This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Status in California and DL Fire Impacts

Is the park still open and fun right now during the fires? Anyone from the area know if it would be worth it to go to Disneyland today?
    Last edited by Villains Fan; 10-31-2007, 08:30 PM.

Re: How is the Park during the Fires?

I don't think the fires are close enough to affect the operation of the park itself. The air quality is horrible, though.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

The quality is horrible here in San Diego too. I can sit here and breathe in ash, or I do it while having fun at Disneyland! I wonder if there will be characters out.. I was hoping to meet some Villians at Golden Screams

Comment

The majority of the smoke is blowing over Irvine, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach -- a little more towards the south and southeast.

This isn't saying that Anaheim isn't entirely smoke free. The Santa Anas shift so much it is entirely possible that the resort may get covered by some smoke and ash to a lesser extent.

However, the Santa Ana's are fierce today and if you can avoid the resort please do so. I was there yesterday and some gusts were strong enough to nearly knock you over, and the dust and branches flying through the air too. I almost got hit in the eye by flying debris many times.

I would wait until tomorrow or the day after...

Comment

Everything goes as normal. Fires are too far away to worry the Resort. Now, you may see POD without show stops, but that's about it.

Comment

Also when I was there yesterday some of the Halloween decorations were getting blown away, mainly the orange, red, and yellow banners.

I would expect more decorations being effected again today.

Comment

Well, Big Thunder was closed most of the day yesterday due to wind issues.

The main problem, debris in the air passes thru sensors, which makes the computer think there is a "phantom" train in a zone where it should be, and the computer shuts down the ride for safety concerns.

As mentioned above no show stops in the parade, they don't want to raise the floats, and there are some safety issues with the perfomers on the ropes.

Fireworks and Fantasmic! were also cancelled due to the winds.

Of course, the Zepher over at DCA is not offered due to the winds.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
                The quality is horrible here in San Diego too. I can sit here and breathe in ash, or I do it while having fun at Disneyland! I wonder if there will be characters out.. I was hoping to meet some Villians at Golden Screams
                Getting here will be the problem, as will getting home.
                Otherwise, it should be a good day to go.

Comment

I'm still going to try and go today. My boyfriend got the day off from work since we were planning in going anyways. There is nothing to do down here in San Diego, so we might as well brave the winds and have fun at Disneyland. I don't care about the Parades, seen 'em before. And Fantasmic wouldn't be running during the week anyways. If I get a few rides in of any kind I'll be happy. This is my last chance to go during the Halloweentime so I want to take advantage of it.

Comment

Have fun! Make sure to wear sunglasses since it will keep most of the dust out of your eyes, and take some of those baby wipes too to wipe away the dust from your face. Came home yesterday from a day in the park and had dust in my hair, ears, eyes and mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                      Fireworks and Fantasmic! were also cancelled due to the winds.
                      See? Even Mother Nature hates Fantasmic.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post

But she loves splash mountain.

Comment

Yesterday, you could really smell the fires, esp. later in the day. The worst part is the horrible wind, which makes dirt and dust fly everywhere. It was fun seeing my sour cream end up with little black dots on it :botox:

I'd be more worried about the wind than the fire.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                            bah ha ha...I guess I'm in good company.

:lol:
                            Last edited by HeyBaloo; 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM.
                            Hello everyone!

Comment

Fox 11 just reported the smoke is drifting west from the fire now. My co-worker's mother lives in Santa Ana and they said it is starting to get smoky there now. I wouldn't be too surprised if it is somewhat smoky at Disneyland right now, just so you all know.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X