This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to Disneyland today?

How was it? The plan is to still fly down this thursday and be at Disneyland Sat and Sun. I'm hoping things will be back to normal as much as possible. and airports working as normal.
    I love Disneyland Resort!:blush:

Re: Anyone go to Disneyland today?

disneyland is great today. very hot and very little people. most rides are almost walk on. it is still pretty windy, but all the "pixie dust" in the air is gone.

Comment

I don't know that I'd enjoy a day in the park today. Too hot. At least, it's too hot where I am, an hour or two away.

Comment

unfortunately the air quality will be still fairly bad.

Comment

When is the last time it rained down there?
          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
            It rained a couple of weeks ago.....but certainly not enough to do anything other than make your car look dirtier than it really is.

Comment

A little less than two weeks ago.

Comment

im sure that rain will be back.

Comment

How hot is it? Here in Monterey it is been a scortching 70. In Monterey anything above 75 and that is a heatwave! I am origanally from a city just east of Pasadena called Duarte, and so I understand the whole hot thing.
                  Dave

Comment

80s 90s

Comment

That seems a bit warm for this time of year. I work in Monterey and live in Hollister which is a bit inland from here and my wife said, she needed to turn on the heater at around noon today. Hopefully soon you guys will get some of our Norhern California weather.
                      Dave

Comment

That seems a bit warm for this time of year. I work in Monterey and live in Hollister which is a bit inland from here and my wife said, she needed to turn on the heater at around noon today. Hopefully soon you guys will get some of our Norhern California weather.
                        That would be nice. There was a cold streak for a day or two and I actually got to wear a turtleneck sweater.....

Comment

good luck to you guys
                          Dave

Comment

good luck to you guys
                            Thanks!
                            Send gas masks! :)

Comment

I wish i was going down this weekend...i will randomly drive down in a few weeks...
                              sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

I'm wondering if it will even be possible to go this weekend? I can't believe after waiting 30 years and planning for 5 months my dream trip could be ruined?! And then I feel guilty for even worrying about it when people are fleeing their homes.

My fingers are crossed that the winds die down, the air clears a bit and the blazes will be under control by Saturday.

Comment

I was there today. It was REALLY! Hot, as far as the smell it wasn't bad. The sky was some what hazy.
                                  Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by lil lisa View Post
                                    I'm wondering if it will even be possible to go this weekend? I can't believe after waiting 30 years and planning for 5 months my dream trip could be ruined?!
                                    You'll be fine... yes it is bad in different areas however the news makes it sound like ALL of southern CA is on fire which is not true. Because Anaheim, as well as mostly all cities close by, are doing great! It's a perfect night here right now- in the 70's (at 9pm), no wind, plus no smoke smell!

I know other areas are having a bad time and I do feel sorry for those people... I'm just saying that it can be hard to judge from the news alone which areas are actually affected. Trust me, if Anaheim were in any danger, hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of other homes would burn first in order to get through all of the cities between Anaheim and the hills/mountains where the major fires are.

Good website for updated fire info-
                                    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...8&source=embed
                                    Last edited by Wesley815; 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM.
                                    -Wes

Comment

Hearing about poor air quality, high winds and ash falling in the park had me nervous. We were also planning a day in San Diego to go to Sea World, but SW is closed until further notice. I just don't want to be clogging up areas that don't need clogging or depriving someone of a hotel room if they're needing it for more important purposes than mine. I know United Airlines was offering people chances to switch their tickets from LA to certain other locations at no charge, just to reduce traffic into LA.

It is hard to have good perspective from far away. There are so many conflicting reports that it's hard to know who to believe- perhaps they're all correct!

Your post gives me hope though. So thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by lil lisa View Post
                                        It is hard to have good perspective from far away. There are so many conflicting reports that it's hard to know who to believe- perhaps they're all correct!

Your post gives me hope though. So thank you!
                                        Yeah, areas around here have had a lot going on. But as of 9pm there is no wind, no ash, no smoke here in Anaheim. Yesterday it was a little worse- but I've seen MUCH worse at Disney during fires over the past couple of years (to the point that ash was stacking up on the ground). This time it just kinda blew threw yesterday and that was the worst of it. No closures of anything localy to Disney.

San Diego is almost 100 miles away from Anaheim.
                                        -Wes

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X