This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalking YOMD White Vests

I was at the park yesterday with my son and we were headed into Frontierland as I spied YOMD mouse ears being handed out on the small trail between Frontierland and the Big Band dance stage in Carnation Gardens. I turned into the gardens and was about 30 feet away and closing in from the people handing out ears when one of them looked at their watch and promptly zipped their bag and walked off.---- Ohh so close to getting ears, but so far! (approx. 30 feet far):beg:

Re: Stalking YOMD White Vests

D'oh! At least you saw them though. (I have yet to.)

Comment

Ooh, I got close once too. I saw them open their duffel bags and start handing things out on a pathway near the Mark Twain. My boyfriend and I tried to hustle over there, but they were done within a minute! I think theyw ere just giving lanyards though, nothing cool like Dream Fast Passes

Comment

I'll take anything they give away. I'm always behind a big group and I try to join their group to get whatever they are handing out but I still have not received anything from the Dream squad.

Comment

It's random for a reason.

You really shouldn't be stalking them (and then wonder why AP'ers get a bad name with CM's?).

lol, wow.
          -Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
            It's random for a reason.

You really shouldn't be stalking them (and then wonder why AP'ers get a bad name with CM's?).

lol, wow.
            Agreed. Especially with the fastpasses, they're told a time to be at a certain place - say, the exit of Big Thunder - and at that time, they give away a specific number to the next X number of people getting off the attraction and that's it. I've seen guests run to get ON a ride they weren't going to ride already just to try to get through in time for the dream squad. Chances are if you stop trying so hard, it'll come to you on it's own (the way it was intended)
            "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

we were getting off Mailboomer last week and we got some Dream Fast Passes.... the line for maliboomer was only a few people long, so we got back ON the ride again and scored some more fast passes for the rest of our group..

Wrong?

maybe.. I felt bad for a bit
              All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

Taking advantage of the fun by stalking is cheating and selfish...but hey thats just me...
                You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Well Disney could really make it more fair by random distribution
                  of 1st entrance to either park for each day, that would give everyone
                  a fair and equal chance. But the way Disney chose to distribute it in
                  different places at designated times, they are just asking for people
                  rushing and racing to get their "prize", once it's discovered where
                  the prize patrol is at.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

stalked with success... stalked w/o success. ) Though stalking isn't the right term, technically....
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Oh gosh, everyone was doing that during our stay. You'd see one person walking with dream ears, and suddenly everyone was rushing.

While my son and I were on Dumbo (a ride it turns out I don't like, but DH was tired of going on it), I saw a woman who hadn't gone on the ride to wait with her sleeping child suddenly appear in a different spot from where she had been with dream ears. I noticed a stream of them, and saw the Team behind Dumbo. While going around in circles I caught DH's eye and pointed them out. He went over with the stroller, and approached them just like everyone else was, and they wouldn't give him ears b/c he had to have his family with him (they wouldn't even give HIM a pair), which was, of course, not true, b/c the woman with her kid had 4, and 2 of her party were on the ride with us. Very odd.

That was our only stalking experience, though, and pretty much the ONLY time we saw the Team during our 7 days there. Sigh.

Comment

You have to be with a group of people to get a dream come true or what?
                        Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                          Well Disney could really make it more fair by random distribution
                          of 1st entrance to either park for each day, that would give everyone
                          a fair and equal chance. But the way Disney chose to distribute it in
                          different places at designated times, they are just asking for people
                          rushing and racing to get their "prize", once it's discovered where
                          the prize patrol is at.
                          But then people would be lining up outside the gates for ages....how is that fair or random?

Also, to the person who said they got back on maliboomer... I have seen people go to guest relations to get dream fastpasses for the rest of their group who weren't with them - you are supposed to do that for future info.

Comment

Originally posted by angeladlr View Post
                            But then people would be lining up outside the gates for ages....how is that fair or random?

Also, to the person who said they got back on maliboomer... I have seen people go to guest relations to get dream fastpasses for the rest of their group who weren't with them - you are supposed to do that for future info.

No, the lines for the gates wouldn't be lined up "for ages".
                            They could simply handle it the same way they did for the 30th
                            or the 35th DL Birthday prizes. Upon each individuals 1st daily
                            entrance into either DL or DCA, you would receive a ticket that said
                            if you were a winner or not.

Or it could be handled the same way that the Honda Auto Daily
                            give away was done a couple years ago ~ everyone was received
                            a scratch and win ticket. That way everyone that enters the park
                            has an equal chance at winning. Then you don't bother with forcing
                            to try to randomly distribute prizes, cause it just cant be done fairly
                            that way ~ it' becoming quite obvious where certain places are that
                            are more likely to hand out these "dream" prizes.

And yes, the "Dream Fastpasses" are problematic, too. THAT is also
                            because of the TYPE of prizes they are issuing. If the prizes were
                            done like the 30th and 35th, it worked just fine ~ with the types of
                            prizes Disney gave away, it wasn't expected that everyone in an
                            entire party would get the prizes, if they got one at all. With the
                            Dream Fastfast, it gives the entire party a sense of entitlement,
                            even only one or two were choses to be winners. So instead
                            Disney Guest Services has to Break the rules of their own contest
                            in order to give out those who feel a sense of entitlement. What a
                            crock!

The whole Dream Give away method is flawed in so many ways!
                            And that IS EXACTLY WHY it should go back to the methods that
                            had worked previously.
                            Last edited by Aladdin; 10-20-2007, 11:15 PM.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by RumRunner31 View Post
                              Chances are if you stop trying so hard, it'll come to you on it's own (the way it was intended)
                              Hasn't ever happened to me on it's own and I've been to DL twice this summer! I never saw the dream squad. I will SO stalk them in Dec when we're there again for a week! :lol: I have NEVER tried, and that didn't work, so, this time....the stalking will begin!!!!!

Comment

Here's my philosophy on the YOAMD: I'm not going to win jack diddlysquat.

This really helps because I'm never disappointed or jealous.

Then in 10 months, I'll happily pay the higher price for renewing my AP knowing that the extra cash is going towards that giveaway from which I won't win jack diddlysquat.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

I don't know if this is considered "stalking," per say, but when my partner and I were over at California Adventure earlier this year we were about to go into the Bakery when I noticed out of the corner of my eye the Dream Squad! I grabbed Robert by the bicep and yanked us out of line. I speed-walked over to them and got us some dream fastpasses!

We didn't use all of them, but it was nice being able to go to an attraction whenever and not have to worry about getting there at a certain hour. The lanyard with the rest of them is hanging nicely on our bedroom wall.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                                    Here's my philosophy on the YOAMD: I'm not going to win jack diddlysquat.

This really helps because I'm never disappointed or jealous.

Then in 10 months, I'll happily pay the higher price for renewing my AP knowing that the extra cash is going towards that giveaway from which I won't win jack diddlysquat.

-- PMM
                                    Hilarious theory!!!!!!! :lol:

Comment

I didn't realize that posting a missed fortune would make me a maleficient.
                                      Maybe I should have not used the word "stalking" and just said YOMD White Vests so as not to fray nerves? I just thought it would be nice to have a pair of YOMD ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy74 View Post
                                        I was at the park yesterday with my son and we were headed into Frontierland as I spied YOMD mouse ears being handed out on the small trail between Frontierland and the Big Band dance stage in Carnation Gardens. I turned into the gardens and was about 30 feet away and closing in from the people handing out ears when one of them looked at their watch and promptly zipped their bag and walked off.---- Ohh so close to getting ears, but so far! (approx. 30 feet far):beg:
                                        That's so funny because we won Dream Fastpasses in that exact same location two weeks ago. It must be a favorite spot for the Dream Squad.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X