This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Busy Will DL be?

Hi everyone. I will be in DL November 9th through the 12th and I was just wondering how busy you guys think it will be. We were last there for a weekend in August, do you think it will be as busy as summer time?

Re: How Busy Will DL be?

It all depends. There really isn't an "Off season" this year.... the slowest it got was in September. You could get lucky. I think your best bet is to go in the middle of the week.

Comment

If thats Veterans Day weekend it will be insane. We went Veterans Day weekend about two years ago and it was wall to wall people. Thats usually the first weekend that IASW opens with the Christmas overlay, the first weekend they do the "snow", most of the holiday decorations will be up....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
        If thats Veterans Day weekend it will be insane. We went Veterans Day weekend about two years ago and it was wall to wall people.

I agree! We were there over that weekend last year and it was cuckoo nutso! The only thing you may have going for you this year though is that they aren't supposed to start the Holiday celebration until November 16th - that may save you.
        M A S E C A !

Comment

My crystal ball is busted after an unfortunate incident with a professional wrestler. Can't help you.
          Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

If I remember veterans day last year the park hit capacity, and So Cal APs are blocked out that weekend (and on Monday the 12th) so Disney expects it to be very busy. In fact Disneyland is running two Fantasmics on Monday 11/12 (which is not normal for a Monday).

I would expect large crowds, and although I think iasw Holiday will be open, but I think Darkbeer said that Holiday Fireworks woudl not start until 11/16.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Any ideas on how busy it will be Nov 16th thru the 20th?
              "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Nov 16th through 20th shouldnt be quite as bad since it's b/w veterans day weekend and thanksgiving which are two of the busiest weekends ever!

im going on friday the 16th for a day trip

PS welcome to MC oldnewguy!!
                sigpic

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Comment

I know several school districts have worked this into a 4 day weekend, so expect crowds Fri.-Mon.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by MarenBoBarren View Post
                    Nov 16th through 20th shouldnt be quite as bad since it's b/w veterans day weekend and thanksgiving which are two of the busiest weekends ever!

im going on friday the 16th for a day trip

PS welcome to MC oldnewguy!!

I'll be there with the fam from the 16th - 20th for a quick trip and then January 20 for 10 days.

And thank you for the welcome, not much has changed since i was here last except for the influx of cool people.
                    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

i think the past few years there has also been a large cheer competition at the convention center

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I love these boards!! I have been to DL during peak summer times as well as on new years day. Do you think that weekend will be as bad as those times? If not I think I can handle it.

Comment

Always busy my friend... Always. Weekdays is your best bet.

Comment

Do you think it will be any better this year since the holiday stuff doesn't really start until November 16th???

Comment

Disneyland will be busy, and here is why:

Harrison Ford will be replacing the AA doll at the end of Indy all day long. It is a one time deal so get there if you can!

Michael Eisner will be guest staring as an idiot. Look for him pushing a stroller full of plastic babies.

Space Mountain will actually be open ALL DAY.

The Rocket Rods will temporarily be back, but again, just for the day! ScreeeeeCH!

Instead of horrible cover bands, Aqua will be performing at the Tomorrow Terrace. On the other hand, maybe the cover bands would be better?

Dancing with the Stars is going to be held on a portable stage next to that ride over there by ToonTown. I can't remember what it is called, but I heard they are getting rid of it anyway?

Every character, ever, will be swarming the park looking for kids to chase and put in head-locks.

Free Admission.
                              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

^ you had me for the first few

Comment

If only for a minute!
                                  Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X