Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re-forming DCA's name and marketing-ideas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re-forming DCA's name and marketing-ideas?

How about The Park of a Million Dreams? Or with the money they're spending, A Billion Dreams.

Comment

There is one other option: have it all be one park called Disneyland

1) have the railroad encompass the entire thing/run it through the hotel (it will look great).
      2) remove the alcohol (I've met some angry drinkers in DCA)
      3) use the space in between as a new land, I nominate "liberty junction" a take on Liberty Square, make a hall of presidents and have there be a loading area for the Main Street carriages and Pacific Red Cars. Maybe have a package pickup building that you can send your souvenirs to and pick up and the end of the night.
      4) No more park hoppers, and you spread some of the crowds in Disneyland to DCA territory because, heck, it's available to them now. Spread people out better.
      5) enlarge the tunnels under Main Sreet Station, one is exclusively for the carriages.

But unless we do this, I want a generic, good sounding name that takes in everything. Disneywood, Disney Adventure, Disney Extreme (ok, that one sucked), Disneypark, etc.
      "It was worth it if you learned something."

Comment

Disneywood....I lol'd!

Comment

Originally posted by seasnake View Post
          There is one other option: have it all be one park called Disneyland

1) have the railroad encompass the entire thing/run it through the hotel (it will look great).
          2) remove the alcohol (I've met some angry drinkers in DCA)
          3) use the space in between as a new land, I nominate "liberty junction" a take on Liberty Square, make a hall of presidents and have there be a loading area for the Main Street carriages and Pacific Red Cars. Maybe have a package pickup building that you can send your souvenirs to and pick up and the end of the night.
          4) No more park hoppers, and you spread some of the crowds in Disneyland to DCA territory because, heck, it's available to them now. Spread people out better.
          5) enlarge the tunnels under Main Sreet Station, one is exclusively for the carriages.

But unless we do this, I want a generic, good sounding name that takes in everything. Disneywood, Disney Adventure, Disney Extreme (ok, that one sucked), Disneypark, etc.
          I hope that never happens-look at WDW,they're succesfull in having several parks and after all of the 1.1 billion is spent, DCA should be able to justify as its own park and not a Disneyland afterthought.

Comment

The Golden Kingdom?(kidding)
            look at my signature,it's the new resort logo!

Comment

Disneydream, just south of Disneyland

Still not feeling it, will later I'm sure.
              "It was worth it if you learned something."

Comment

Disneylot.

Comment

"Come to the new Disneylot during the 5th year of a million dreams!"(YOMD music in background and disneyparks logo with a castle and Grizzly mountian above clouds)

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                    My only problem with giving it Walt's full name is that it is a park he had nothing at all to do with as far as design and themeing and implementation. I don't know, just doesn't feel right to me naming it after him. Part of the fear is what if they screw up and it bombs. Now we have a failure of a second gate with Walt's full name on it...yeeeesh.

How about "DCA v2.0" for that modern tech-world name? hehe
                    I think that being just phase one, it should probably be DCA v2.0 beta. By the time of it's final release in 2012, it would probably be DCA v3.0. Then they can up the versions as they add attractions to the park.

Comment

I think that if Walt's name is to go on a specific theme park it should be Disneyland. It was once nicknamed the Magic Kingdom long ago.

Change the name of the resort to Walt Disneyland.
                      Change the name of Disneyland Park to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.
                      Change the name of the magic Kingdom in Florida to Roy Disney's Magic Kingdom.
                      Change the name of DCA to Disney's We didn't know where to put it so we threw it here west.
                      Change the name of MGM to Disney's we didn't know where to put it so we threw it here east.
                      They can name the facility where they take care of all the garbage after Eisner.

Sorry. I just couldn't come up with a catchy name for DCA. Disney's Hollywood adventure I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                        He may not have had much to do with the actual park itself, but it is being redone and themed as the world he lived in. I'm ok with it having his full name. I really like "Walt Disney's California" or even Disney's California. Short, simple and fairly powerful.

As for the modern tech flavored name, I'd make one minor alteration: DCA v2.0 b.

Comment

Breaking News! The new name for Disney's California Adventure has just been announced! The other parks are getting new names as well.

Magic Kingdom - DisneyPark 1
                          Epcot - DisneyPark 2
                          Disney-MGM Studios - DisneyPark 3
                          Disney's Animal Kingdom - DisneyPark 4
                          Disneyland - DisneyPark 5
                          Disney's California Adventure - DisneyPark 6

DisneyParks 1 - 7, Where Dreams Come True!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            Breaking News! The new name for Disney's California Adventure has just been announced! The other parks are getting new names as well.

Magic Kingdom - DisneyPark 1
                            Epcot - DisneyPark 2
                            Disney-MGM Studios - DisneyPark 3
                            Disney's Animal Kingdom - DisneyPark 4
                            Disneyland - DisneyPark 5
                            Disney's California Adventure - DisneyPark 6

DisneyParks 1 - 7, Where Dreams Come True!
                            what's 7?

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                              what's 7?
                              One bigger than six. But Disney customers are too stupid to notice the lack of seven parks at either resort.

Comment

Comment

whats a more specific word for adventure?

Comment

I'd prefer something shorter and easier to say.

Like,
                                    CaliDisney
                                    or
                                    Waltifornia
                                    sigpic

Comment

How about "Disney's ImagiNation" just drop the California part and make it nationwide. Didn't like that one, how about "Walt's Disney". If you did not like those two how about "Lasseter Land".

Now Marketing Ideas:
                                      Disney's ImagiNation - We Export Fun like the new Tower of Terrorism
                                      Walt's Disney - California the way it was suppose to be!
                                      Lasseter Land - The Park next to Disneyland

Comment

How about just making it "Walt Disney's California Adventure."

Comment

Buldozerland.
                                          Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X