This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blue Whale in Finding Nemo

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone else disturbed by the presence of teeth on the "blue whale" which swallows us in the sub voyage. Blue whales have "baleen", a brushlike substance to filter little fish. They don't have teeth. In the the movie Marlin is seen flinging himself against the baleen in an effort to escape from the whale.

I bring this up to CMs at the ride but I get blank stares.

Your thoughts?

Re: The Blue Whale in Finding Nemo

Real fish don't blink or talk, either. Since when is Nemo shooting for a realistic approach?

True, it's a Pinocchio-esque whale, but it sets up the "swallowed up" gag best. If it didn't look that way, most submarine voyagers wouldn't get it.

Comment

The original idea for that scene was to go along the side of the whale, to show how big blue whales were.At one point you would have eye contact with the whale's giant eye! But that was unfortunatly changed and now you get swallowed and you see black space.

I also don't like how you get "blown out" without feelilng any movement in the sub.

Comment

Oh My God! that's exactly what i thought when i saw that!!

Comment

I asked one of the imagineers about that and said "It's a happy hungry whale that has a cold, not a blue whale."
          It's time for Din Din.

"Happiness is a Low Water Level"

Comment

Monster is a blue whale and has teeth in pinocchio. You waited until this ride to get bothered by it?:P If anything, it's Disney keeping continuity

Comment

You see blue whales but you happen to get eaten by a whale that is not a blue whale. I don't see the problem here.

By this logic all the fish in Finding Nemo should only be clown fish.

Comment

noone else finds it interesting that a whale can swollow a submarine?
                sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by obelix View Post
                  I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I searched and found nothing. Is anyone else disturbed by the presence of teeth on the "blue whale" which swallows us in the sub voyage. Blue whales have "baleen", a brushlike substance to filter little fish. They don't have teeth. In the the movie Marlin is seen flinging himself against the baleen in an effort to escape from the whale.

I bring this up to CMs at the ride but I get blank stares.

Your thoughts?
                  The blue whale has an excellent dental policy that is included in his Disney health care package. The policy covers tooth implants as the surgery is considered a means of making food more palitable and not just strictly cosmetic. It really is something to spout about.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                    Monster is a blue whale and has teeth in pinocchio. You waited until this ride to get bothered by it?:P If anything, it's Disney keeping continuity
                    You mean, Monstro The Whale?

Come on, people!! It's Disney!!! It doesn't have to make sense!! :lol:

Comment

*shrug* I don't mind.

I do enjoy the hungry hippo explanation. You can learn a lot from Disney - the eating capabilities of toothy whales...to watch out for wiggling ears and bubbles when faced with hippos...and that birds make some of the best entertainers. Authenticity only survives to a certain extend in imagination.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                        True, it's a Pinocchio-esque whale, but it sets up the "swallowed up" gag best. If it didn't look that way, most submarine voyagers wouldn't get it.
                        I've wondered if many submarine voyagers get the whale gag anyway. It's funny, but without any shaking or rumbling in the sub, it's poorly executed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                          *shrug* I don't mind.

I do enjoy the hungry hippo explanation. You can learn a lot from Disney - the eating capabilities of toothy whales...to watch out for wiggling ears and bubbles when faced with hippos...and that birds make some of the best entertainers. Authenticity only survives to a certain extend in imagination.
                          Well put, Miss Christine. The world should put far less emphasis on being perfect - and more on being perfectly zany.

Comment

Well, it's a cartoony whale. Which fits wonderfully in Tommorowland. Becuase in the oceans of tommorow, whales will be cartoony?
                            Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                              Well, it's a cartoony whale. Which fits wonderfully in Tommorowland. Becuase in the oceans of tommorow, whales will be cartoony?
                              Absolutely! The way things are going, the future for all of us is kind of sketchy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X