This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I was attacked by a baby stroller while at Disneylnad

You know I always bring a stroller with me. Now my kids are too big to ride in it so I push it around empty, but when I get hit, I'll be damned if I'm going into a stroller war unarmed.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 101 Dalmatians Rule View Post
      I have been to other parks in California and never seen the amount of stollers that Disneyland has.

Is it this bad at Disneyworld also? If so, I am cancelling my trip to Florida next year.
      I think you must be kidding with that one....

Disneyland is a place that appeals to kids hence the number of strollers and has more crowds again upping the stroller number. Same with Disney World.... I am sure that this is one of those things you will read tomorrow and be like "Did I REALLY say that?" Don't worry it happens to us all

Comment

Is it this bad at Disneyworld also? If so, I am cancelling my trip to Florida next year.
        Seriously?
        I suggest you look at picture of the stroller parking in WDW. It is INSANE.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Besides - I highly doubt they "ripped the flesh off your legs". That was a little bit of an overstatement I'd think =)

Not that bad if you consider that I had to get a Tetanus shot today after a visit with my doctor. My right leg is really bad. The lady who hit me told me it wasn't that bad and should heal quickly as blood was running down to my ankle. She never apologized and took off before Disney Cast members arrived.
          I See SPOTS!!!!!!
          :yea: :bow: :lol: :thumbup:

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
          Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007 :yea:

Comment

Cancelling your trip to Florida over strollers?

Those evil things! Sue the manufacturers for making them!

Honestly, you are going to a place meant for families and people of all ages to enjoy, and with that comes strollers.
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
              Those evil things! Sue the manufacturers for making them!
              More like suing Disney for even allowing strollers. How dare they!

Comment

Originally posted by angeladlr View Post
                1) Often they do. Sometimes they don't. I think it is just a part of life that some are more polite than others. And you have to think that there always is another side to the story - maybe they think you just walked in front of them, while they are trying to handle this huge stroller and difficult child. Or perhaps they didn't notice because they were distracted. Or maybe they don't speak English...or they are embarrassed. Who knows?

Besides - I highly doubt they "ripped the flesh off your legs". That was a little bit of an overstatement I'd think =)

2) First of all, yes. They are necessary. It helps parents keep tabs on their kids and keep them from becoming tired and whiny. Walking across the park is 10 times as much to kids with legs so much smaller than adults. Would you rather these kids Disneyland trips be spoiled? (Or from a selfish vantage, would you rather have many more whining, screaming, riot-running children?) Secondly, I really don't think you can compare a golf cart, which weighs about 900lbs, to a 20lb stroller. Thats plain ridiculous.

3) No they don't. Anyway, have you ever seen 60,000-80,000 people bring strollers in? And would you be complaining if the park spent time, money, and added lines to count strollers? And what do you suggest they do with the people who come after the "limit"?

4) No. Yes I have been hit by strollers, but no I didn't think it was such a big deal.

Okay I didn't mean to sound harsh, but I'm sure by tomorrow you will reread this post, when you have calmed down, and think about it logically. I can understand how you might get upset, but I really don't think you should dwell on it so much. I'm sure you were just having "one of those days" and we all get them - we can understand! Hopefully next time you won't notice/mind so much and have a better day!
                Well said!! :imtheone:

I hand my "stroller thread" baton to you. I've had many successes in the stroller thread debates for the past six years, and I feel you are a worthy successor.

Good luck and god bless, and remember just because you have reason and common sense on your side, doesn't mean the haters aren't out there.

:ghug:

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                  More like suing Disney for even allowing strollers. How dare they!
                  Sue them too! While we're at it, sue them for allowing smokers!

Comment

Coming soon to a theme park near you!

Stroller Terror!

Kiss those ankles goodbye, this stroller means BUSINESS!

Comment

Angeladlr has been given a great honor. :bow:

Comment

It's very freeing to hand over the responsibility to someone else, and she seems so worthy and good and sensible.

Go Angela!!

Comment

Quit whining and complaining and defend yourself.

Bring your own stroller with spiked rails and studded wheels

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                            It's very freeing to hand over the responsibility to someone else, and she seems so worthy and good and sensible.

Go Angela!!
                            Agreed.

I would like to also point out that those new ECV's are tanks compared to strollers.

Comment

Okay I didn't mean to sound harsh, but I'm sure by tomorrow you will reread this post, when you have calmed down, and think about it logically. I can understand how you might get upset, but I really don't think you should dwell on it so much. I'm sure you were just having "one of those days" and we all get them - we can understand! Hopefully next time you won't notice/mind so much and have a better day!
                              Do you want to pay for my medical bill after I have calmed down? I am still in a lot of pain. My right leg got pretty messed up from being hit by the stroller. I ended up having to leave Disneyland early because the pain. A vacation I never want to remember.
                              I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Comment

/\
                                You guys are too much :lol:

Is OP getting the idea that sympathy is fairly thin in this room?

On the subject of Disney World... They've got more space in between the rides to make wide walkways. Avoid peak days and holidays and you should be fine. Or ride in a stroller. It's quite nice, nobody ever hits you in the legs.

Comment

I know it's off topic but when I was in high school I never took drama. I look back and I could have really benefitted from such a class.

Sorry to derail, carry on.

Comment

Bring your own stroller with spiked rails and studded wheels

I think the one that attacked me already was set up with spiked rails and studded wheels.
                                    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                      I know it's off topic but when I was in high school I never took drama. I look back and I could have really benefitted from such a class.

Sorry to derail, carry on.

I took drama. You're missing out. Maybe your community college offers a course?

Comment

I think the one that attacked me already was set up with spiked rails and studded wheels.
                                        Not only that, I bet the infant was trained in Kung Fu from the day he was born.

Comment

What part of a stroller could cause actual damage to a leg? I could see a squished toe or a banged up ankle, but real damage?

WDW is 4 times worse than Disneyland, stroller-wise, so wear some shin guards and buck up little camper!

And I've taken a stroller to Disneyland countless times and have had more people step on or over my stroller than I've bumped into inattentive visitors. And I think in all my stroller-less visits, I've been bumped by a stroller maybe one time and if that's the case, it wasn't even memorable.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X