This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another DCA makeover thread: Soarin'

A couple of day ago I read in a local paper that Imax is developing digital projectors - ones that won't need those giant rolls of film in the projection booth, thus allowing longer movies rather than the average 45-50 minute long Imax movie. This will allow mainstream movies to be shown on the Imax screen in their entirety rather than edited. The new projectors are supposed to be ready sometime next year.

This got me thinking, will Soarin' be upgraded with these new projectors? (as part of the DCA makeover?) Will Disney perhaps lengthen the ride movie?
    Discuss.

Re: Yet another DCA makeover thread: Soarin'

I think making easy to change the destination would be a plus with the digital technology. We could get a holiday make over "soaring to meet Santa Clause"

Comment

Yeah, I've never liked the fact that Disneyland is always in it's christmas makeover, I know that is the time it looks most beautiful but to have it in the ride all year kinda annoys me.
      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

uh... maybe?

EDIT: What they should do is 3D

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
          uh... maybe?

There will already be too much 3-D in the park:

It's Tough to be a Bug!

Mickey's PhilharMagic

Toy Story Midway Mania!

That's quite enough.

If you wanna see California in 3-D, just get hopped up on something and walk outside, lol.
          "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

And don't forget, Midway Mania will be 3D, and
            it's expected that the upcoming update to Star
            Tours will also use, sigh, 3D.

That's why HM, Pirates, and Indy are so popular ~
            They are all IN real 3D ~ the kind where you don't
            need to use those darn glasses!
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I didn't realize IMAX technology was limited to 40-minute presentations. In cases such as the IMAX release of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, then, does the movie exist as two or three sequential filmstrips?

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                uh... maybe?

Would impact the cycle times during crowded days.

It's hard enough for them to keep up with the glasses cleaning now as it is without a high throughput ride like Soarin'

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                  A couple of day ago I read in a local paper that Imax is developing digital projectors - ones that won't need those giant rolls of film in the projection booth, thus allowing longer movies rather than the average 45-50 minute long Imax movie. This will allow mainstream movies to be shown on the Imax screen in their entirety rather than edited. The new projectors are supposed to be ready sometime next year.

This got me thinking, will Soarin' be upgraded with these new projectors? (as part of the DCA makeover?) Will Disney perhaps lengthen the ride movie?
                  Discuss.
                  I saw Night at the Museum, 300 and Transformers in IMAX and they were all the full length feature.

Comment

And while I look forward to the switchover to Digitial IMAX.

Disney will NOT make the film longer, as if they do that, then the capacity per hour for the attraction will decrease, and currently it has a major wait most of the days the park is it at least somewhat busy.
                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Soarin' has low enough capacity as it is. Making the film longer would only decrease that capacity. They would have to build more simulators to break even and those things are huge. A 5 minute presentation is reasonable enough.

Comment

Clearer quality, updated final scene and better scents. That's all we really need.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                          Yeah, I've never liked the fact that Disneyland is always in it's christmas makeover, I know that is the time it looks most beautiful but to have it in the ride all year kinda annoys me.

How do you think the folks at WDW feel about it? hahahahah

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                            I think making easy to change the destination would be a plus with the digital technology. We could get a holiday make over "soaring to meet Santa Clause"

Hahaha lol this thread is already making me laugh.

Comment

Having seasonal movies would be a great idea. Have four different variations, or holiday versions. Imagine a Halloween Soarin' that's done to Night on Bald Mountain and your flying around with the ghosts.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X