.
        The oldest souvenir I have that I bought new is the 1977 Disneyland Souvenir Guidebook. The oldest souviner that I have bought as an adult is a Disneyland candy dish from 1955.
        Last edited by bearride; 10-22-2007, 10:03 AM.
        sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
        Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a disneyland map, its huge and I can not find a frame to fit it. I have to have a special one made. I bought the map for 1.00 at a garage sale

Comment

Here is what the 'treasure' looks like. So far it has shown no signs of the 'curse':

Comment

Those are great swabby! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                Here is what the 'treasure' looks like. So far it has shown no signs of the 'curse':

maybe it's a mental curse?

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

I have that railroad brocure too.

I have an early edition of the Tom Sawyer Island map. It is pre 1959 because it notes that the treehouse is the highest point in the park!
                  The Mur

Comment

I have a salt and pepper set my mom bought the first time she went to Disneyland, before i was born, in 1971. She gave them to me years later because she knew I would appreciate them. They are in mint condition. They are shaped like little bells and hand painted with 14 kt gold accents. The Salt has the stylized castle logo on it, and the Pepper has a stylized picture of the carrousel on it. I have no idea what these are worth. But i love them, and they are my most prized possesions.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

themur--I also have that Tom Sawyer Island map. It's my most treasured Disneyland goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by themur View Post
                        I have that railroad brocure too.

I have an early edition of the Tom Sawyer Island map. It is pre 1959 because it notes that the treehouse is the highest point in the park!
                        The Tom Sawyer's Island map is probably from 1957. My brother has the same one. Notice how you used to be able to fish there.
                        One of my earliest memories of the Park was being one my father's shoulders in the treehouse and him saying that we were at the tallest place in Disneyland.

Comment

I have a MM glass bank from the 1950's. I also have individual tickets for the rides from Camp Fire Girl days back in the early 1970's.

Comment

My mom has her old ticket books along with Disneyland LPs.

As for me, I have a t-shirt from the 70s one of my cousins gave me. Also my old Mickey ears and Donald duck hat (the one with the hard, plastic bill) Oh, oh....and my beloved Haunted Mansion pop-up book!
                            Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

my mikey mouse hat

Comment

Originally posted by updawg View Post
                                my mikey mouse hat
                                Would that be Mickey's cousin?

just joshin' ya, welcome to Mice Chat!

Comment

A pennant from the 80s.