This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been four days...

I know it's only been four days...and this is planned for a span of five years, but when is construction going to start!? It was said in another thread but it's true: this is really going to be a five year long Christmas Eve. I don't know if my heart can take it!
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Re: It's been four days...

i think we also have to wait for Disneyland to get that revemped HM after the HMH overlay

Comment

construction has already begun..

The toymania has been started for some time.
      All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

yeah but i mean...that's like outside of the 1.1 billion. when does this money start being spent?
        You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

Well, after the Halloween Season, Golden Dreams has no other reason to stay open. It's not like there is an added Holiday element in December. So, maybe they can at least start gutting that building and preparing it for The Little Mermaid.

The rest, unfortunately, may have to wait until this busy Holiday season comes to an end.
          "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

There was an article in the paper about how they're starting the revamp slowly now but its gonna pick up in 2008...
            sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

The lagoon will be drained in January sometime last I heard. Other major construction will begin soon after the holidays as well. The GCH has already started its construction project.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Junthor View Post
                construction has already begun..

The toymania has been started for some time.

Midway Mania is not part of the official revamp. Its just an extra bonus.
                Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  The lagoon will be drained in January sometime last I heard. Other major construction will begin soon after the holidays as well. The GCH has already started its construction project.
                  World of Color, along with Toy Story Midway Mania, is a seperate project.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                    Nevertheless, it is still one of the features soon coming to DCA that was officially announced four days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                      Oh, World of Color wasn't in the 1.1 Billion estimate?

Now I really want to know where the money is going to!
                      2007 Photos:
                      http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                      More 2007 Photos:
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                      2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                      http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                      2006 Photos:
                      http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                        Oh, World of Color wasn't in the 1.1 Billion estimate?

Now I really want to know where the money is going to!
                        We've been over this, the $1.1 billion is part of a ten year plan. What has been announced is only a portion of the plan for the next five years.

Comment

Originally posted by FloggingMorgy View Post
                          I know it's only been four days...and this is planned for a span of five years, but when is construction going to start!? It was said in another thread but it's true: this is really going to be a five year long Christmas Eve. I don't know if my heart can take it!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X