Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the work start at DCA?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When does the work start at DCA?

    Is it still slated to begin this January when the Holidays are over? I can't wait to see them start tearing it all up.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-22-2007, 07:05 PM.

  • #2
    Re: When does the work start at DCA?

    now
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: When does the work start at DCA?

      What?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: When does the work start at DCA?

        technically it has started with the construction with midway mania, but the rest I believe is to be gin late 08 or early 09 to avoid the peak seasons
        You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: When does the work start at DCA?

          Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
          I believe is to be gin late 08 or early 09 to avoid the peak seasons
          That seems like a very late start.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: When does the work start at DCA?

            it is, but with this amount of work...they better take their time
            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: When does the work start at DCA?

              Then why would they announce it a year and/or more in advance that they're doing all these changes if it isn't happening until late 2008 to early 2009??? Makes no sense. Can we get confirmation?
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                Then why would they announce it a year and/or more in advance that they're doing all these changes if it isn't happening until late 2008 to early 2009??? Makes no sense. Can we get confirmation?
                SunCal...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                  I would believe they announced the news when they did to allow the news set in and travel a bit before the walls go up and catch people off guard...
                  You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                    To quote Al Lutz from one of his newer articles..

                    They'll simply shut down the DCA main entrance, wall the whole thing off, and create a temporary entrance and exit facility nearby. Once the construction walls go up after the busy Christmas season, a temporary entrance gate will be opened up just to the east of the current turnstiles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                      sounds good to me....
                      You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                        Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                        To quote Al Lutz from one of his newer articles..
                        That's what I was thinking too because I read his article as well.
                        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                          well in that case perhaps they'll have some walls up to showcase the construction when they open midway mania...
                          You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                            The new entrace construction starts in the spring i believe.
                            WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                              the new entrance is going through stage 17 I believe thats what Al said, so is everyone going to be allowed backstage...I wonderhow they are going to fix that enigma
                              You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                                The Entrance and Route 66 areas are first on the major list.

                                But work starts next month in the Hollywood Backlot area near Monsters, Inc. More than likely to prepare for the secondary entrance that will be next to the attraction.

                                But I think that after January 6th, 2008 will you see what we all want... Bulldozers!
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                                  Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                                  The Entrance and Route 66 areas are first on the major list.

                                  But work starts next month in the Hollywood Backlot area near Monsters, Inc. More than likely to prepare for the secondary entrance that will be next to the attraction.

                                  But I think that after January 6th, 2008 will you see what we all want... Bulldozers!
                                  YES!!! That's what I wanted to hear Darkbeer. Are they going to tear all that stuff out in the Route 66 area at the same time as the entrance area?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                                    Well, the new "9,000 person viewing area" for the World of Color lagoon show needs to be done by Summer of 2009, when the show is supposed to open. So yes, it is a priority.

                                    I expect much of the Route 66 area to be behind refurb walls in 2008. No need for Golden Dreams, it has no real effect on crowds, as it doesn't bring in large crowds. SO close it down and start on Little Mermaid, as for the rest of the area, tear it down and start on the new stuff
                                    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: When does the work start at DCA?

                                      Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                                      Well, the new "9,000 person viewing area" for the World of Color lagoon show needs to be done by Summer of 2009, when the show is supposed to open. So yes, it is a priority.

                                      I expect much of the Route 66 area to be behind refurb walls in 2008. No need for Golden Dreams, it has no real effect on crowds, as it doesn't bring in large crowds. SO close it down and start on Little Mermaid, as for the rest of the area, tear it down and start on the new stuff
                                      My thoughts exactly.

                                      Comment

                                      Get Away Today Footer

                                      Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X