Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

re-forming DCA's name and marketing-ideas?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: re-forming DCA's name and marketing-ideas?

With the exception of the Little Mermaid (that takes place in Denmark), why not just "Disney's America"? They kind of seem to be heading to a generic America adventure-type park. Maybe, maybe not?

Comment

I don't know. Calling it "Disney's California" makes it seem the state of California belongs to Disney. Why not incorporate the word 'golden" in it. This is the Golden State after all.

This is just throwing out names (brainstorming)

Disney's Golden Horizons
      Disney's Horizons
      Disney's Adventures in Time
      Disney's Golden Adventures
      DisneyGold
      DisneyImagine
      Disney's SunshineRoad
      Walt Disney's DiscoveryBay
      Discovery Bay
      Disney's GoldenBay

or

Disney's California Adventure Park.

As far as I know, more than half of the park will still keep to the California theme. The Grizzly Peak area will virtually go untouched. Hollywood will stay the same, but will eventually go to the 1920s decade. The park is just getting a really big extreme makeover; much like Tomorrowland in the 1970s and 1998; much like Fantasyland did 20 years ago; and the last time I checked both "lands" kept their name. So why is it that we half to change California Adventure's?

Comment

Disneywood
        Disneypark
        Disney Acres
        Disney Country
        Disneybeach
        Disneynation
        Disneygardens
        Disney Estate
        Disneyplace
        Disney Adventure
        Disney Encounter
        Province Disney
        Disney Experience
        Disney planet
        "It was worth it if you learned something."

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
          How about just making it "Walt Disney's California Adventure."

i was just thinking about this name last night when i lying in bed and was about to post it but it looks like somebody beat me to it but i think they should change it to Walt Disney's California Adventure Park.

Comment

Changing the name really won't solve a thing, or thematically excuse the mish-mash of attractions housed within DCA. It's reverse-engineering at its worst, IMO: we'll just change the theme to fit the attractions. I think it should either stay DCA, with an expansion on theme to accomodate the Gold Rush and Bear Flag Revolt and then, subsequently actually build CA themed attractions (this being the preferrable solution, IMO), or theme should be done away with, and whatever the hell the public clamors for will be installed inside the gates. No half-measures, or thematic alibis--just amputation; the amputation in question here being the CA theme itself. To me, the name of the Park itself is a trifling concern.

Comment

I'd call it Harvey. Harvey, Disneyland's forgotten neighbor.

Comment

I am a DCA fan, but I'll admit that I never really understood the rationale behind putting a park about California IN California.. I realize Walt once wanted it to be a land within Disneyland, which makes a whole lot more sense than making a whole park out of it...
                But that's beside the point. Out of all of the options listed, I like Disney's California. I think Disney's California would put a different spin on the park. Taking adventure out of the title makes it seem like "ok, this is DISNEY's concept of California" so they can justify all of the pixar stuff.....
                <3 Chloe

Comment

How about 'Walt Disney's California Adventures'?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                  HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                  ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                  FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

I think any Disney park name should involve a general concept, in the vein of exploration, or the future, or exoticism, instead of some oddly specific mention of a freaking state.

I don't see how "Disney's California" would fix anything. I know California has a very rich past, but so does Italy and that manages to only be a fraction of Epcot.

They've backed themselves into a corner, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                      I think any Disney park name should involve a general concept, in the vein of exploration, or the future, or exoticism, instead of some oddly specific mention of a freaking state.

I don't see how "Disney's California" would fix anything. I know California has a very rich past, but so does Italy and that manages to only be a fraction of Epcot.

They've backed themselves into a corner, I guess.
                      California isn't just any state.

It's a place that directly relates to all that The Walt Disney Company is.

Comment

How about Walt's True Life Adventures!?????ANY ONE?

Comment

What about a park about the West? not nessasarily California but about the west side of America? Or they could just make it the America park because Paridise Peir and the grizzly area could be anywhere. and that could justify Cars land(not actualy taking place in CA)

Comment

There's not a damn thing wrong with California serving as subject matter for a second gate at Disneyland.

Conceived and executed well, the park could be great.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                              California isn't just any state.

It's a place that directly relates to all that The Walt Disney Company is.
                              Doesn't cut it in my opinion. If it had been a studio park I could see your argument, because animation and film are such a vital part of Disney that they arguably deserve their own park, but the state where it all happened? Please. It's like making a park that recreates everything Walt did in his life, and where he went and how he got there. It's completely inane.

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Adventure. How about that...

Comment

This may be a bit difficult to print of the guidemaps.

"Disney's First in a String of Disappointing Theme Parks" Park

Comment

Doesn't cut it in my opinion. If it had been a studio park I could see your argument, because animation and film are such a vital part of Disney that they arguably deserve their own park, but the state where it all happened? Please. It's like making a park that recreates everything Walt did in his life, and where he went and how he got there. It's completely inane.

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Adventure. How about that...
                                  Main Street, U.S.A. is semi-autobiographical. An entrance to Disney's California that is the same would establish dramatic unities between the two parks. Walt Disney is the archetypal California dreamer, but he certainly isn't alone. Disney's California should be a museum of living facts that focuses on the stories of these idealistic dreamers who were drawn to this seemingly unreal place. The park should also be a community center where California can be at home and where California can host its guests.

Walt Disney laid the blueprints for Disney's California with his own words and with his conception of Main Street, U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                                    Main Street, U.S.A. is semi-autobiographical. An entrance to Disney's California that is the same would establish dramatic unities between the two parks. Walt Disney is the archetypal California dreamer, but he certainly isn't alone. Disney's California should be a museum of living facts that focuses on the stories of these idealistic dreamers who were drawn to this seemingly unreal place. The park should also be a community center where California can be at home and where California can host its guests.

Walt Disney laid the blueprints for Disney's California with his own words and with his conception of Main Street, U.S.A.
                                    That's not a good basis for a park at all. I do like this West Coast version of an Ellis Island-type story, but that's maybe enough for the entrance of the park, like Main Street over at Disneyland. It's still no park, in my opinion.

Walt Disney's California could have made a wonderful entrance, come to think of it. But it should lead to other journeys, other locales, other realms.

Comment

That's not a good basis for a park at all.
                                      Walt Disney used many of those words as a basis for Disneyland, itself.

The only really limiting aspect of the original concept was the contemporary setting. So, instead, I'd like to see the park encompass the past and future of California, in addition to the present.

Comment

We did a thread like this a little over a year ago. Prophetic No?
                                        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X