This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinkerbell in Fireworks

I was at the park this past Friday for my friend's birthday, and we got a really good spot for the fireworks. She was excited to see Tink, so we made sure we had a good view of the wire and the castle. But there was no Tink at all! Can someone give me some facts about the fireworks Tink? Is there only one or two people who have that job, and if they can't make it, there's just no Tink? At what point in the show does she usually do her thing (it's been a while since I had a view of her)?

It made me kind of sad. We're AP holders, so we can go back too see her anytime we want (well, maybe not once the Christmas show starts), but there were a lot of little boys and girls sitting on their parents' shoulders talking about how excited they were to see Tinkerbell. Some of them didn't understand why she wasn't there, and some of them might not be going back anytime soon! Gosh dang it, why are fairies so unreliable?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Re: Tinkerbell in Fireworks

I usually go on Sundays and I haven't seen Tink in a month or so.

Comment

Hmmm... that's odd. Tink was there tonight for the fireworks. I think it's very rare that she doesn't appear.

She flies towards the beginning and the end of the show.
      Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yeah, she was missing last Sunday too.

Comment

I am guessing someone didn't let Tink out from her jar!!

Comment

I asked a CM afterwards if he knew why she wasn't there, and he just joked that she was sick! I guess they don't inform people when something like that is missing; I can imagine several people would've asked where she was though, with all the "When's Tinkerbell?" and "It's time for Tinkerbell!" chatter I heard.

Comment

thats so weird, mabye the person who does Tink got fired? well youtube helpshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibxCo_IGfs this one is the best fireworks vid that iv'e seen.

Comment

She wasn't flying either on Sunday, 10/7. on my last day as an AP. The real reason is that it could be too windy for her to fly, she might lose control.

Comment

If it's too windy for Tink, then it's probably too windy to even shoot off fireworks, but that's just me thinking.

I too feel bad for those families who are there looking forward to seeing her fly. The show really isn't the same without her; she's such a magical part of the show and is simply enchanting.
                  MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

she's such a magical part of the show
                    yeah, and a historical part at that! they've had a flying tink in the fireworks for so long; i think that's one of the reasons it's so much more special than any other big budget fireworks show.

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                      If it's too windy for Tink, then it's probably too windy to even shoot off fireworks, but that's just me thinking.
                      Maybe it's too windy for Tink, but windy enough to cancel the fireworks. The wind has to go a certain speed in a certain direction to make the fireworks cancelled.

Comment

Is it possible to be windy at lower altitudes and not windy at higher altitudes?
                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                          I was at the park this past Friday for my friend's birthday, and we got a really good spot for the fireworks. She was excited to see Tink, so we made sure we had a good view of the wire and the castle. But there was no Tink at all! Can someone give me some facts about the fireworks Tink? Is there only one or two people who have that job, and if they can't make it, there's just no Tink? At what point in the show does she usually do her thing (it's been a while since I had a view of her)?

It made me kind of sad. We're AP holders, so we can go back too see her anytime we want (well, maybe not once the Christmas show starts), but there were a lot of little boys and girls sitting on their parents' shoulders talking about how excited they were to see Tinkerbell. Some of them didn't understand why she wasn't there, and some of them might not be going back anytime soon! Gosh dang it, why are fairies so unreliable?
                          I heard that Tink had one the Year of a Million Dreams contest, and spent the night in one of the new rooms in the park last Friday.
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Is it possible to be windy at lower altitudes and not windy at higher altitudes?
                            Possibly.............. the weather works in strange ways!!!

Comment

Just you NeverNever mind! As with Peter Pan, Wendy remains the same at any altitude.

Comment

Exactly. Just as it can be windy at higher altitudes and not windy at lower altitudes. Tink doesn't fly if it's too windy or too warm. Basically, the weather predicts Tink's flight patterns.
                                sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kriskitty22 View Post
                                  Exactly. Just as it can be windy at higher altitudes and not windy at lower altitudes. Tink doesn't fly if it's too windy or too warm. Basically, the weather predicts Tink's flight patterns.
                                  The weather also determins how many embers that Tink needs to dodge.

Comment

I stand corrected.

C'mon Tink, learn to be more tolerant to variable weather!!!
                                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by kriskitty22 View Post
                                      Tink doesn't fly if it's too windy or too warm.
                                      Why not too warm?

Comment

I stand corrected.

C'mon Tink, learn to be more tolerant to variable weather!!!
                                        :lol:

She has stars in her eyes, and variable weather is incidental.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X