• updawg
    replied
    Re: What's your oldest Disneyland Souvenir

my mikey mouse hat

Leave a comment:

• MaleficentFan
    replied

My mom has her old ticket books along with Disneyland LPs.

As for me, I have a t-shirt from the 70s one of my cousins gave me. Also my old Mickey ears and Donald duck hat (the one with the hard, plastic bill) Oh, oh....and my beloved Haunted Mansion pop-up book!

Leave a comment:

• sydney
    replied

I have a MM glass bank from the 1950's. I also have individual tickets for the rides from Camp Fire Girl days back in the early 1970's.

Leave a comment:

• Lynn, Renaissance Woman
    replied

Originally posted by themur View Post
    I have that railroad brocure too.

I have an early edition of the Tom Sawyer Island map. It is pre 1959 because it notes that the treehouse is the highest point in the park!
    The Tom Sawyer's Island map is probably from 1957. My brother has the same one. Notice how you used to be able to fish there.
    One of my earliest memories of the Park was being one my father's shoulders in the treehouse and him saying that we were at the tallest place in Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

themur--I also have that Tom Sawyer Island map. It's my most treasured Disneyland goodie.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyChrisDotCom
    replied

I have a salt and pepper set my mom bought the first time she went to Disneyland, before i was born, in 1971. She gave them to me years later because she knew I would appreciate them. They are in mint condition. They are shaped like little bells and hand painted with 14 kt gold accents. The Salt has the stylized castle logo on it, and the Pepper has a stylized picture of the carrousel on it. I have no idea what these are worth. But i love them, and they are my most prized possesions.

Leave a comment:

• themur
    replied

I have that railroad brocure too.

I have an early edition of the Tom Sawyer Island map. It is pre 1959 because it notes that the treehouse is the highest point in the park!

Leave a comment:

• Junthor
    replied

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Here is what the 'treasure' looks like. So far it has shown no signs of the 'curse':

maybe it's a mental curse?

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

Those are great swabby! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• fo'c's'le swab
    replied

Here is what the 'treasure' looks like. So far it has shown no signs of the 'curse':

Leave a comment:

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied

I have a disneyland map, its huge and I can not find a frame to fit it. I have to have a special one made. I bought the map for 1.00 at a garage sale

Leave a comment:

• bearride
    replied

I have a faux door hinge from the castle, the Tomorrowland side. I did not take it, but I have it.
    The oldest souvenir I have that I bought new is the 1977 Disneyland Souvenir Guidebook. The oldest souviner that I have bought as an adult is a Disneyland candy dish from 1955.
    Last edited by bearride; 10-22-2007, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Not really Disneyland specific, but it is Disney. I have one of the Epcot coins that they gave out while Epcot was still under construction.

Leave a comment:

• Goofy Daddy
    replied

I know this is slightly off topic but I can't get the image out of my head of Steve on a slow day, bored at home, flashing his badge and creating his own theme music..."Steve G, STATION AGENT!! dah da dum dah dah!!!"

Ok, back to our regulary scheduled thread.

Now we're posting pictures, I'll have to see if I can take some decent ones of my memorabilia...it's not a station agent badge or PotC prop (grumble, grrr) but I am proud of them.

Leave a comment:

• Opus1guy
    replied

If you were to ask my honey what her oldest Disneyland souvenir was...she would say it was me.

Leave a comment:

• MarenBoBarren
    replied

My oldest thing is my mickey mouse stuffed animal that my grandparents bought in the 70s and gave to me when i was born in 88'

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

Dated 1954. I bought it from the original owner who received as a promotional thing at some railroad event. I bought it 4-5 years ago and I wish I'd have kept his email explaining where it came from. Bah.

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    So far I think Steve is winning. Can't beat 1955. The cup on the right is...I'm going to guess 1967-69 somewhere, and the cup on the left is obviously from 1976 during the bicentenial.

I'm hoping to see some more photos!
    I have this book as well of that year and the same graphic on a drinking glass of America on Parade.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X