This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA vs. the real thing

with all this talk about paradise pier I was wondering if anyone had pictures of the real deal. Including piers across CA and many of the land marks in CA.

I'll start with the lick pier...

Re: DCA vs. the real thing

i have pictures somewhere of santa monica somewhere around here....
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Here is an old Black and White of the Carthay Circle:

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
      An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

what a place for a theatre on a pier

Comment

Originally posted by IMAGINE View Post
          what a place for a theatre on a pier
          The theatre wasn't on a pier. And it won't be on one at DCA, either.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

the hollywood pier no?

Comment

the carthey is absolutely beautiful. and I dont think it was on the beach. more Hollywood.

Comment

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?

Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

I like the second picture, it's just reassures me that the little mermaid will do well in PP

Comment

Thats right. People should remember that just because TLM might not fit THEIR particular idea of a pier ride doesn't mean that such a ride does not exist.
                    Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                      Thats right. People should remember that just because TLM might not fit THEIR particular idea of a pier ride doesn't mean that such a ride does not exist.
                      exactly! just because normal peirs aren't disney quality parks dosn't mean they don't have dark rides...about mermaids... and plus don't alot of peirs in CA have like mermaid influenced chalk drawings on the road or pavement/sidewalk?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                        exactly! just because normal peirs aren't disney quality parks dosn't mean they don't have dark rides...about mermaids...
                        I don't see any dark rides in that second picture. "Neptune's Kingdom" is apparently not too grandiose, featuring such mundane amusements as "Miniature Golf, Games, Restaurant, Pool."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                          I don't see any dark rides in that second picture. "Neptune's Kingdom" is apparently not too grandiose, featuring such mundane amusements as "Miniature Golf, Games, Restaurant, Pool."
                          OK i was wrong but it still works in theming to what I said IMO

Comment

With the muddled themes springing up around the park, Iit appears that the only vestige of true Disney theme park design will be the entry. Once past that, you will once again be in Universal Studios Anaheim.

If the imagineers are attempting to give the park some emotional soul, they had better look closely at that entry plaza, and follow its design principles through the rest of the park.

Comment

There are dark rides on the boardwalk, although Neptunes kingdom is an Arcade/themed miniature golf/resteraunt. The whole place has a mermaid/pirate/ocean theme, and in my opinion any mermaid style story fits in perfectly with an ocean style boardwalk setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                                Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?

Oh...

Now I know the look they were going for. Before seeing this, Paradise Pier just looked kind of weird. Now it makes a little bit more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

"Neptune's Kingdom" may not be a dark ride but it is still themed around Mermaids and sea lore proving that the concept is not unknown at boardwalks in California. It actually a VERY well themed miniature golf course, one that could very well be compared to a classic Disney dark ride.
                                  Siggy siggy sig sig.

Comment

Not exactly a pier, but here's the Long Beach Pike circa 1940's.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                      Oh...

Now I know the look they were going for. Before seeing this, Paradise Pier just looked kind of weird. Now it makes a little bit more sense.
                                      My, and my father's, first thoughts walking through Paradise Pier were "This is just like Santa Cruz." It felt like Disney did to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk what so many amusement operators have done to Disney, poorly copy.

Comment

Oh please...The Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk is a scummy, dirty, gross 'park' in a dangerous neighborhood (and on the nastiest stretch of beach in Northern California). All of the attractions are run of the mill, and it's in constant disrepair.

Please tell me how Disney 'poorly copied' the Boardwalk?

Again, we have another case of a posters personal opinions regarding theme clouding their ability to judge something objectively. I have been to both SCBB and Paradise Pier MANY times, and Disney has successfully captured the spirit of the Boardwalk, while cleaning and polishing it up to Disney standards.

If you don't LIKE the boardwalk theme, that's fine, some people do, but to claim that Disney 'poorly copied' the SCBB is a gross mistatement of fact.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X