X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datameister
    replied
    Re: WE're booked and a few questions

Not a problem, Data, sometimes I take myself too seriously.
    Hey, you too?

Leave a comment:

• hirohito
    replied

Not a problem, Data, sometimes I take myself too seriously.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Sorry for my post. It's just that if you try to find Blue Bayou by the enterance to Pirates, you won't find it. Just trying to be helpful, not technical. Now I see how you are. No contridictions and things are fine, right?
    No, no apology necessary, dude. I'm just being anal. And you're right that the entrance to the Blue Bayou is next to Pirates of the Caribbean's exit, which is all most people need to know. I totally meant my post as a joke, okay? No hard feelings?

Leave a comment:

• hirohito
    replied

Sorry for my post. It's just that if you try to find Blue Bayou by the enterance to Pirates, you won't find it. Just trying to be helpful, not technical. Now I see how you are. No contridictions and things are fine, right?

Leave a comment:

• Junthor
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Okay, you wanna get technical, punk? Blue Bayou and the first half (and last sixteenthish) of Pirates of the Caribbean are located in the same wedgwood green building, with a bluish roof that sports numerous unmagical air conditioning systems. Blue Bayou is located directly above part of the lower grotto and arsenal scenes; the former is still near the ride's beginning, and the latter is from the ride's end. The exit path for the ride snakes past the restaurant, next to the entrance to the restaurant. The building that holds both of these contains everything in Pirates from the loading zone to the Davy Jones tunnel, and then the arsenal scene and final lift.

Yeah. That's right. Pwned.

And welcome to Micechat!:yea:

I would have just said a little both of both actually

Leave a comment:

• iTS a SMaLL WoRLD_
    replied

Go to Disneyland.com and click on calendar. Then enter your entr/arrival days and a itinerary will pop up giving you the show schedule and what rides will be up/down. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Originally posted by ROBONICS95
    See!! Now there's a dining experience you just can't pass up!
    Tee hee. Hirohito, I hope you understood that I was just messing with you, although everything I said was true.

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
    Okay, you wanna get technical, punk? Blue Bayou and the first half (and last sixteenthish) of Pirates of the Caribbean are located in the same wedgwood green building, with a bluish roof that sports numerous unmagical air conditioning systems. Blue Bayou is located directly above part of the lower grotto and arsenal scenes; the former is still near the ride's beginning, and the latter is from the ride's end. The exit path for the ride snakes past the restaurant, next to the entrance to the restaurant. The building that holds both of these contains everything in Pirates from the loading zone to the Davy Jones tunnel, and then the arsenal scene and final lift.

See!! Now there's a dining experience you just can't pass up!

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

One little correction: Blue Bayou is where Pirates of the Caribbean exits, not the start.

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

1. I guess it depends on whether you would like to stay within the park itself or venture into Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney- I think the Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and Napolini would be a few options for both the younger and older crowd.

Disney's California Adventure- Wine Country Trattoria

Disneyland- I 100% agree with Datameister, Blue Bayou would be the preferred choice for over all experience and value.

Hotels: I think Storytellers Cafe and Steakhouse 55 offer a unique atmosphere and an acceptable dining experience

2 & 3: I agree with Datameister. Although, doesn't Disney only schedule those performances for weekends of the slower seasons?

4. Toy Story Midway Mania is not scheduled to open until Summer of '08. The new monorail is rumored to be arriving by the end of the year. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 10-21-2007, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hirohito
    replied

One little correction: Blue Bayou is where Pirates of the Caribbean exits, not the start.

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied

Woo hoo! Congrats! Disneyland is so much fun, be it your first time or your hundredth. (Okay, I haven't been a hundred times, so I don't know for sure...but I have no intention of getting bored of the place!)

1. Blue Bayou. It's got incredible atmosphere. It's located in the same building as the beginning of Pirates of the Caribbean. Make reservations and enjoy a fabulous meal in what feels very much like the back yard of an antebellum Louisiana mansion at night, with fireflies flitting about and boats of people floating gently through the dark bayou. Absolutely wonderful, and the food ain't bad, either.
    2. Mid-March crowds shouldn't be too bad, I don't think. Not the most popular time for visits. You should be able to see most of the things you want, though a go-with-the-flow attitude is key for enjoying a trip to Disneyland.
    3. I'm not sure, but I think you'll have numerous opportunities to see both.
    4. I dunno about when these projects are going to be done, unfortunately.

Have a great trip! If you've got other questions, you know where to ask 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    started a topic WE're booked and a few questions

WE're booked and a few questions

Great news, my family just booked out first ever Disneyland vacation!
    We will be using the Southern California Citypass and are spending two days in San Diego prior to coming to the Disneyland Resort. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and have three days to spend between the two parks.
    We will be at the Disneyland Hotel from the 17-21 of MArch so unfortunately no Sunday noon meets for us. But I do have a couple of questions

1. If we could have one nicer sit-down meal, where would you recommend? I have two kid brothers so certainly not the fanciest place on property but above average

2. What are the crowds like mid-March? Will we get to see most of what we want?

3. We want to see Fantasmic! and Remember, but we won't be in the parks on any weekends, will we have to pick and chose, or do these shows play every night during that time of year usually

4. Will Midway Mania be complete by then or will construction be ongoing during March? How about the new Monorails (This isn't euper important to us, but I'm curious all the same)
    Thanks in advance

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X