This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Cast Member?

I know there are alot of cast members in the resort like myself, and alot of us try hard to make a special conection with our guests. Is there a special cast member you remember because of what they did for you or how they treated you?
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Re: Special Cast Member?

No............
    Har har har

Comment

yup! Nancy on POTC she was really nice and helped DiSnEyFrEaK21 and i when we were in the handicap line (she tore her ACL a some weeks before). She always had a smile on her face and was really cheery! And there was this Alan C. who has been our waiter at Cafe Orleans EVERY time i go there! I dont think he recognizes us...than again...after seeing what kinds weird characters we can be...i wouldnt want to recognize myself. hehe There are sooo many more CMs that have made my trip special over the years, but I've since forgotten some of their names. I remember their faces though and would be able to spot them right away.

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
      For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Too many to name!!!

All from Buzz Lightyear. Briane, Jolene, Ed, David, Micheal, Justin, Neil, Janet, Marita, Aaron....

I've got a lot more.... but I can't name em all...
        Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
        www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Aww...Aaron. He makes everyone's day brighter.
          sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

I love having Aaron as a lead, and there is a reason he got Lead of the Year at mouscars.

Comment

Brian Butler at the HM stays in character better than anyone I've seen. He's been at POTC as well and plays the part there excellent too. BRavo to the CMs that know how to keep the magic alive.

Top notch CM.

Comment

Patric and jake.they rule

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

[WARNING - HEATED REPLY]

Yes - every single cast member that is trying their best, despite the blatant opposition to them in doing a good job by both management and guests who may not appreciate them for the service they provide.

Those cast members who make eye real contact, those who give a genuine smile, those who still believeanything about the caliber of folks they are now hiring for the park? The same people who 5 years ago would not even be given an interview, because they didn't match the 'Disney look' or fall under the 'Disney Guidelines', are not only given interviews with that very same, and unchanged look - they are being hired as fast as they can get them through the doors.

That being said, the turn-over rate at Disneyland (employee-wise) is still ASTOUNDING. They can't hire people fast enough - it just goes to show, that people are people and people (regardless of what 'look' they may or may not comply with) and need to be treated with at least some degree of care and respect from their employer.

If people are not happy - they will continue to leave and find other places that will give the under-valued, under-paid people in most cases a better wage, with better benefits and treatment in general.

Sure, Disney may be okay for now, but they are only looking at the short-term dollar. What happens when they finally hit the breaking point of always being short-handed, due to cast members walking off the job due to all of the things that they are doing, and not doing to cast members.

The cast members who cared, who wanted to do and did a good job are no longer there. They are flushing them out like hunting dogs flushing out fowl. All to save a few measly bucks that really don't need 'saving'.

The Great Depression it has been said, will be repeated in the future, is this now starting to creep up on all our doorsteps? Is it too late for larger companies to reverse the decay that has been set in motion? Will honor ever be put back into the work place?

Only time will tell...
                  sigpic

Comment

dustin and i absolutely enjoy Danielle from HM and PotC. after noticing us riding HM 5 times in a row, she started talking to us and telling us a bit of the stories/history of the HM, every time we came thru the queue she would tell us another tidbit. she even took time after clocking out for the night to chat with us a bit more.

even though we're out of staters and only get to the park about 6 times a year, she ALWAYS recognizes us and takes the time to talk with us when our paths cross.

she's awesome
                    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                    Originally posted by pratt55
                    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Top of the list would be Tony, the Carver at Goofy's Kitchen.

He always says Hi, remembers our names, takes the time to have a short conversation, and treats us to "special" cuts of the evenings' delicacy.

Comment

Brian (Bryan?) at POTC. I saw him outside the entrance, providing helpful yet entertaining information to numerous guests in a fun West Country accent. Wish I'd complimented him at City Hall...

Comment

Rod Miller, the ragtime piano man at Coke Corner! Every time my Aunt and I would see him, he'd look right at us with a smile that could light all the lightbulbs on Main Street and greet us like we were dear long-lost relatives. Not sure if he could possibly remember all the faces over the years (he graced that piano bench for three decades!), but each and every time he saw us he made us feel like we were the special VIP that Walt intended every guest to be. Not only was he absolutely amazing in playing all those great tunes at dizzying speed, but he was moreover one of the most friendly and gracious person I'd ever met -- in or outside of the Park. He had an "aura" of feel-good, positive energy that was so contagious and really gave everyone around him a real zip-a-dee-doo-dah vibe! I always remember him saying, "I should pay them [Disney] to do this!" He really got into and enjoyed his job. I play the piano also, and the thing that always astounded me was how he could be ripping through some Joplin rag and simultaneously having a genuine conversation with you! He's retired now and hopefully is enjoying good health and at least a small return of the great happiness he brought to so many of us. And for as long as I go to Disneyland, the piano at the end of Main Street will always belong to Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            Brian Butler at the HM stays in character better than anyone I've seen. He's been at POTC as well and plays the part there excellent too. BRavo to the CMs that know how to keep the magic alive.

Top notch CM.

A BIG AMEN for sure! It's always so obvious when a CM is all about the magic and hopefully they know who they are.
                            keep calm and carry on...

Comment

all of the cast members deserve special recognition. you all do a heck of a great job. everytime I come to the disneyland resort I always have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by BCC View Post
                                Too many to name!!!

All from Buzz Lightyear. Briane, Jolene, Ed, David, Micheal, Justin, Neil, Janet, Marita, Aaron....

Know her, don't know, don't know, name seems familiar, don't know, probably a different "Justin", know him, know her, know OF her, definitely know him!!

Originally posted by NemoRanger View Post
                                I love having Aaron as a lead, and there is a reason he got Lead of the Year at mouscars.
                                Before he was a Lead, he was a trainer!!

OT: I would also would like to share this:

Scheduling called me REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY eary to open up Buzz since someone forgot to schedule openers.
                                Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 10-23-2007, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Absolutely! The first one is Tony who worked the Vacation booth over in New Orleans Square back during the 50th Anniversary. We talked to him for well over an hour about all things Disney. He actually made one of my DL dreams come true; Company D.

The second is Joe. Joe is awesome! He is the sweetest man I have ever met. I love visiting with him when we visit the parks. He makes me feel so happy, so good about everything. He, too, does kind things for us. He is wonderful!

There is another but I can't remember her name. She was working Steak House 55 back in May; she's a waitress. We had just arrived in Anaheim that morning and went here for breakfast. The place was pretty empty. This lady spoiled us rotten! It was great! The best waitressing we have ever had anywhere.

There is also Shannon who does tours. This gal is one of a kind. She is the best tour guide we have ever had (we have done many tours). She's an absolute doll. And let me say...she knows her Disney(land). Lot's of fun she is.
                                  "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

I have had a lot of neat experiences with CM's but i can't say any names or tell because I can't remember:unsure: but here's a cool guy; Oscar,the head chef of the Carnation Caffe, who has been working at DL since 1956(the longest employed person at DL) : I haven't met him though...or been to the Carnation Caffe:shy:

Comment

Originally posted by BCC View Post
                                      Too many to name!!!

What about Jessica? Actually, i think she spends a majority of her time at space now.

Comment

Jessica? Hmm.....I think I know a Jessica....I'll go see if she's at Space...I haven't seen her in a while...so I forgot to name her...Bad me!

EDIT: Ahh yes! I remember her now!

Anyways, I got a few more to add...

Jessica, Crissi (Now on dream team..I've seen her around w/ her dream uniform on), Jared, Tom, Tasha Rene and Danni. I see Danni a lot, but we never said hi hehe.

These all used to work at Buzz. And Briane I hear is training for the dream team. That's what she told me.

And someone who doesn't work at Buzz: Phillip. He works in Greetings. I used to go to school with him.
                                        Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                                        www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X