X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Sun Wheel Question

Hey guys,

I have a totally random and kind of sadistic question to ask regarding the gondolas on the Sun Wheel. If there were to be a horrible accident where one or more than one of the gondolas for whatever bizarre reason fell off the ferris wheel and fell into the water would there be any way to get out? Is there a button or a lever that a Guest could use to open up the doors and swim to safety? Are the gondolas designed to bob up and down like a cork in the water? Or would the people inside be doomed to drown?

That brings me to another question...how deep is the lagoon?

...Joe...
    Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM.

Re: Random Sun Wheel Question

You should be able to pry open the doors. They are not THAT strong. Plus they are open a little bit. A few weeks ago I was riding and I stuck my hand through the door and I was freaking all the people in my gondola out. It was funny, at least to me....

... Oh yea, and the lagoon is about 8 feet deep.

Comment

I was actually think about this last time i went on it.. kinda freaked me out. I dont know if theres an escape button. I didnt see one. But i did check to see how deep the lagoon was and it isnt that deep around the sun wheel, only a couple feet deep.
      "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

Comment

Haha! I had a panic attack on the Wonder Wheel (the Sun Wheel's 81 year old inspiration on Coney Island) over this very scenario! (except there's just dirty amusements under the Wonder Wheel).

Comment

if the lagoon is about 8 feet deep and you fall in the water and can't get out than im guessing...since the gondalas are not even tall enough to stay above the water...nuff said, iv'e got some horror stories of the Sun wheel too-One time the power went off and we were stuck there for everrrr. Either that, or someone had a protein spill

Comment

Oh lordy. The Sun Wheel scared me and my girlfriend enough the first (and only) time out - now just when I'm thinking I could maybe handle the regular gondolas, you go and bring the idea of plummeting and drowning in.

Just don't tell me about potential decapitation in Space Mountain...

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
              Oh lordy. The Sun Wheel scared me and my girlfriend enough the first (and only) time out - now just when I'm thinking I could maybe handle the regular gondolas, you go and bring the idea of plummeting and drowning in.

Just don't tell me about potential decapitation in Space Mountain...
              Don't worry about Space Mountain.

Based upon historical precedent Big Thunder Mountain is much risker.

Comment

I rode the Sunwheel once, and hated it.

When I went with my three girlfriends again, I freaked out so badly. And my friend told me to stop clinging to the side, although that made me feel better.

Oh well.

But I won't ever ride them again.
                Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

I LOVE the Sun Wheel!! Esp. on the outside side of the swinging cars. You get so much hangtime. It's so great! :yea:

But, I have no clue about how deep the lagoon is, or what would happen.

Comment

Depends on how far you fall from. If you fall from the top, the water is the least of your worries.

Did you ever see how they make fries at inn-n-out burger? That's what your body would do that through the metal.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X