This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOC Walk & IASW!

My day started off at 3:30 am so I could grab a quick shower, pack some things and be out of my house at 4:30 am to get to the DLR and attend CHOC Walk. I have to admit at first I thought getting to the park by 5 am was nuts, but it turned out we got a perfect place in the CHOC Walk - thanks Judimouse and Grumpy4 for organizing this whole event ... which turned out to be a blast ... even with the little sleep I got!

I had to walk to the park from Mickey & Friends, and this is where I came across the end of the walk ... at 5 am!

DisneyIPresume leading the way into Main Street.

Waiting to walk ....

Ed Grier shows up ... so it's almost time to start!

Ed was holding one of those great fans Judimouse made ... but I was too late to get a picture of him using it ... so here's my best shot.

Right when we got our chance to start walking the path I ran up to Ed and asked to get my picture taken.

OMG!!!! STITCH!!!!

And ... who's that ... OMG!!!! ED!!!! (again this time with DisneyIPresume)

Here's our own HauntedMansionMike and The Forbidden Eye in a George Lucas moment. HMM turned out to be VERY popular, and made the entire walk with his outfit on!!!

Jungle Cruise brings you the backside of water ... but I bring you the backside of Space Mountain!

After running into our Storm Tropper we decided it would be safe to follow him around.

Even at 8 am ... IT'S TOO EARLY FOR CHEERLEADERS!!!

Once this was over DisneyIPresume and I decided to crash in the Grand Californian Lobby while waiting for the noon meet ... where wackiness ensued. Unfortunately we weren't able to get together with Judimouse in time for breakfast before the meet ... so we went on Space Mountain!

After lunch at Rancho Darkbeer thought it would be great to torture ourselves by riding IASW. I figured I needed the nap ... so what the heck. Thankfully cmpaley was there to bless me before entering this cursed cruise.

MONKEYS!!!

MERMAIDS!!

Finally ... THE END!!!

At this point I was ready to pass out, so we headed to the Toon Town station and boarded the E.P. Ripley ... and got the lucky chance to have the caboose all to ourselves!

DisneyIPresume, missmonkey, cmpaley, rex22, DLForever (not pictured ... me and Deogge's Mom). It was a nice relaxing trip to end the day with!

Re: CHOC Walk & IASW!

Fantastic pics Liz!!!! I know you guys are exhausted from the day so thanks so much for getting some photos up for us to look at!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

You think cheerleaders at 8AM is difficult. Try 5AM in front of the La Brea Bakery when you haven't had your morning cup of coffee yet!

I had a blast with you and everyone else! It was a truly fun event! Ed seemed to be popping up all over the place. I don't know how he did it but we kept seeing him!

Oh and you missed it -- you were too busy looking at your pictures -- but Ed Begley, Jr. stopped in front of us in the Grand Californian lobby for a little while. Oh well.

Great fun!

Comment

Great pictures and good job on the walk.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, boy, I made it into a trip report!

It was nice seeing you again and meeting everyone today. CHOC Walk sounded fun. Awesome pics and I'm glad you stayed awake long enough for the noon meet.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
            Ed was holding one of those great fans Judimouse made ... but I was too late to get a picture of him using it ... so here's my best shot.

I bet he threw it away afterwards.

DisneyIPresume, missmonkey, cmpaley, rex22, DLForever (not pictured ... me and Deogge's Mom). It was a nice relaxing trip to end the day with!

Hahaha, :lol:!! That's funny!! Awwwwwwwwwwww, rex, dontcha look cuuuuuuuuuteeeeee.

Comment

TikiRoomLiz, you were out of the house by 4:30am? Yikes! You CHOC walkers are a dedicated bunch!!! Thanks for sharing your trip report and pictures. I loved seeing HauntedMansionMike in that costume. And the caboose photo is really cool. It makes me want to ride the caboose now. LOL! Thanks again for posting this report and all your pictures so quickly.

Comment

I like your Space Mountain picture. It made me giggle.

Great pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by missmonkey View Post
                  Oh, boy, I made it into a trip report!

It was nice seeing you again and meeting everyone today. CHOC Walk sounded fun. Awesome pics and I'm glad you stayed awake long enough for the noon meet.
                  It was a nice surprise to see you and hang out for a bit too. I have to admit even though I was tired it was hard to leave the group ... MiceChat meets are always so much fun!

Comment

We are appalled! We were not in proper Churroian Pontiff form for this picture. And with Our mouth open and and expression on Our face! We are not amused!
                    Pontifex Maximus Imperius Churroius
                    My use of the title Churro Pope is in no way intended to mock the sacred office of the Pope. As a Catholic I hold the Papacy in the highest regards and pledge my filial obedience to the Supreme Pontiff.

Comment

Originally posted by cmpaley View Post
                      We are appalled! We were not in proper Churroian Pontiff form for this picture. And with Our mouth open and and expression on Our face! We are not amused!
                      I know! I missed taking a picture on IASW while you were waving at the train ... that would have made a great shot!

Comment

i love those mermaids, thanks, was just thinking about them today!

Comment

Cool Liz!
                          HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                          "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

sorry we missed the meet. We were there until about noon, but then our room was ready so we took off to the GCH

Comment

Loved it Liz thanks for sharing

Friends for life

Comment

Fun report! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Bah! The one time I don't go after the lunch you guys get to ride Lilly's caboose. Thanks for the highlights Liz. Fun Schtuff.

Chad

Comment

Excellent report! Loved the googly eyes on the white rabbit. Who took out their eyeballs?
                                    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                                    Words hurt.

Comment

Great Pics! I had a great time with you all yesterday!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Great pics Liz!! Good to see and walk with you yesterday! Glad you had a good day.
                                        Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                        FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                        I bring the magic!!!
                                        "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                        Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                        Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X