This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier Hotel sight lines

Has anyone heard/seen any info or concept art for the Paradise Pier Hotel?

The structure is such a prominent sight line when you enter the west side of DCA.
    Since they added all of the metal cutout decorations to make the old Pan Pacific Hotel match the current look of DCA (especially on the roof), it doesn't really fit with the new victorian look the are going for.

Now the hotel kind of blends in with all the contemporary stuff in the park (orange stinger, maliboomer, and all the contemporary metal cutouts on screamin).

Do you think it will still look good with the new theme or stick out like a sore thumb? Will it get a face lift? Any thoughts?

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel sight lines

I hope it gets redone and pushed back a hundred feet in the process.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I hope they do something in Paradies Pier to keep the powerlines, Convention Center and Paradise Pier Hotel out of sight.
      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

While WDI has presented ideas for the PP Hotel, it is not a priority for Disney now. Disney is focused on the Grad CA DVC, adding a 4th hotel and fixing up the DL Hotel. if the PP Hotel changes, it won't be for a while.
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Good point. PPH would look weird if done in a Victorian style though as there are not too many tall buildings that are done specifically in that style. There were some tall buildings in New York and places during those days though so maybe re-doing the PPH in that style whatever it is would be better.

As for the Anaheim Convention Center and power lines. I think not much will be done west of California Screamin'. But I think Carsland will have some faux mountains lining its perimeter, much like the hills around ToonTown. So that should block things out when it comes to that area.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X