X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I was attacked by a baby stroller while at Disneyland

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
    the holier than thou stance that these threads take is frustrating, what works for one family does not work for another.

Can't people just find some tolerance and realize that there may be reasons that you don't need to know about for a persons actions...

good golly! live and let live people.
    I wish. Some people seem to think they know the perfect way to be a parent and they feel the need to spread their wisdom to others.

Comment

But if I didn't bring my stroller- how would I justify using the handicap stall in the bathroom!
      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

:lmao: mp!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
          If I ever have another child I'm so stealing it. She would have the child in the stroller to get to the land, park the stroller and have the child walk to the rides in that land then get the stroller.
          That's what most parents at Disneyland do. We just used our stroller to get from places like New Orleans Square to Tomorrowland.

And so we could use the handicapped bathroom stalls.

Comment

:bang:

the holier than thou stance that these threads take is frustrateing, what works for one family does not work for another.

Can't people just find some tolerance and realize that there may be reasons that you don't need to know about for a persons actions...

good golly! live and let live people.
            Well I'm sorry if you feel this threads attitude is "holier than thou", but I guess some people are just tired of having their ankles trampled over, and having screaming tired children ruin their day at the park. I'm not saying there aren't valid reasons for using a stroller, all that I"m saying is that there are alternatives that people could be using rather that simply dumping their crap in a doublewide SUV stroller and setting up camp in the parks.

As a part of a large family, I have had the pleasure of traveling with many small children to the park, and all but the very smallest walked on their own. If they didn't want to walk on their own, then they were either carried, or taken back to the hotel. This was out of respect for the other people that had to share our space. We didn't want to block the walkways with a huge stroller, and we didn't want to expose people to a tired whining child.

No a 7 year old can't walk for 16 hours straight, that's common knowledge. So don't come for the whole day, or take a large break. If you aren't staying in a hotel, go back to DTD and have lunch, or go to the picnic areas or your car and do the same.

Unfortunately, respect for others, has given way to entitlement and selfishness. More parents now worry about the quickest and easiest possible solution, rather than doing what's right.

Comment

I Love this post ...also, I ran an internet search, I can't find a stroller with a DVD player built in....It sounded so odd and obsene that morbid curiosity took over and I had to look, but alas, i couldn't find one....
              Thanks Tink! Those strollers are actually custom orders and attachable arms for the players...i.e. http://daddytypes.com/2006/09/20/ult...g_stroller.php

and

http://watchnstroll.com/

I will say though..the flame fabric on the stroller in the first link...I wish I had had it when my kids were stroller-sized....

Comment

Originally posted by DCAFTW View Post
                Well I'm sorry if you feel this threads attitude is "holier than thou", but I guess some people are just tired of having their ankles trampled over...Unfortunately, respect for others, has given way to entitlement and selfishness. More parents now worry about the quickest and easiest possible solution, rather than doing what's right.
                These are both true, and Tink's mention of what works for one does not work for all is also true.

*DEAD HORSE IN ROAD*

We can't make people be courteous with strollers. Some are, some are not. This same argement applies to smokers, people on cell phones, teenagers in groups, tourists in groups, pick something, it will likley be very similar. I for one, am no longer afraid to speak out when my space is being invaded by the rude...(find my "Things I've learned at Disneyland" post...)...two more examples, I was standing off to the side, near the Tiki Room enjoying my Dole Whip (yeah, imagine that)...when a family comes around the corner with the pre-teen in the lead, walking backwards, yelling at the rest of them. I was not about to move or lose my Whip, so I said quite loudly - "Hey! Watch where you're going...that's why your eyes are on the FRONT of your head." Dad laughed, mom was embarrassed, the kid turned around and watched where he was going...briefly. Second...making a potty run, I am done, washed and on my out when there is a Dad, on his cell phone with a stroller, arguing with the teenager about geting back with the group. No one can get in, no one can get out, and like five people are standing there watching him (you'd think he'd get it then, but no) - being the big mouth I am and of redneck stock, I blurt out "Dude! Do you have to resolve this in the doorway? Pull over people gotta pee!" Dirty look ensues, but he moved. The moral of this story? Rudeness is everywhere, and I try to handle it with a bit of humor...not always appreciated by anyone but me, but humor none the less. Getting worked up into a froth won't make the world more polite and courteous, it just gets you an ulcer...

*putting soapbox back under the table*

Great. Now I want a Dole Whip.

Comment

Originally posted by squishiebear View Post
                  "Dude! Do you have to resolve this in the doorway? Pull over people gotta pee!"
                  :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
                  Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
                  : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

It just depends on how everyone functions....some people feel the need for strollers......
                    sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

As a part of a large family, I have had the pleasure of traveling with many small children to the park, and all but the very smallest walked on their own. If they didn't want to walk on their own, then they were either carried, or taken back to the hotel.
                      Welcome to Disneyland... here hold a kid for 4hrs!... would rather take a stroller.

No a 7 year old can't walk for 16 hours straight, that's common knowledge. So don't come for the whole day, or take a large break. If you aren't staying in a hotel, go back to DTD and have lunch, or go to the picnic areas or your car and do the same.
                      Not everyone has the convience of living next to the park. There are plenty of people who are at Disneyland for 1 day, and to their credit they are trying to take in as much as they can.

More parents now worry about the quickest and easiest possible solution, rather than doing what's right.
                      I do not know, but I would venture to say most parents want to give their kids as much time at the park as possible because they do not always experience it and may not be able to experience it again for a long time.
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                        I wish. Some people seem to think they know the perfect way to be a parent and they feel the need to spread their wisdom to others.
                        No kidding...It drives me nuts..

Over the years, with my particular career choice, I have been privlaged to see some very creative effective parenting.
                        also I have sadly I have witness more than my share of 'lack of parenting'
                        but I have gained a lot of knowledge and tollerence of different parenting styles because of this.

and again, everyone has their own way.

One of my closest friends and I comment frequently...
                        Her boys, who I love dearly ( & who were in my care for many years) would make me crazy if they were mine, my parenting style would not work for them...
                        on the other hand, for as much as she loves my children, they would make her nuts....
                        my children tend to have a flair for the dramatic (wonder where they get it) she can't parent around that...
                        Her children are boisterous, I wouldn't be able to parent around that...

See, god (or whatever you believe in) has a great knack for putting the right kids with the right parents....

so what works for my kids would NEVER work for hers, and vice versa....

did that make sense?

Originally posted by Mouse princess View Post
                        But if I didn't bring my stroller- how would I justify using the handicap stall in the bathroom!
                        :lmao:
                        I love you

Well I'm sorry if you feel this threads attitude is "holier than thou", but I guess some people are just tired of having their ankles trampled over, and having screaming tired children ruin their day at the park. I'm not saying there aren't valid reasons for using a stroller, all that I"m saying is that there are alternatives that people could be using rather that simply dumping their crap in a doublewide SUV stroller and setting up camp in the parks.

As a part of a large family, I have had the pleasure of traveling with many small children to the park, and all but the very smallest walked on their own. If they didn't want to walk on their own, then they were either carried, or taken back to the hotel. This was out of respect for the other people that had to share our space. We didn't want to block the walkways with a huge stroller, and we didn't want to expose people to a tired whining child.

Unfortunately, respect for others, has given way to entitlement and selfishness. More parents now worry about the quickest and easiest possible solution, rather than doing what's right.
                        I'm glad your being very conciderate of others, and I'm glad that works for you (as I stated before that's what we do in my family as well, breaks are lovely for us) but just because someone does something contrary to how you do it, does NOT make them inconciderate. Just different.

Originally posted by squishiebear View Post
                        Thanks Tink! Those strollers are actually custom orders and attachable arms for the players...i.e. http://daddytypes.com/2006/09/20/ult...g_stroller.php

and

http://watchnstroll.com/

I will say though..the flame fabric on the stroller in the first link...I wish I had had it when my kids were stroller-sized....
                        Holy crap, they're real :lol:

oh that is so sad, but Oh My.....:lol:

and yeah, I like the fabric...
                        and thanks for the support
                        procrastibating

Comment

Oh yay, another stroller thread. Another thread full of posts that make judgements on who are good parents, who are bad parents and who are decent and respectful people and who are selfish rude and obnoxious people.

:botox:
                          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Last year I was at DL on one of the really slow day (week after Thanksgiving?), and Main Street was basically empty as I headed for the stairs to the train station. I was walking at a steady, normal pace, and so I was rather surprised when a stroller suddenly slammed into my ankles at full force. The guy pushing it just sort of blinked in surprised and mumbled an apology. We were the only people in the entire Town Square area, there was plenty of room to pass me, and still he managed to hit me hard enough to break the skin on the back of my ankle. I was still stunned enough that all I could manage was "Wha...? Why... how did... Ow!", when my husband, who was just exiting the Emporium to join me and had seen the whole thing, yelled "Hey, you moron, how about looking where you're going?" Well, the guy didn't like anyone "attacking" him, so he just completely went off, screaming and cursing at both of us. Dude, if I'm such a f'ing ugly fat cow, how come you didn't see me until you slammed into me? Okay, I'm the one here who's bleeding, and now I'm the one who's getting cursed at. And I'm sure the toddler in the stroller was getting an important life lesson out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by drb View Post
                              Last year I was at DL on one of the really slow day (week after Thanksgiving?), and Main Street was basically empty as I headed for the stairs to the train station. I was walking at a steady, normal pace, and so I was rather surprised when a stroller suddenly slammed into my ankles at full force. The guy pushing it just sort of blinked in surprised and mumbled an apology. We were the only people in the entire Town Square area, there was plenty of room to pass me, and still he managed to hit me hard enough to break the skin on the back of my ankle. I was still stunned enough that all I could manage was "Wha...? Why... how did... Ow!", when my husband, who was just exiting the Emporium to join me and had seen the whole thing, yelled "Hey, you moron, how about looking where you're going?" Well, the guy didn't like anyone "attacking" him, so he just completely went off, screaming and cursing at both of us. Dude, if I'm such a f'ing ugly fat cow, how come you didn't see me until you slammed into me? Okay, I'm the one here who's bleeding, and now I'm the one who's getting cursed at. And I'm sure the toddler in the stroller was getting an important life lesson out of this.
                              Jerks come in all shapes in sizes, some even push strollers! But to lump all "stroller pushers" into the lazy, just looking for convenience, should stay home until their kids grow up, etc into the same group is rediculous. (not saying you are, drb, but in reference to the whole thread.

I have seen plenty of a-holes drive cars, cutting people off, driving under the influence, generally being unsafe and rude. So I am going to start an anti-car movement! Let's see how many threads we can start that complain about cars and the people who drive them. I think cars should be banned from roads. People don't really NEED them, they can take the bus or ride the subway or just stop being lazy all together and WALK! And young people should NEVER drive. They have to wait until they are old enough to know better not be inconsiderate, but of course not wait too long because we don't want old people driving either.

Who's with me?
                              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Accidents do happen, you know? Thats why they are accidents. If the person intentionally hit you with the stroller, than I can see being all mad and bent out of shape.
                                Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

You mean I shouldn't be chasing people down main street with my stroller? My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                                    You mean I shouldn't be chasing people down main street with my stroller? My bad.
                                    That is only allowed if you are chasing a dream squad member.

Comment

But I really wanted that person's churro!

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
                                        I have seen plenty of a-holes drive cars, cutting people off, driving under the influence, generally being unsafe and rude. So I am going to start an anti-car movement! Let's see how many threads we can start that complain about cars and the people who drive them. I think cars should be banned from roads. People don't really NEED them, they can take the bus or ride the subway or just stop being lazy all together and WALK! And young people should NEVER drive. They have to wait until they are old enough to know better not be inconsiderate, but of course not wait too long because we don't want old people driving either.

Who's with me?
                                        :lol:
                                        procrastibating

Comment

Originally posted by drb View Post
                                          Thats totally weird, because last year on this really slow day, I was walking down Main Street pushing a stroller when this woman cut in front of me and I accidently hit her...

Then her husband went off on me and I had to defend myself...

Probably wasn't you though...

I was just joking with that, but why is it the other persons responsibility to look out for you and not your own?
                                          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X