This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I was attacked by a baby stroller while at Disneyland

Strollers and stupid people should be banned from the park...

And teenagers.

And old people... they smell funny.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Gosh. I wish I had your kids.

When my son started to walk I couldn't get him to sit in a stroller to save our lives. And when he got tired it was even worse.

My son never tired all that much when we went to Disneyland anyway. But I taught him early on that Disneyland is really tiny. I would tell him, "Disneyland is so small. It just looks big when you are in it." Or we would drive by a field and I would say, "Isn't it amazing? Disneyland is the same size as that field."

It never was and still never is a problem for my son to walk from point A to point B when he goes there.

Comment

Originally posted by DCAFTW View Post

Here is an idea, when your kids are tired, GO BACK TO THE HOTEL.

Take a nap, give them something to eat, go for a swim, and then come back after dinner refreshed. Your kids might complain at first, but they will thank you when they are bright and awake at the park.

...and if you are an AP, you really have no excuse to keep your kids there until they are too tired to carry their own weight. Go home, and come back when they are rested.

Jeesh.
        before we had ap's, before dca was there we did not spend the night. We only live 1 1/2 hours away. We went for a day trip, but it was to far to simply drive home so my toddler could nap. There is no reason a 2 or 3 year old who is in a stroller anyway can not nap in it. Especially when there was no hotel to go back to.

However my child is now 16 and has shown no ill effects from staying in the park until she became tired.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post

And teenagers.

Actually, scoring well on an IQ test before entering would be most welcome.
          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
          Gosh. I wish I had your kids.
          Sell 'em to ya cheap.
          I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
          That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
          sigpic

Comment

And teenagers.

and mean intolerable people.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              Yeah! Them especially! Intolerant a-holes. I can't tolerate them.

Comment

• Re: I was attacked by a baby stroller while at Disneylnad

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                ORDDU: Not meaning to offend any parents out there, but there was a time when ducklings were not pushed around in strollers so much. There was a time when ducklings learned the value of good exercise and appreciation for being at the most wonderful theme parks in the world--without giving any thoughts to being lazy or so dependent on these spoiled child makers known as strollers. Only the smallest of tykes should be using them--and if they're really THAT young, they aren't going to be old enough to enjoy the parks in the first place.

My first trip to the Park was when I was five months old. We used a stroller. My brother was seven and my sister was nine.
                How do you know how old one must be to enjoy Disneyland? I have memories of our visits going back to when I was two or three. (I got something in my eye climbing up the treehouse on TSI, my dad picked me up and told me that we were at the tallest place in the Park.) I remember other things in my life from this age as well.

ORWEN: How about more rest periods between attractions, too?! If you're staying in a nearby hotel and are already planning on more than a day at each Disney park, it might be best to not rush yourselves and end up tiring the whole family out so soon. Anyway, it just seems that things were much easier for everybody before so many became so stroller dependent.
                You are assuming that these families are staying at local hotels. WE were fairly local, but there was no way we were going to drive home to let me take a nap. My mother sometimes took me to the baby center for some quiet time, but we didn't go home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer View Post
                  Actually, scoring well on an IQ test before entering would be most welcome.
                  Them IQ tests is all rigged so that only smart people can win. Ain't fair if'n you ask me.

Comment

And teenagers.

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    And all rule breakers!!!

Comment

So...

I am hearing a lot of "my kids get tired, they need to take a nap or rest in the middle of the day so they use the stroller."

Take a nap, give them something to eat, go for a swim, and then come back after dinner refreshed. Your kids might complain at first, but they will thank you when they are bright and awake at the park.

...and if you are an AP, you really have no excuse to keep your kids there until they are too tired to carry their own weight. Go home, and come back when they are rested.

Jeesh.
                      If they are at a local enough spot sure. I usually would take the kids over to the hotel or DCA for some unwind/ quiet time anyhow. I used to take them to TSI but can't really do that now.
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Them IQ tests is all rigged so that only smart people can win. Ain't fair if'n you ask me.
                        Fine then... an ugly test?
                        Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                        And all rule breakers!!!
                        And people born on a day that ends with "y"!
                        I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                        That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                        sigpic

Comment

while at comic-con i had my achelli's heel slashed from a stroller. the man apologized but it was partly my fault
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

I'm a teenager.

I doubt I'm rude.

So please, don't ban me!
                            Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
                              I'm a teenager.

I doubt I'm rude.

So please, don't ban me!
                              Can teens be trusted at Disneyland? I thought that they belonged at Magic Mountain.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Woaaaaa whats wrong with teens?

at least respectful ones....i mean my friends and i dont go around throwing trash everywhere and wrecking rides....in fact we are quite polite
                                sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

Father of a three year old. The only time the stroller has been an issue was during the crushes that occur immediately following fireworks or fantasmic. As the crowds disperse, so does the veneer of politeness. I have had adults leap over the stroller and child!

Near the end of a visit at the park, I think I can safely say, most guests are pretty tired and motivated to exit.

Come to think of it, I don't understand why we don't grab a seat and watch as everybody leaves.
                                  --
                                  http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                                    Father of a three year old. The only time the stroller has been an issue was during the crushes that occur immediately following fireworks or fantasmic. As the crowds disperse, so does the veneer of politeness. I have had adults leap over the stroller and child!

Near the end of a visit at the park, I think I can safely say, most guests are pretty tired and motivated to exit.

Come to think of it, I don't understand why we don't grab a seat and watch as everybody leaves.
                                    Sounds like that come closing time there is trouble afoot.

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                                      Woaaaaa whats wrong with teens?

at least respectful ones....i mean my friends and i dont go around throwing trash everywhere and wrecking rides....in fact we are quite polite
                                      Well.. I suppose the respectful ones can enter the park as long as they are closely monitored by a responsible adult, or a security guard. All others are will be relegated to Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm ..and skate parks.

Comment

I think we are avoiding the larger issue at hand. While we have all been run over by strollers, and some of us have concidered running people over with strollers, what we need to focus on is the Kamikaze sparrows that will attack anyone regardless of stroller use...LOL.

Comment

So...

I am hearing a lot of "my kids get tired, they need to take a nap or rest in the middle of the day so they use the stroller."

Jeesh.
                                          :bang:

OK...had to get that out, I'm alright...

so here's the deal, I'll use the exapmle I stated earlier, just to simplify things....my 7 yr old (yes) got tired, climbed into her 2 yr old brothers stroller and promptly fell asleep....
                                          she dozed for a half hour power nap.....got up and got on a ride...

explain to me the logic of back to a hotel for that...it would have taken more than the half hour to walk out of the park and to the hotel....why should we all leave when she was getting exactly what she needed?

and for the record, we still build afternoon breaks into our day..., but she fell asleep early (we got to skip our break that day ). My husband always takes whichever kids are tired back to the hotel for an afternoon nap (still does...last trip ours were 6 and 11) and I stay at the park with how ever doesn't need a rest (in all honest I love they all go sleep, and I can stroll around on my own)

But to suggest that every family NEEDS to build in that time is unrealistic...for my family it works, we know we need it, and plan for it...but some families it just wont wrok for, they are not staying in a nearby hotel, they only have one day, they didn't predict their 7 yr old would fall asleep, whatever.

the holier than thou stance that these threads take is frustrateing, what works for one family does not work for another.

Can't people just find some tolerance and realize that there may be reasons that you don't need to know about for a persons actions...

good golly! live and let live people.
                                          procrastibating

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X