Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trekkie Dad's Oct 12-14 Trip Report with assorted Mice Chatters and a "hidden mickey"

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaryAnn in Wndrlnd
    replied
    Re: Trekkie Dad's Oct 12-14 Trip Report with assorted Mice Chatters and a "hidden mic

Woo hoo! Fun pics!

Leave a comment:

• quiltmaker
    replied
    Re: Trekkie Dad's Oct 12-14 Trip Report with assorted Mice Chatters and a "hidden mic

Great report TD. It was great seeing you two again. Hope to see you when you're down in March.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
    Time to reveal the location of the "Hidden Mickey"

Spoiler
    It's located early in the Roger Rabbit queue on the floor to the left. There is a railing that keeps you from stepping on it. The shadow is probably from the my camera phone, as the "manhole cover" is dimly lit from above.
    I never would of known since I rarely go on Roger. The times I go, I go through the fastpass since I know people who works Roger.

Leave a comment:

• DonDuck
    replied

Nice report and meet pics!

Leave a comment:

• mousercise
    replied

Great report

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Time to reveal the location of the "Hidden Mickey"

Spoiler
    It's located early in the Roger Rabbit queue on the floor to the left. There is a railing that keeps you from stepping on it. The shadow is probably from the my camera phone, as the "manhole cover" is dimly lit from above.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    No butt shots? MaryAnn In Wonderland's husband should be flattered!

Anyway it was nice seeing you again. I hope you got your glasses fixed!
    Judimouse managed to get the lens reseated, and it has stayed in since. I totally forgot to drop by Kaiser optical while I was getting my flu shot.
    Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    :judge: I said no candids, oh my gosh!!!!
    Was great spending time w/you and Trekkie mom!
    Candids are what I do best! Can I help it if you just happen to be in the frame?

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

:judge: I said no candids, oh my gosh!!!!
    Was great spending time w/you and Trekkie mom!

Leave a comment:

• tinkermonkey
    replied

Then we headed for Space. Here I am again, trying to look cool in my lanyard and sunglasses.

Trekkie Dad without a hat? I wouldn't have actually known it was you in the picture if you hadn't said so! You got the cool down though!!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

No butt shots? MaryAnn In Wonderland's husband should be flattered!

Anyway it was nice seeing you again. I hope you got your glasses fixed!

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Well, I only have a couple pictures left to show, but we still did quite a bit after dinner. Pirates (of course), Pooh (they sent my hive through twice), some did HMH. We got in Pinocchio before it closed for fireworks, but the others closed before we could get on. Here's our little wooden friend at the exit.

Then we had a run on the Matterhorn and stood in line for Nemo. We boarded our sub just as the fireworks started, and we could see flashes of light from them during the first part of the ride.

After that, Jimmie was ready to call it a night, but I talked her into using our FPs for Space. Unfortunately, it was down, so she left, and I rejoined the group. We rode Buzz, Star Tours (should have seen Stacie), Jungle Cruise, HM (not sure what order any more) and got in a late show at the Tiki Room (lots of singing going on). It wasn't quite midnight, so we dashed over to Big Thunder, but it was already closed.

Still, we managed to fill a boat with 12 of us on Pirates just before midnight. Afterwards, we talked about how noisy it would be staying in the "dream suite" and sauntered down Main Street. Doom BGI had to buy a few DL clothing items to "represent" in WDW. That's pretty much it.

One last picture. Outside Buzz, I got a shot of Mary Ann in Wndrland's hubby attempting to juggle.

The end. (sorry, no butt shots)

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Nice trip report thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    Ooooh ooooh, I see the hidden Mickey. I also see the shadow of C3PO down at the bottom left corner. Where did you run into him?

And just how many plates of garbage did Matt eat last weekend?

Great trip report TD!
    It's a shadow, but not of C3PO. If you are hinting the HM is in Star Tours, you are a long way off.

You'll have to ask Matt about the garbage yourself. Better yet, just give him your leftovers at lunch tomorrow! I'm sure he'll know what to do with them.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    That's Chris, aka CMPaley! He's there every Sunday!!

I sure do miss you guys!! hope you don't forget about me!!
    Originally posted by aashee View Post
    AKA the Pope of Churros. Famous for his most pious stance and churro consumption.
    And was it him I saw wearing the same headgear standing behind a counter in DCA on Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

I've taken a photo of that Hidden Mickey before, too. I agree that it's too...different to be a mistake. Don't worry, I won't spoil the secret of its location--you can share that when you want to.

Leave a comment:

• Princess Buttercup
    replied

Ooooh ooooh, I see the hidden Mickey. I also see the shadow of C3PO down at the bottom left corner. Where did you run into him?

And just how many plates of garbage did Matt eat last weekend?

Great trip report TD!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post

AKA the Pope of Churros. Famous for his most pious stance and churro consumption.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Does anyone recognize this dude? He kinda looks familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

The Noon Meet.

We had a good number for the noon meet. It was hard getting TheRockr to look at the camera. Here he is with Morrigoon.

Here are the trip reports from TheRockr and Morrigoon.

Does anyone recognize this dude? He kinda looks familiar.

Here's Jimmie, Judimouse, and TheRockr (again looking away). Several people (including a HM CM) admired Jimmie's shirt.

Superstacie! (with Doom BGI and TheRockr recognizable in the background.

Stacie didn't post a trip report, but she did contribute to Matt Hamand's. There are some great pictures there.

Here's Disney1978 getting rabbit ears from (uh, Dontbecheekin?). Next to her is Matt's lovely wife, Quiltmaker.

Lunch was at Pizza Port. Here are some pics:
    The Hamands

Deogee's Mom and Darkbeer.

Well, that's enough of lunch. The group split up for a while. Jimmie cut me loose so she could shop and I could hang out with the single riders that were meeting at two in this location:

The Pearly Band came marching through.

But soon we were off to see MOO. Judimouse was our hostess.

MOO stands for "Marine Observation Outpost." It's a small theater that plays the Finding Nemo show without having to crawl down the ladder into a submarine (or wait two hours).

Doom BGI asks, "Where are we going now?"

It seems this group cannot get enough of iasw.

Hey, Jack, what's with the hoodie?

That reminds me--NeverNeverland has a report, too.

After iasw, we took a much needed "natural break", but when I came out, everyone had left except Judimouse. I called Matt and found everyone was headed over to DCA to "look at Candy Corn Acres. Judi decided to go home, so she cut me loose, and I hoofed it over to the entrance hoping to catch up. But somehow I managed to get there ahead of some of them.

There was a "show" (if you want to call it that) going on at Candy Corn Acres, so we lingered there a while before heading to the animation building to see the Zoetrope. There are no pictures or video that can do it justice, but here's a couple of attempts by me.

StitchTT6 kneeling at the altar:

OK, this isn't mine, but I found this on YouTube. It's a fairly decent video of the Zoetrope on tour in London:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=hMBoJq6IgFE

We split into two groups. I went with the group that learned to draw Tigger. The others rode Monsters Inc. When we reunited, I was informed we were having dinner at the Plaza Inn. I called Jimmie and invited her to join us. We had barely digested lunch, so we ordered kids meals. Jimmie also got a side salad, and I got a slice of apple pie to share. Still, it was cheaper than lunch.

Looks like Matt listened to his mom when she admonished him to clean his plate. Now it appears he's cleaning everyone else's plate, too.

The Hamands split after dinner, but Jimmie and I continued with the group. As it got darker, I took very few pictures. I'll wrap it up in the next installment.

Leave a comment:

• Trekkie Dad
    replied

Well, Sunday was really the big day for us, starting with getting to the park before it opened. Looks like we were not alone:

And the crowds started to gather behind us:

But we got in soon enough and headed straight for Space Mountain. I decided to slip on my hat just before the camera flash. Looks like it worked.

And then we did a few more rides before breakfast. And look who we found. Judimouse!

She's having a healthy breakfast, I might add. (Hey, Judi, I had the apple/granola pancakes, too!)

And after we were seated, who should come by but Matt Hamand? He and Adam were on their way to the Matterhorn. (Quiltmaker was there, too.) No pictures now, but you'll see them again later.

But we still had plenty of time to kill, before the first meet of the day. So we headed for Big Thunder

and spent some time on the Mark Twain. Here are some of the shots:

And for those of you pining for the "canoe boys." I think this was probably the first canoe of the day. Several in the back weren't paddling.

Then it was another ride or two (Jungle Cruise??) before the noon meet. That comes next.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X