Disneyland Closing Early Dec. 3rd and 4th for CM Holiday Party (Merged Threads)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alyssa3467
    • May 2006

Re: Disneyland Closing Early Dec. 3rd and 4th for CM Holiday Party (Merged Threads)

Me personally, I would've accepted "winter hours" as an explanation and left it at that, and as we've shown here, it is an expected part of the winter schedule.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2005

Re: Disneyland Closing Early

Originally posted by sediment View Post
      This is asked every year.
      Next year, it will be asked again, by a new group of posters.

On the first consecutive Monday and Tuesday of December, each year, until otherwise noted, DL closes early for CM parties. "CM" includes Burbank and Glendale Disney employees. Not sure if it includes CapCities divisions, but I'm guessing it does.
      I just don't see the problem with questions being asked more than once. And why they can't be answered without attitude.

You said in your post, "by a NEW group of posters". Why should somebody who is new to the board be expected to pour the entire history of MiceChat in order to find the answer to a particular question. Not to mention, by the time the CM party comes around next year, this thread will long since have been closed.

Why don't you put that post in your signature and hopefully people will get it.

Comment

• sediment
        Banned User
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        I just don't see the problem with questions being asked more than once. And why they can't be answered without attitude.

You said in your post, "by a NEW group of posters". Why should somebody who is new to the board be expected to pour the entire history of MiceChat in order to find the answer to a particular question. Not to mention, by the time the CM party comes around next year, this thread will long since have been closed.
        Without the attitude, it's just another post.
        Gotta have attitude.
        Meh. I answer this every year. Sometimes I give attitude and sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood.

So, BACK OFF, PAL!!!!!
        (Now THAT's attitude!!)

Actually, I was simply stating what happens, without any attitude intended. I was answering someone who had a bit of attitude, and trying to explain that there is no way of preventing this question from being asked.

Comment

• sediment
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
          Why don't you put that post in your signature and hopefully people will get it.
          I like what I have there already. I'd rather not be one of those posters whose signature is bigger than any one of his posts.

Comment

• Alyssa3467
            • May 2006

Comment

• Skunkwerx
              The Monkey's Uncle
              • Aug 2006

Re: Disneyland Closing Early Dec. 3rd and 4th for CM Holiday Party (Merged Threads)

If you don't know.. (I didn't and asked and someone (not sediment)YELLED at me for asking a repeated question).. you can turn OFF seeing sigs in your PROFILE. It eased my pain of seeing crud of sigs....

Back to TOPIC..
              Since we are discussing the CM Party. Can someone bullet point some of the fun things that happens at these parties? A simple list would be nice if someone would be kind enough to do a brain dump from memory..... I was no longer a CM (by my choice) when December rolled around many,many,many, many moons ago and missed the experience.

Comment

• sediment
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Skunkwerx View Post
                Since we are discussing the CM Party. Can someone bullet point some of the fun things that happens at these parties? A simple list would be nice if someone would be kind enough to do a brain dump from memory..... I was no longer a CM (by my choice) when December rolled around many,many,many, many moons ago and missed the experience.
                1. Fewer people than an average weekend day.
                2. Cheap food, though there never seems to be any ribs, even though they are on several menus.
                3. Bob Iger or John Lasseter might give you a "Happy Holidays" greeting and candy cane as you walk through the entrance tunnels.
                4. No FastPass.
                5. Space Mountain sometimes with lights on. Sure, you could pay thousands of dollars one day for that "thrill." I did that a few years ago, before Space was renovated. Seeing the cracks in the infrastructure made the ride a lot scarier. Seeing that you're going 34mph makes it a lot less scary.
                5. Parade route is not so jammed packed. I suggest not catching snowflakes on your tongue.
                6. No Fantasmic! crowds taking up valuable walking space. (Downside: no Fantasmic!)
                7. Free picture with a character.

Comment

• Skunkwerx
                  The Monkey's Uncle
                  • Aug 2006

snip
                  5. Space Mountain sometimes with lights on. Sure, you could pay thousands of dollars one day for that "thrill." I did that a few years ago, before Space was renovated. Seeing the cracks in the infrastructure made the ride a lot scarier. Seeing that you're going 34mph makes it a lot less scary.
                  Is it sad for the CMs that have to work and can't join the festivities? ie; custodial, foods, attractions... etc?

5. Parade route is not so jammed packed. I suggest not catching snowflakes on your tongue.
                  Only if my digestive tract is having a slow week and needs some help... eeeeewww lol

6. No Fantasmic! crowds taking up valuable walking space. (Downside: no Fantasmic!)
                  7. Free picture with a character.
                  It sounds like you've been to a few? You sound kinda "meh" about the whole affair.... (no sarcasm intened)

Any stories of the past?? surprise entertainment, guests, employee giveaways?

Comment

• mainstreetcm
                    Disneyland is your land.
                    • Jan 2006

Is it sad for the CMs that have to work and can't join the festivities? ie; custodial, foods, attractions... etc?
                    As long as they got their tickets every CM should have the opportunity to go the the party on either of the two days! So no one should be left out of the festivities.
                    Class of 2005...

Comment

• Tracy98
                      MiceChatter
                      • Dec 2006

CM's usually work one or 2 and attend 1. They are allowed to go and get food on their breaks around the park in costume. It is a lot of fun. Have been 3x all together and going next week. I can still remember going with a classmate in 91 b/c her mom worked for DL.

Comment

• sediment
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

I don't think so. It's not the normal crowd, so it's probably a little less stressful. Still get paid, too.

And, that's why there are two nights. Work one, take one off.

Comment

• sediment
                          Banned User
                          • Jan 2005

It sounds like you've been to a few? You sound kinda "meh" about the whole affair.... (no sarcasm intened)

Any stories of the past?? surprise entertainment, guests, employee giveaways?
                          "Meh"? That's my line!!
                          I've only been to a few, on a relative's pass. Nothing extremely impressive. I've heard of "guest cruise directors" on Jungle Cruise, and sometimes higher-ups (executives) take on CM roles in places you wouldn't expect. Seen none of this myself, though.

Comment

• SilentDante
                            Dapper Dan-nabe
                            • May 2007

From the Hub:

"Party highlights include:

"A Christmas Fantasy" parade with snow (weather permitting)
                            Various holiday entertainment throughout the park
                            Special spiels at selected Attractions (The Jungle Cruise, Main Street Vehicles and Story Book)
                            Every ticketed employee that attends the party will receive an ornament
                            Exclusive event merchandise sale at the Festival Arena
                            Disney VoluntEARS will host Operation Uplift at the Festival Arena"

This is my first time going (on wifey's ticket), and I'm pretty excited about it.
                            -SilentDante
                            eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

• DCACM
                              exDCACM
                              • Jun 2005

Not at all. The party is held on 3 different nights, that way, everyone can go. Also, managers and high-ups will often staff the attractions, food and merch. locations on party nights.

One of the perks for working the parties is that it is the one time a year we can actually take breaks and eat on stage... can even go on rides and shop in costume.

Comment

• DCACM
                                exDCACM
                                • Jun 2005

Last edited by DCACM; 11-27-2007, 03:44 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

• DCACM
                                  exDCACM
                                  • Jun 2005

If you don't know.. (I didn't and asked and someone (not sediment)YELLED at me for asking a repeated question).. you can turn OFF seeing sigs in your PROFILE. It eased my pain of seeing crud of sigs....
                                  OFF TOPIC: Wow! I've never looked at the "options" feature... no more obnoxious sig viewing for me! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• IndianaJenn
                                    MC Director of Sales and Marketing
                                    MiceChat Moderator
                                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by pattimelt View Post
                                    The info on the Cast Xmas Party was just put on the hub a couple days ago. The mix in party is Nov 25, Dec 3 & 4 are CM's only. We can pick up our tickets from the Team Centers on Nov 7th if anyone cares and hasn't seen it up on the Hub yet..
                                    And she gets to take a friend ... which is me. Yay!! I get to go the Cast Party!! :yea:
                                    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                                    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

• pattimelt
                                      DLR Cast Member
                                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
                                      And she gets to take a friend ... which is me. Yay!! I get to go the Cast Party!! :yea:
                                      You told!!!!!!!! Who said you could TELL???

Comment

• IndianaJenn
                                        MC Director of Sales and Marketing
                                        MiceChat Moderator
                                        • Jan 2005

Ummm ... Walt?

I am so excited to go! Thanks again, Patti!

(And it's good to see you posting!)
                                        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
                                        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

• socal05
                                          • Mar 2005

FYI - Disneyland closing at 6pm tonight

I had to call DL about another matter and was told they were closing tonight at 6pm. CA Adventure will be open later (I think until 10pm).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X