X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I was attacked by a baby stroller while at Disneylnad

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    /\
    Either that or you're clearly getting one of the little known benefits of that PREMIUM passport, StrollerGuard.
    I bet that's it. Ever since I've had a PAP I have not been hit by a stroller...

Comment

though i rather get hit by a stroller than a ECV :P
      ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

Here is what amazes me. My wife is 5'3... and we have a DOUBLE stroller (lengthwise not width) but somehow people don't see her or the stroller and actually run into the thing. I also hate it when people run over kids. There have been countless times when I have had to scoop up my kids because an ADULT can't watch where they are going. It is one thing if a kid zips in front of you, I've had that happen. It's quite another if my kids are holding my hand and someone tries to walk THROUGH them.

To give an example. I'm 6'4, I picked up my 3 year old daughter seconds before another adult SLAMMED into us. She was fine, I was fine, the other adult ended up on the ground. Then they tried to say "Hey watch where you're going" as if I should have seen them walking into me and moved. My reply was less then Disney and those around us were even more pissed because it involved the little girl!

Yeah it sucks when you get hit by a stroller, but it also sucks when someone doesn't pay attention and either runs you over, tries to run you over, or randomly STOPS FOR NO REASON except to stare at something shiny in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET.

Sorry no sympathy from me.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I saw an adult walk into a little girl last weekend. The little girl fell on the ground kind of hard. She did say she was sorry, but geez....watch where you're going.

I have stepped over a stroller once. the people had been walking next to me, but then for some reason they sped up and then totally cut me off walking in front of me horizontally to the right. My choice was to step over the front of the stroller or fall on their kid, but that was one time about 4 years ago. The strollers are not a huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            Wow.

I logged out to watch the World Series and Pushing Daisies and I come back and yet another stroller thread.

But what amazes me is how huge this got soooo fast!
            I know I stopped to watch Pushing Daisies, then had to run to the store to get the soda and red vines. By the time I got back Aashee had become President of SAG. There had been a change of power to who is in charge of stroller reasoning and the original OP is somewhere in his camper on antibiotics with his leg punctured in two. Sheesh. I might have to get a keg if this thread keeps going. :lol:
            sigpic

Comment

Disneyland is a small theme park that's in high demand. Even with ticket prices at $91 people still fill the park to the brims, even during the off-season.

Both sides are to blame here. Stroller-less guests for not watching where they are going, cutting off people with strollers, and being inconsiderate. Guests with strollers for bringing strollers bigger than SUVs, not watching where they are going, and being inconsiderate.

The park is crowded. Deal with it. People bump into me all the time and I simply brush it off. Who cares? This theme park road rage is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                Here is what amazes me. My wife is 5'3... and we have a DOUBLE stroller (lengthwise not width) but somehow people don't see her or the stroller and actually run into the thing. I also hate it when people run over kids. There have been countless times when I have had to scoop up my kids because an ADULT can't watch where they are going. It is one thing if a kid zips in front of you, I've had that happen. It's quite another if my kids are holding my hand and someone tries to walk THROUGH them.

To give an example. I'm 6'4, I picked up my 3 year old daughter seconds before another adult SLAMMED into us. She was fine, I was fine, the other adult ended up on the ground. Then they tried to say "Hey watch where you're going" as if I should have seen them walking into me and moved. My reply was less then Disney and those around us were even more pissed because it involved the little girl!

Yeah it sucks when you get hit by a stroller, but it also sucks when someone doesn't pay attention and either runs you over, tries to run you over, or randomly STOPS FOR NO REASON except to stare at something shiny in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET.

Sorry no sympathy from me.
                Some of you guys are acting like you know exactly what happened. Yes sometimes people do run into strollers and kids because they are not paying attention. Sometimes stroller pushers run into other people or even their own kids because they're not paying attention. It's not a one sided thing. The OP may have gone a little overboard in suggesting that most stroller users are this bad, but all it takes is a few bad ones for it to be a pattern to most people. You don't remember all the polite parents that didn't run into you. But it's just as bad to assume it's always the other way around, so it must have been their fault.

Comment

Well I've been, and still am, on both sides of this problem.

I remember well the festival in Alexandria, VA when a woman with a stroller repeatedly slammed into my achilles heels (might have just been one, several times, not sure...guess I don't remember it *perfectly*). I never said anything, but glared repeatedly at her, and she continued to do it. We were all walking along a sidewalk, nowhere to go quickly, she just had NO idea how far out her stroller went.

But here I am, with a 3 year old. Too big for my back to carry him in the Ergo anymore, too independent for that as well. But also wants a comfy place to sit during long days at DL, or when I want to go for a brisk walk. So...we've been forced to buy strollers.

Yes, plural. For the walks, I have a near-SUV jogging stroller with 3 wheels, the front one swivels most excellently. However, I REFUSE to take that thing to DL, because it is too darned big. So, we bought a small one (b/c the rentals at DL would have been more to rent for a week than just buying this one).

The jogging stroller has a big, plastic thing at the end, with a rounded point. IF, and I haven't, but IF I were to hit someone with that thing, it could actually do damage as described.

And now picture this...icky people who have no sense of baby's need for privacy, does a diaper change in public in the stroller. Puts poopy diaper on the end of that front stroller piece while putting clean dipe on baby. Dirty diaper sullies plastic piece. Later, stroller used as battering ram, causing an open wound. Germs from diaper go into open wound, there ya go, the need for antibiotics.

It scares me that I can think of these things, but then I think of germs and common sense often...actually not that often since I stopped going to sandwich places where they wear plastic gloves, then used their gloved hands to touch their hair and wipe their nose, and then continue on making your sandwich. Ick. Change the gloves if ya gotta do hair and face maintenance... Anyway, that front plastic part of that sort of stroller could absolutely harm someone AND be a disease vector.

But back to me me me...I have never hit anyone with the stroller, b/c I hate so very much being hit.

And I've had to take stroller duties from my husband, especially with the jogger in crowds (farmer's market specifically), b/c even though he is taller than me and should be able to see it better, he seems to have NO idea how far out that pointy plastic goes. He is very aggressive with the stroller but denies it when I call him on it. People in front of him could be shooting him nasty looks, but he still pretends like he's not doing anything wrong. Eh, I have taken over that stroller.

He did find with the lightweight, square-front, no molded plastic, stroller we used at DL.

And then jumping to yet another side of this....YES yes and YES, people seem to think that strollers and children are invisible! One of my son's first phrases was "excuse me" while walking in public. And he can be loud while saying it. But people would have barreled over him if I had let it happen, during the times he wanted to walk at DL. And in the stroller, it's astonishing how many people time their crossings of walkways to coincide with my trajectory...forgetting that two objects can't occupy space at same time blah blah blah.

On yet another hand, that's not reserved just for kids and/or stroller users...many is the time WE are the ones who have to go separate ways b/c some welded-together couple refuses to unclasp hands, or move their bodies as one over to one or the other side. Just walk through, connected, the middle of the walkway and expect the crowds to part for you...

People can be dingbat-ish, people can be spacey...and when you get someone who is both wielding a big ol' stroller with a pointy molded plastic 'bumper' on it, it's quite possible that people are going to get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                    I know I stopped to watch Pushing Daisies, then had to run to the store to get the soda and red vines. By the time I got back Aashee had become President of SAG. There had been a change of power to who is in charge of stroller reasoning and the original OP is somewhere in his camper on antibiotics with his leg punctured in two. Sheesh. I might have to get a keg if this thread keeps going. :lol:
                    I don't even drink beer but I may have to join you.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I blacked out the face but this was filmed in Fantasyland. Quite Disturbing.

Comment

heres how to protect yourself from maniac stroller drivers: cattle prods

Comment

This post actually made me spit out some coffeee. :judge: That's not cool.

:lol:

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                          Both sides are to blame here. Stroller-less guests for not watching where they are going, cutting off people with strollers, and being inconsiderate. Guests with strollers for bringing strollers bigger than SUVs, not watching where they are going, and being inconsiderate.
                          Exaggerate much? That's why these threads are never productive.

Originally posted by hobbitfeet View Post
                          Well I've been, and still am, on both sides of this problem.
                          No offense, but don't you get hit more than most people because you have.....hobbitfeet?

But seriously, well thought out post, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 101 Dalmatians Rule View Post
                            I just got back from a weekend trip to Disneyland and wow what a trip NOT to remember. My back legs are still hurting from being hit from behind by strollers. I consider strollers to be a dangerous weapon and should be controlled by park officials. Some of the strollers are so huge the person pushing it around cannot see what is in front of them. I was trying to make my way out of Adventureland on Saturday night after the firework show but I kept getting hit by passing strollers.

Four questions about strollers

1. Why don't people say "excuse me" or "sorry" as they rip the flesh off your legs when they drive their double or even triple decker strollers? I actually saw one person trying to navigate their stroller through the lines of an attraction (Snow White Scary Adventure) so their child could sleep while they wait in line for the ride.

2. Are strollers really necessary? I mean most of the strollers are left parked in one part of the park while people wait in line or ride the attractions. I told my husband I wanted to take my golf cart into the park and call it my stoller so other could feel the pain of having wheels roll over their feet.

3. Does park officials limit the number of stollers into the park each day? If Disneyland allows a maximum of 60,000-80,000 people into the park each day and everyone decided to bring a stroller this could cause chaos.

4. Has anyone else had similar problems with strollers in the park?
                            Welcome to Disneyland

Comment

By the time I got back Aashee had become President of SAG.
                              It's all because of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpee
                                I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

I don't think I can say yes to that. Yes to stroller kicking, but not baby punching.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
                                    I don't think I can say yes to that. Yes to stroller kicking, but not baby punching.
                                    Originally posted by Grumpee
                                    I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Comment

My trip in December is going to be my first time being behind the stroller, honestly I am not looking forward to it. I just hope that I don't become one of those manics who thinks because I have a stroller that I should own every path I am on. If I thought there was any way I could get away without having to use one then I would!
                                        Christina

Comment

The very worst, is when you are walking in front of a stroller (and before you say anything, I am a very fast walker. I have long legs and I attack Disneyland like a fat kid on cake) and the person driving the stroller is so busy wrangling up their other 40 rugrats that they keep slamming the wheels into the back of your feet.

I know that it's usually a two sided problem, but in this case, it's clearly the drivers fault for not paying attention to where they are going. I think sometimes that people with strollers think that they have the right to be pushy because they are have to manuever their kids through the park as well as themselves. However they forget that they are the oned that CHOOSE to bring their child who can't walk on their own to the park (and for that matter, to have kids in the first place) and they should really be respectful to the people in the park who didn't choose to bring a huge ankle gobbling monster truck into the park.

Bleh...strollers.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X